Sign in to follow this  
Q.Lazzarus

Any Jesu fans?

I like them a lot. Definitely worth checking out if you like Godflesh. Typical Justin Broadrick sound and very long songs (8-10 minutes on average). I have the self titles album and Silver and listen to them both frequently.

ISIS does sound a bit like them. Truth be told, I like ISIS better.

I like them a lot. Definitely worth checking out if you like Godflesh. Typical Justin Broadrick sound and very long songs (8-10 minutes on average). I have the self titles album and Silver and listen to them both frequently.

ISIS does sound a bit like them. Truth be told, I like ISIS better.

I think Silver is a slight departure fron the self titled album. It's a little more upbeat, with a slight pop tinge to it. I love em' both though. I like Isis, Neurosis, Pelican etc. as well. I've been playing the hell out of Silver lately. I love it.

Check out a few tracks here:

http://www.myspace.com/jesujesu

Q. Lazz - I listened to your Jesu and it's terrible. By that alone, I know realize that you're probably an unemployed 19 year old goth punk who lives in his mother's basement and spends hours on end listening to Air America and wacking it to Jeanine Garafolo. You spend your time holding a guitar you only wish you could play half as well as the most mediocre of talents. You probably have multiple failed attempts at starting a garage band and I'm sure you were the lead singer with a really course voice. Ultimately your band mates left you for bigger and better things, there may have been some power struggle involving you and another band mate. They sided with him. Meanwhile you rot away in some Midwestern decaying factory town which is inhabited by blue collar liberals or bible thumping conservatives, whom you hate. You have no real direction and no motivation to better yourself. So, you sit by your computer for 15 hours a day posting and responding until the Daily Show comes on. You then retire to bed, listen to the leftist humor. Feel the false sense of enlightment and slowly drift off with you hand on your cork thinking about Jeanine until your mother wrestles you from bed in the morning to walk the dog and look at the want ads.

Glad I'm not you. I hear Navisite is hiring, you should check it out.

Q. Lazz - I listened to your Jesu and it's terrible. By that alone, I know realize that you're probably an unemployed 19 year old goth punk who lives in his mother's basement and spends hours on end listening to Air America and wacking it to Jeanine Garafolo. You spend your time holding a guitar you only wish you could play half as well as the most mediocre of talents. You probably have multiple failed attempts at starting a garage band and I'm sure you were the lead singer with a really course voice. Ultimately your band mates left you for bigger and better things, there may have been some power struggle involving you and another band mate. They sided with him. Meanwhile you rot away in some Midwestern decaying factory town which is inhabited by blue collar liberals or bible thumping conservatives, whom you hate. You have no real direction and no motivation to better yourself. So, you sit by your computer for 15 hours a day posting and responding until the Daily Show comes on. You then retire to bed, listen to the leftist humor. Feel the false sense of enlightment and slowly drift off with you hand on your cork thinking about Jeanine until your mother wrestles you from bed in the morning to walk the dog and look at the want ads.

Glad I'm not you. I hear Navisite is hiring, you should check it out.

:argue: Nice. I wish I was nineteen again. :thumbsdown:

Am I right about anything?

If Cincy is "some Midwestern decaying factory town which is inhabited by blue collar liberals or bible thumping conservatives" then yes.

[/code]The Nati' is straight up gangsta fool!