Sign in to follow this  
Casey71

DJax's value?

What RB's do you think are comparable to him at this point? (might make a trade for another RB)

His value may be a bit low due to the knee concerns. I would wait until he comes back 100% and has a good game to ease people's fears, then you will be able to get better value.

Figure if he's healthy he'll get 1200-1300 yards and around 7 TDs. That is a mid-level #2 RB. Problem is people will likely not give you a #2 RB right now for him, unless they are loaded at RB and weak at WR.

New Concerns? He's had knee issues for almost a year. Maybe you could trade him for Dom Davis.

You could always shoot for a guy like Julius Jones(who may be sharing down the road) or Tatum Bell (uncertainty)...guys with any sort of uncertainty.

So a Chester Taylor might be possible? But wait a bit. Droughns could be comparable right now maybe (4th round). But Droughns isn't the greatest.

My RB's are SA and Westy by the way. My back ups are Benson and Gado (ouch)

New Concerns? He's had knee issues for almost a year. Maybe you could trade him for Dom Davis.

You could always shoot for a guy like Julius Jones(who may be sharing down the road) or Tatum Bell (uncertainty)...guys with any sort of uncertainty.

I typo'd "knee"...you don't spell "new" with a "k" anyways so that should have been obvious. Thanks for letting the world KNOW the obvious about his KNEE.

:doh:

He's gimpy until proven otherwise. There are stories all over the interweb about DJax not practicing and the Seahawks showing interest in just about any WR that hits the open market. Unless you have your own doubts about his health and want to get what you can for him now, you have to hang on to him for a game or two and hope he stays healthy and produces something before you can expect to get what I would consider his true value, which, when healthy, is fairly high.

So a Chester Taylor might be possible? But wait a bit. Droughns could be comparable right now maybe (4th round). But Droughns isn't the greatest.

My RB's are SA and Westy by the way. My back ups are Benson and Gado (ouch)

Chester Taylor would be a great pickup if you could get him straight up for Jackson. Somehow I doubt the Taylor owner would do it. Maybe a guy like Fred Taylor though, who everybody worries about getting injured as well.

His true value being......like a #2ish..RB?

When healthy, I figure he's good for around 80+ receptions, 1100+ yards and 7 or 8 TDs, so yeah, depending on your scoring system, that's a solid # 2 RB.

Chester Taylor would be a great pickup if you could get him straight up for Jackson. Somehow I doubt the Taylor owner would do it. Maybe a guy like Fred Taylor though, who everybody worries about getting injured as well.

I own C. taylor and there is no way in hell I would give him up for D.Jackson. That being said I got jackson in the 5th and hope he can do good. I replaced him with rod smith for this weeks game but if he comes out and can put up good numbers and get better as the year goes on he will be a great WR that you may be able to trade for a #2 back.

I traded T. Bell yesterday straight up to get DJax. Decent trade for both sides. I had depth, and didn't like the uncertainty in Denver anyway. Seeing DJax not on the injury list this week makes me feel even better. Seeing him in the playoffs last year - he's a stud when healthy, and I think he's healthy.

That being said, if I owned an RB2 that had a lock on the job I wouldn't give them up for a DJax (C. Taylor/JLew, etc)...

I traded T. Bell yesterday straight up to get DJax. Decent trade for both sides. I had depth, and didn't like the uncertainty in Denver anyway. Seeing DJax not on the injury list this week makes me feel even better. Seeing him in the playoffs last year - he's a stud when healthy, and I think he's healthy.

That being said, if I owned an RB2 that had a lock on the job I wouldn't give them up for a DJax (C. Taylor/JLew, etc)...

Like I said, Tatum Bell has uncertainty around him going into week 1. Risk for Risk, but uninjured risk is much better than injured risk. Nice move getting Bell.

I picked up a 2nd rounder for D-Jack right after the Super Bowl, i couldn't hit "Accept" fast enough. Steer clear of Jackson.

Nice move getting Bell.

Maybe I missed something but I chink he said he traded bell for D.JAX. Unless you are giving him props for drafting bell in the first place.

I rated D-Jax as a guy I will absolutely not draft. I didn't want the headache.

That said, you should wait & see if he is truly healthy & get fair value. I think the best RB you could ask for right now is a Maroney, Benson, or D Williams type- who are also uncertainties at this point. No way you'll get Chester for D-Jax right now.

Look for a RB who starts slow in weeks 1-2, and hope D-Jax shows something.

Maybe I missed something but I chink he said he traded bell for D.JAX. Unless you are giving him props for drafting bell in the first place.

Yep, I traded to GET DJax. Like I said, Bell wasn't going to start for me, and I firmly believe Shanny has him pegged for a change of pace back for life. Several people felt DJax was fine after the minor cleanup surgery on his knee and sure enough he's not even on the injury list this week. As a WR3 he could be absolute gold. I'm willing to take the risk that comes with DJax..Looks like knee surgery is better to have than pulled hamstrings these days anyway...