Sign in to follow this  
seattleslew

Runningback by Committee -- Now Fantasy Friendly?

Is an RBBC becoming more fantasy friendly??

Obviously it depends on the offense. A RBBC is different in Houston than it is in Indy or NE.

But,

I will say this for anyone with Maroney/Dillon, Addai/Rhodes, Deuce(/Bush)..

You still get 15 to 20 touches per game,

The two different "styles" seem to leave opposing Ds off balance,

No wear and tear come playoff time.

And who's to say some of these guys aren't putting up better numbers with fresher legs. Quality over Quantity.

Not saying I would RATHER have RBBC, it's still a crapshoot for the all important goal line carries. But think it's interesting to see what happens when more teams start gravitating toward it because it's effective, not because their backfield is a complete mess. And the possible positives for fantasy owners.

You forgot JJ/Barber.

These situations are only friendly in leagues where you can start a flex player.

Especially when you own and can start both against a suspect D.

Then you can start both your starter and his handcuff in stitutions like Tiki/Jacobs, LT/Turner etc. and you don't have to worry about getting vulture at the goalline or having your guy pulled in a blowout.

In leagues where you can only start 2 RBs it's a frustrating mess.

I've been starting Dillon/Maroney( all season) and JJ/Barber(just this week) in my two leagues with a flex and it's worked out nicely.

BTW, after this week, I think both Addai and Maroney are going to get most of the carries and Dillon and Dom are going to turn into relievers.

Is an RBBC becoming more fantasy friendly??

Never. Ever. Never ever. Period.

Off topic .... dual WRs from the same team, though less rare, can make a successful football team.

Back in '84, I had Duper and Clayton, who were both phenmomenal. Unfortunately, I had Mark Malone as my starting and really only QB - <blech>.

Quick edit (double quote and misspelled word) from these old eyes and fat fingers before the nazi spelling and grammatical police get on my butt. And I did it again ...

Actually, there is one RBBC that was theoretically (1 game) quite good and prolific - James Brooks and Ickey Woods. Ickey, however, went out with an ACL in week 2 on a goal line plunge. I had them both that year, Ickey being my #1 overall pick. Missed the playoffs that year and learned you can't have any Giant WR as your #1 or #2 WR, aside from likely Plexico who I was very tempted to draft, but that Giant WR scar is still tender down deep.