Sign in to follow this  
JibbaJabbah

I will never pay for cbssportsline again

I know how cbssportsline can save bandwidth, but not putting adds and video's all over everything. People pay way too much to use them and when they get on they cant even see their scores.

Next year I am going to write some software to create a better league. Are there any features that are "outside the box" that you wish were in any pay leagues?

This is more for baseball, but a sick feature would be an automatic sit/start feature, where it automatically benches people with bye works, or you can set it up in the beginning of the year to bench certain players against certain teams like the Bears.....just a thought

Every fantasy football site has a downside. CBS is bad, NFL is bad, and ESPN sucks. Yahoo isn't any better either. It sucks that you pay for features that never work. And you shouldn't be littered with advertisements in a paid league.

My fantasy league has no downside. Have not seen any mistakes or problems with this site in 3 years. Lots of features that work. You will not be dissatisfied. Our league loves it. :thumbsup:

cbs charges way too much. It's ree dicku lus.

A nice feature would be an up to the minute player info - like this week - Dillon was scheduled with ZERO points, then he plays. Stuff like that.

Next year...............we're going back to paper and pencil.

What?

That's too bad, I was considering switching from Yahoo to one of the others next year; mostly because I don't like how you an pick up free agents during the games on Sundays. I like the CBS system where all free agents go on waivers until Tuesday or Wednesday.

That's my only serious complaint about Yahoo. It would also be nice if I could supply my own can't cut list and if they supported online auction drafts.

In general, I'd say yahoo is intuitive and easy to use, I like it better than espn which is the only other one I've tried for any extended period.

What are the pros/cons of your site?

That's too bad, I was considering switching from Yahoo to one of the others next year; mostly because I don't like how you an pick up free agents during the games on Sundays. I like the CBS system where all free agents go on waivers until Tuesday or Wednesday.

I'm pretty sure that you can change ur settings in yahoo so that players go on waivers on tuesday, if it isn't that way, I think they will add it next year.....I hate when a guy goes down and his backup is snatched up already while the guy is on ground.....

I'm pretty sure that you can change ur settings in yahoo so that players go on waivers on tuesday, if it isn't that way, I think they will add it next year.....

Really? I looked all over for this in the league that I run and couldn't find anything. Do you know what option this is?

I hate when a guy goes down and his backup is snatched up already while the guy is on ground.....

Exactly, I hate that guys get rewarded for watching the game with their laptop in front of them.

My fantasy league has no downside. Have not seen any mistakes or problems with this site in 3 years. Lots of features that work. You will not be dissatisfied. Our league loves it. :cry:

what site please?

That's my only serious complaint about Yahoo. It would also be nice if I could supply my own can't cut list and if they supported online auction drafts.

In general, I'd say yahoo is intuitive and easy to use, I like it better than espn which is the only other one I've tried for any extended period.

What are the pros/cons of your site?

i switched to cbs from yahoo....yahoo does let you edit the waiver dates...

i am not sure yetr if i like cbs or not...i like the extra functionality, but it does seem primative...what site should i be looking at for next season....

Thanks for some of the suggestions. Since I work in IT, it makes me mad that cbssportsline has not figured out how to get the sites working correctly a month into the season. Some years are better than others I am sure. Is anyone able to download the stats from the NFL, or do you have to pay to get that information as well.

With the price as high as it is, it should run smooth. I even understand giving it a week or so. Also, with ESPN now doing all this fantasy stuff, one would think their service would be much better.

I think it is a matter of time until a "small player" comes up and creates a hosting site that the price is right for that works. Competition is a good thing.

My fantasy league has no downside. Have not seen any mistakes or problems with this site in 3 years. Lots of features that work. You will not be dissatisfied. Our league loves it. :pointstosky:

I have been with MFL for almost 6 years.

http://www.myfantasyleague.com/

We have not had any problems with them.

http://football22.myfantasyleague.com/2006/home/22544

They even have a support foream for commishes with problems or lessons on how to enhance your site:

http://www.sidelineleagues.com/forums/index.php

I have never had issues with yahoo for football or basketball. And we have never played football on cBS. But we have had minor issues with cBS for basketball and baseball.

But on the real....

MFL is the roxor!

:cry:

RTS is a good site -- we're into our 4th year with the service. There's not a lot of frills, it's kind of ugly, and it has tendency to slow to a crawl a couple of times on game day, but it's inexpensive, it works, and there are no ads. I miss a couple of things that Sportsline had (the league rankings were cool), but not enough to ever go back to their crappy overall service.

i switched to cbs from yahoo....yahoo does let you edit the waiver dates...

How do you do this? The only option I can see is the "Time players are on waivers" option which only affects how long a player is on waivers after a manager drops them.

Ideally, all players would go on waivers from the time that their game starts until sometime during the week, Tuesday or Weds at noon would be good.

I have been with MFL for almost 6 years.

http://www.myfantasyleague.com/

We have not had any problems with them.

http://football22.myfantasyleague.com/2006/home/22544

They even have a support foream for commishes with problems or lessons on how to enhance your site:

http://www.sidelineleagues.com/forums/index.php

I have never had issues with yahoo for football or basketball. And we have never played football on cBS. But we have had minor issues with cBS for basketball and baseball.

But on the real....

MFL is the roxor!

:blink:

:blink:

Been there for 4 years.. Love it..

Regarding controlling waiver wire times on Yahoo:

Only if you are in the pay version. I am in the free, private system and I have to manually freeze all coaches and run the WW process myself (as commish).

Regarding controlling waiver wire times on Yahoo:

Only if you are in the pay version. I am in the free, private system and I have to manually freeze all coaches and run the WW process myself (as commish).

Thanks for the info. Maybe I'll pay the league fee next year.

My league has never had a problem with CBS in 7 years.

Maybe twice a year the live scoring goes down for an hour or so, but other than that, zero complaints.

:shrug:

RTS is a good site -- we're into our 4th year with the service. There's not a lot of frills, it's kind of ugly, and it has tendency to slow to a crawl a couple of times on game day, but it's inexpensive, it works, and there are no ads. I miss a couple of things that Sportsline had (the league rankings were cool), but not enough to ever go back to their crappy overall service.

I couldn't agree more. :D