Sign in to follow this  
RLLD

Turks take a step toward humanity

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/sto...ertainment/home

Court acquits novelist of insulting 'Turkishness'
:pointstosky:

Some 25 nationalist protesters were holding an EU flag adorned with a Nazi swastika in the middle and a slogan that read: “EU fascism.” The protesters were also holding several Turkish flags.
:banana: :headbanger: :bandana:

Aside from not having a flipping clue about facism, it would appear that there are still plenty of idiots to be found. You have to wonder how this isnt an "affront to Islam" though :clap:

I've been to many places and I can say unequivocally that Turkey was absolutely the worst. :banana: Pray you're never caught out on the Turkish economy while battling a sudden onset of diarehha.

Couldn't disagree more. Was in Turkey a few months ago - sailed the Mediterranean, went to Izmir and Ephesus, and spent almost a week in Istanbul. Incredible country, great food, and the people could not have been friendlier.

never been to turkey, but i have a brilliant (and beautiful) classmate from turkey. she's shown pics of her hometown on the mediterranean, and it looks very nice. she can cook up some tasty food too.

I've been to many places and I can say unequivocally that Turkey was absolutely the worst. :blink: Pray you're never caught out on the Turkish economy while battling a sudden onset of diarehha.

When the news of foreign tourists nearby hits the market, they all make sure to jack up their prices and gouge as much as they can.... :blink: