Sign in to follow this  
rottytiny

Colston or Cotchery?

Colston or Cotchery?

Which WR has more value the rest of the season?

Looking to dump Kennison, but for which one??

Colston or Cotchery?

i just traded Cotchery for Colston...for me it was an easy choice because I play in a yahoo league and can still play him at TE for at least this week and for who knows how long after (can't beat getting WR numbers for a tight end). Cotchery and Coles' success is going to ride on Pennington staying healthy. I guess the same can be said for Brees, but Chaddy boy has a history of getting injured. Also Brees seems to have keyed on Colston as a fav target much like he did in his TE Gates. Colstons size also comes into play. He is a huge WR that makes a great redzone threat, Cotchery is a small reciever with great foot speed. Touchdowns are worth 6 points. Go Colston!

Colston or Cotchery?

I just dropped Kennison for Colston in a 12-team Yahoo league with just 4 bench spots. I may end up starting Colston over McMichael at TE. I figure I may be able to pick Kennison back up later if need be, especially since he's on bye this week.

Colston because you can start him at TE.

All hype aside, I still feel WR Dev Henderson ('aints 'other young guy') will outperform either over the course of the season. Less sexy but productive.

Cotchery has been a nice suprise, but having watched him for 3 years now I always thought of him more as a good returner. Nice to see him improve.

TE considerations aside, I think Cotchery is the better pick. He has more experience (albeit still limited) and less competition. Drew Brees has done his damage against 2 of the 3 worst teams in the NFL. The Jets did their damage against a bad and a good team. Colston is competing with more receivers for catches. Joe Horn should come around, and Henderson will also get looks. In New York, Coles is the man, period. But that hasn't cut into Cotcherry's production. McCareins proved last year that he sucked and Cotcherry has made quick work of him. When Horn heats up, I'm worried Colston's production takes a hit. We don't have to worry about Coles heating up because he's already on fire. One more strike against Colston is that many rookie WRs hit a wall around week 10.

I think Cotcherry is the pick-up