Sign in to follow this  
Groundhog

Am I giving up too much here?

I'm interested in trading for Brandon Jacobs (bye week fill-in), and am thinking about offering a WR in return. My list of WRs is:

Wayne, Housh, Galloway, Bennett

Plan: offer Galloway for Jacobs.

I know everyone is down on Galloway, but this is a clear #1 WR being traded for a clear #2 RB. You have to figure that if the Bucs continue to suck, Galloway could get a fair number of catches in garbage time.

My interest in Jacobs is (1) possible vulturing of TD chances, and (2) if something serious happens to Tiki, I've struck gold.

The other guy only has 3 WRs (Colston, Evans, Booker) and he has like 6 other RBs on his roster (Ronnie Brown, Caddy, Thomas Jones, Lundy, Dayne, Chris Brown)...Jacobs being about 4th string. So to me this seems like a good deal.

So....is this a fair deal? Am I giving up too much? Not enough?

will answer yours if linked.

I'm interested in trading for Brandon Jacobs (bye week fill-in), and am thinking about offering a WR in return. My list of WRs is:

I know everyone is down on Galloway, but this is a clear #1 WR being traded for a clear #2 RB. You have to figure that if the Bucs continue to suck, Galloway could get a fair number of catches in garbage time.

My interest in Jacobs is (1) possible vulturing of TD chances, and (2) if something serious happens to Tiki, I've struck gold.

The other guy only has 3 WRs (Colston, Evans, Booker) and he has like 6 other RBs on his roster (Ronnie Brown, Caddy, Thomas Jones, Lundy, Dayne, Chris Brown)...Jacobs being about 4th string. So to me this seems like a good deal.

If you are comfortable with Bennett as your #3, then do it.

I personally, would not do this trade.

If you are comfortable with Bennett as your #3, then do it.

I personally, would not do this trade.

i would not do this trade. I think you're losing too much depth at WR for a one week replacement. I own Jacobs and agree with you that we can just sit him and play him when tiki goes down or on bye weeks. However, I wouldn't sacrifice quality depth for a big what-if. Pick up someone on the ww if you're not confident with your backup rb.

I'm assuming you start 2 at WR - until Housh is back to 100% that trade could put you in a tough position. I like Jacobs, but if he'll be riding bench for you outside of your RB bye weeks he doesn't do your team as much good as Galloway. Posting your team and how many you start at WR/RB would help, but I'd lean towards keeping Galloway.

Please see mine:http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...howtopic=235366

i would not do this trade. I think you're losing too much depth at WR for a one week replacement. I own Jacobs and agree with you that we can just sit him and play him when tiki goes down or on bye weeks. However, I wouldn't sacrifice quality depth for a big what-if. Pick up someone on the ww if you're not confident with your backup rb.

I wouldn't do it myself. What are your other options on RB? No reason to be down on Galloway. Yes, the QB position is stinking in TB, but Joey still has wheels & will still get some long TDs.

I wouldn't do it myself. What are your other options on RB? No reason to be down on Galloway. Yes, the QB position is stinking in TB, but Joey still has wheels & will still get some long TDs.

My current roster of RBs is:

LT, Turner, Gore, Barber III Esq. Jr.

(in other words, I have one live RB and three guys off on bye weeks - guess who didn't check the bye weeks on draft day?)

I could pick up a free agent RB (the best out there seems to be Morency or maybe Betts...slim pickings), but to do so, I'd have to drop someone. I'm not dropping Barber with Parcells saying that JJones got too many carries last week. I'm not dropping one of those WRs. I only have 1 TE and 1 D. I have two kickers, but one is on a bye this week, so I'll drop the other after the week 3 games are played. That leaves me with QB, where I have McNabb and Grossman. Just seems like a really bad idea to drop Grossman for a one-week RB who probably won't get me any points anyway. I'd honestly rather take a zero for my RB #2 if it means protecting my roster for later in the year.

I wouldn't trade Galloway for Jacobs.

Try to trade for a RB who is making a push for the #1 spot.

DeAngelo Williams or Joseph Addai might be a more attractive offer for you.

TN