Sign in to follow this  
tbrads

Kevin Jones for Cadillac?

I own KJ, and he was not bad against a tough Seattle D and he seems healthy. His schedule gets better after Chicago this week.

My buddy owns Cadillac, who has back spasms, and did nothing against Baltimore. And his schedule looks brutal for the next month.

Would you make this trade?

My team:

QB: Jake Delhomme; Culpepper

WR: Fitzgerald, Andre Johnson, Lee Evans, Reggie Brown

RB: Larry Johnson, Frank Gore, Kevin Jones, Marion Barber

TE: Chris Cooley, Colston

K: Nate Keading

Def: Baltimore

My league plays

QB, 2WR, 2RB, 1TE, 1 flex wr/rb, 1K, 1DEF

going into this year, I was really high on Cadillac.

6 weeks ago, I would have traded Jones for Cadillac in a second. Now, the back spasms thing associated with Cadillac does scare me a bit, but with most sports, the Trainers are skilled enough to work these things out more often than not.

you dont often see players retiring due to a bad back anymore. You will just see brief periods of lower production while the athlete heals themselves.

I wasnt too keen on Jones coming into this year because I was burned by him last year with a bad season.

I acknowledge poor coaching may have played a big role in that and the new coach sure has the team looking good.

Based on the above, I'd keep jones.

However, its a tough call and if you decide to pursue this, I'd do my homework to find out just how bad this back issue with cadillac really is. You may find you have got yourself a bargain if it turns out to be a short term problem. I think its worth the extra hour to do your homework and find out what the actual case is.