Sign in to follow this  
JStover24

Shockey or Watson in Week 1

I guess I'll be the only one to say Shockey, without a doubt. Never bench Shockey. He will put up a good week, then probably call you and rub it in your face. He's a maniac, don't bench him.

And this was an analyzation off Sportsline, see the last sentence. Watson has upside, but wait til he proves it-

Watson has a phenomenal upper body, good hands and will be a mismatch problem for defenses all season. Is he the next Antonio Gates? Time will tell on that one, but he could be more like Ben Coates, a former Patriot who led the team in receiving for a number of years. He's got a good matchup in Week 1 against the Bills and should start for all owners unless they have a better tight end option available (like a Gates or a Jeremy Shockey).

At flex, would you play Watson over WR's like D Mason, A Johnson, or A Bryant? I'm thinking about doing so...

I wouldn't play Watson over Mason or Johnson, but probably Bryant. Also, keep an eye on Mason's injury status.

Gotta leave Shockey in. He's proven. Watson is positioned to break out, but let him put some stats up before you bench a top tier TE.

i like both match ups ...but personally for me shockey plays late, and i love to hold the hammer..nothing better then having a player when the guy your playing has nobody left...

As a Watson owner, I am praying that he goes off this year. However, until he puts up a dominant game (say 100+ yards and a Touch), I gotta play the Shocked one.

Why is everybody so high on Watson. He's never put up numbers like Shockey and is very unproven. By the way, is he listed as the #1 TE on the Patriots depth chart. Oh, and also, whether Branch is out or not, Brady will still spread the ball around. Start Shockey and don't ever ask another stupid question like this again!!!!!!!!!!!