Sign in to follow this  
wRONg JEREMY

Antonio Gates?

I've never taken a TE that early (3.08 in a 12-teamer). I could have taken C. Taylor or Dunn to go with R. Brown(1.08) and S. Smith2.05). I ended up stealing K. Winslow at 10.05 and will probably end up starting the wrong TE each week now.

Should I try to find someone who would trade a decent RB for him (Dunn or Taylor) and trust Winslow to stay healthy?

or

Just ride him out and trust that Brown, J. Jones(4.05) and F. Gore(5.08) will be a adequate stable of RB's for the year?

3rd round was way too early to take Gates. He went 3.6 in our 12 team draft and I thought it was too early then. Remember - he was Brees's favorite target, not Rivers'. I was telling that to guys in my league all along. Yes - he was clearly the 1st TE to be taken based on every ranking sheet I saw, and I agreed, but a 3rd rounder is too high for any TE. Not much likelihood he was going to produce the numbers of last year with a 1st year starting QB.

With all that being said, he still has a lot of trade value. If you can get a Fred Taylor or Warrick Dunn for him, do that. I'd feel just fine starting Winslow. Dunn or Taylor will end up this season with more fantasy points than Gates.

Good luck.

3rd round was way too early to take Gates. He went 3.6 in our 12 team draft and I thought it was too early then. Remember - he was Brees's favorite target, not Rivers'. I was telling that to guys in my league all along. Yes - he was clearly the 1st TE to be taken based on every ranking sheet I saw, and I agreed, but a 3rd rounder is too high for any TE. Not much likelihood he was going to produce the numbers of last year with a 1st year starting QB.

With all that being said, he still has a lot of trade value. If you can get a Fred Taylor or Warrick Dunn for him, do that. I'd feel just fine starting Winslow. Dunn or Taylor will end up this season with more fantasy points than Gates.

Good luck.

I wonder if Gates is even worth a #2 running back. Definately took him to early. :dunno:

Good luck.

Agreed. Gates was just traded as part of a package in my league

I don't think he will live up to it. SD will look like the Bears this year. Play great D and run, run, run LT!!!!!!!

If Gates is going that low, I'd be buying. Yes, he's been quite so far...but as disappointing as he's perceived to be, he still had two decent games. We all know he's a freak, and you can't dispute his track record. Give Rivers a little time and take the chance that by mid-season Gates will once again be studly.

Remember - he was Brees's favorite target, not Rivers'. I

Really? From things I've seen (reports of Rivers and Gates in the offseason), Gates is Phillip's favorite target. Supposedly they had built a good repoire. S.D. hasn't had to throw that much so far in their 2 games, so obviously Gates stats aren't going to look great so far. :banana:

I drafted Gates in the 3rd round in a 16 teamn and 12 team league. At the point I was drafting in in the 16 team league (3rd overall) snake style he was the best player available #35. In the 12 team league i drafted in the 11 spot. So did the reverse. 1. CJ, 2. Holt, 3. Gates. Either way I wanted to secure the argueably the best player at his positiion. My 16 team didnt turn out so shabby....14 player roster.....

McNair, Simms weak links

LJ(1), Gore(4), Duece, Buck, Lundy...buck was an FA add as I had Greg Jones. Memo drafted but dropped.

Boldin(2), Evans, Bryant, Cotchery..was a FA add..memo dropped for him

Gates(3)

John Hall

ALT D

It is very early. I laugh at all the bandwagon jumpers and those jumping off after a slow start. I think people look at oh he had 1000 yards and 10 touchdowns and expect big numbers ever week. I think Fantasy Football opens the eyes to those that really dont follow football at how up and down things can be. Gates dropped a 20 yard TD last week.. could have easily had 75 and a TD..I will take that any day of the week.

Wow.... you guys are panicking big time if you traded Gates away in just two weeks.

He'll get his TDs and yards.... Chargers won't be able to run the ball forever. I took him at round 3 too... it was him or a #2 WR type player... Adding Gates is essentially getting another #2 WR. I got around to picking a couple avg. receivers. I feel #2 receiveers + gates would be better off than a higher WR + a mid-low TE.

So he is worth it. Just be patient. It's only 2 games.