Sign in to follow this  
mixmasterbert

*** Official Chambers discussion ***

Anyone who has chambers should immediatly drop him for wes walker.... :huh:

Anyone who has chambers should immediatly drop him for wes walker.... :banana:

I thought his name was Welker, but this is the second time I've seen it written as Walker. It appears someone is in error around this joint.

If Culpepper does his job, Chambers has 2tds tonite.

The first one, Pepper threw a laser while Chambers was moving the other way, having to twist back around against his momentum to catch the ball. A little more touch on the ball, and it's a catch.

The second is self explanatory. He was open, and Pepper rushed the throw. He looks like a guy who hasn't really played in a year. Skittish, impatient, and doing it with no technique (just look at his feet when he throws).

As a Chris Chambers owner, I have a few observations from the first game:

1. The good news is...Chambers is going to have a lot of balls thrown his way. Culpepper was looking his way on short routes, deep routes and a few times in the red zone.

:banana:

2. The bad news is, 65 percent of them will be completely uncatchable and 25 percent will require him to make spectacular highlight plays.

:wall:

Even if he had some decent "stats", Culpepper was absolutely terrible tonight. Almost all of his passes were either faaaar overthrown or pathetically underthrown. The ones that got caught either required the receiver to stop and come back for it, or catch it in heavy traffic.

Pathetic.

Not the greatest game from Chambers, but he will still have a good season. I expect 10 tds and nothing less.

It was an OK game for CC. He should have had that TD when Pep airmailed it to the back of the endzone. That should have been a very easy touchdown. Chambers' stats will get much better from here. :clap:

....Can we just delete all the other posts in this thread except for these?

Yes Miami didn't figure out they actually needed to throw to him until the second half and yes Culpepper needs to work on some things and learn again how to throw an accurate ball. Check out Miami's next few games until their bye, they will be successful. It is a long season, do not fear Chambers owners.