Sign in to follow this  
BoSox

L J owners

ROAF TO HOLD PRESS CONFERENCE

Kansas City general manager Carl Peterson and head coach Herm

Edwards both indicated Tuesday that they know nothing in regard to a

Thursday press conference that has been scheduled by retired OL

WILLIE ROAF. Roaf is still property of Kansas City, as he resides on

their reserve/did-not-report list. Source: Associated Press.

uh, which means it could also possibly be bad news for LJ owners.

In other words, nothing at all has changed except now we know that the Chiefs know as much as we know about the situation.

Roaf isn't playing. That's my best guess. It's week 2. He's not been through camp.

I am beginning to think the guy in my autosig is *gulp* right.

It's going to be a real test for them against Denver this week. Huard at QB....tough Denver D...yikes.

I'm not sure about the NFLPA rules but if he comes back does he have to serve a suspension for retiring then coming back? I could be way off though...

I'm not sure about the NFLPA rules but if he comes back does he have to serve a suspension for retiring then coming back? I could be way off though...

That and AARP is going to be pissed!!

man...i can't wait for this news conference to be over already, i've been seeing new threads about it every day now since sunday or monday. Yes, we get it, he's holding a press conference @ his lawyers place, doesn't sound like a return...at least wait till after the thing tomorrow before starting another thread please everyone :headbanger:

man...i can't wait for this news conference to be over already, i've been seeing new threads about it every day now since sunday or monday. Yes, we get it, he's holding a press conference @ his lawyers place, doesn't sound like a return...at least wait till after the thing tomorrow before starting another thread please everyone :headbanger:

The word on Sirius Radio is that he is holding it to reiterate that he is retired. :banana:

Yeah, Tim Ryan and Pat Kerwin thought it was strange too. Maybe it will be like the Brett Favre big press conference he held and said absolutely nothing at. Oh wait, I guess he did say that this Packer team is the most talented he has ever played with.

I heard to stories..

1) He is going to offically retire...

2) He is holding it at his lawyers cause he wants compensation for the injuries that he has suffered and his lawyer is helping him try to build a case against the Chiefs.

Either way, not going to matter for KC at all... Roaf is gone, if the latter is what happens, he will never play in KC again.

Technically, he is not retired. The Chiefs have him on the "Did Not Report" list, or whatever they call it. And they'll leave it at that until somewhere around week 10 I believe.

ROAF TO HOLD PRESS CONFERENCE

Kansas City general manager Carl Peterson and head coach Herm

Edwards both indicated Tuesday that they know nothing in regard to a

Thursday press conference that has been scheduled by retired OL

WILLIE ROAF. Roaf is still property of Kansas City, as he resides on

their reserve/did-not-report list. Source: Associated Press.

AKA He's going to retire.

Technically, he is not retired. The Chiefs have him on the "Did Not Report" list, or whatever they call it. And they'll leave it at that until somewhere around week 10 I believe.

Correct. He cannot return until week 10.

Maybe he is going to reiterate the suggestions of some pre-FFDraft that those high on LJs 2005 season should have considered his retirement, the departure of Richardson, and the new coaching regime before taking him as the #1 pick? :lol:

I also heard it on SIRIUS that the press conference is only to once and for all, in Willie's words, let everyone know he is RETIRED!.... Not on PUP list or anything remotely like it. He is done and rather not happy that the KC organization has portrayed otherwise.

This was posted on FOXSports:

Willie Roaf and Chiefs president/general manager Carl Peterson have finally had a sit-down, and Roaf’s official status on the team has been changed to reserve/retired. Roaf, who said just before training camp that his knees and hamstring couldn’t sustain another season, was listed as reserve/did not report before his meeting with Peterson. “Willie was a terrific player and a terrific person,” Peterson said. “His teammates, coaches and everyone associated with the Chiefs will miss him.”

Posted September 14, by Ben Maller

Since the Chiefs changed his designation from reserve/did not report to reserve/retired, I would suspect he is done. Those cleats have been hung up and he really doesn't care how Larry Johnson's FF performance is this year, since he was on vacation and didn't get into a FF league.

LJ owners, you will miss this guy. Go back and look at the film. See that guy opening up a huge hole for LJ? Yep, it's Roaf. :dunno:

Correct. He cannot return until week 10.

Source?

There is a distinction between DNR and retired. I was thinking that the week 10 thing is where the CHIEFS have to officially retire him, but I dont have the rule available to check. Its academic interest at this point, but still.

J

Willie Roaf-T- Chiefs Sep. 14 - 11:11 am et

Chiefs moved T Willie Roaf to the reserved/retired list.

Roaf won't suit up for Kansas City this season.

Rotoworld.com

“We only wish Willie and his family the best for the future,” Peterson continued, and added that Roaf “thanked Lamar Hunt, Carl and the organization for the opportunity to continue his career in Kansas City.”

That should stop all week 10 talk.. He is Done..

Go back and look at the film. See that guy opening up a huge hole for LJ? Yep, it's Roaf

This guy was a beast, and he will be missed. He should go the HOF no problem, played 13 years and went to the Pro-Bowl 11 times - the Saints were idiots for letting him leave.

A lot of LJ haters after one week of action. I don't get it. The guy did rack up quite a few all-purpose yards. Roaf was an excellent player, yes, but so is LJ. He will be just fine - perhaps not the 40 point per week stud he was for 9 straight games last year but certainly one of the top 3 as most drafts had him. The cumulative effect of Roaf, Richardson and Edwards may be the bigger deal, but even that will not render LJ ineffective. Just not as effective as he was last year, which was record-setting.