Sign in to follow this  
edjr

Tiger and Jim Furyk vs Mrs. Doubtfire and Padraig Harrington

* obviously toms is still not 100% - he'd never sit out normally.

* verplank had better step up - still not happy about his selection to the team. i'd rather see v.taylor in there.

* i think it may be time to split phil and dimarco up, you have to get at least one win out of that power team and they were lucky to get halves. might be a better play to spread their talent over two teams rather than just have it lumped into one.

what's the weather supposed to be like saturday?

Maybe, but if that was the case, why play him twice today?

* verplank had better step up - still not happy about his selection to the team. i'd rather see v.taylor in there.

If the U.S. actually loses ground in the AM, Taylor may not play until singles Sunday, that would be a mistake. I know nothing about his game

* i think it may be time to split phil and dimarco up, you have to get at least one win out of that power team and they were lucky to get halves. might be a better play to spread their talent over two teams rather than just have it lumped into one.

Totally agree. DiMarco can probably play with anybody a scramble a half. I'm beginning to think Phil is more of a diva that Tiger :blink:

However, I'm just as much for busting up Tiger/Furyk for the same reasons. Why can't you have Tiger/Phil/Furyk/DiMarco in each of the 4 matches. This would be mine:

Tiger/Henry

Phil/Cink

Furyk/Campbell

Dimarco/Verplank

what's the weather supposed to be like saturday?

I plugged in Dublin on weather.com & it said high 67, 90% chance of rain, 22 mph winds. In other words, a normal day there, right? :blink:

Maybe, but if that was the case, why play him twice today?

out of respect, it just goes to show you how much lehman (and the entire team) regard toms. he's a warrior and obviously isn't going to volunteer to sit - i'm certain this was the case.

i might make pairings like this:

tiger/campbell

dimarco/taylor

furyk/henry

phil/johnson

out of respect, it just goes to show you how much lehman (and the entire team) regard toms. he's a warrior

Not going to dispute that

Down 5-3 is still OK.

Not where they want to be, but OK.