Sign in to follow this  
Team Revell

Chad Johnson

With the continued emergence of a number of other weapons in the Cincinnatti passing game- including but not limited to Housh, Washington, Henry, take your pick- is Chad Johnson going to put up the staggering numbers to which we are accustomed?

It seems to me he is being targeted far less than in years past. Used to be he was Palmer's security blanket, but now with the emergence of so many other lethal targets that isn't the case.

He'll still put up good #s, but not sure that the great #s will ever come.

Good for the Bengals as a whole, bad for CJ owners.

With the continued emergence of a number of other weapons in the Cincinnatti passing game- including but not limited to Housh, Washington, Henry, take your pick- is Chad Johnson going to put up the staggering numbers to which we are accustomed?

It seems to me he is being targeted far less than in years past. Used to be he was Palmer's security blanket, but now with the emergence of so many other lethal targets that isn't the case.

He'll still put up good #s, but not sure that the great #s will ever come.

Good for the Bengals as a whole, bad for CJ owners.

of course he's gonna put up good numbers, but now he's being double and triple teamed which opens up t.j., chris henry, and kelley washington.

of course he's gonna put up good numbers, but now he's being double and triple teamed which opens up t.j., chris henry, and kelley washington.

your response makes NO sense whatsoever. He's been double teamed his whole career. If anything, more people will pay better attention to TJ and CHenry thus leaving him more space to breathe in his patterns. However, I think his overall production will not be the Chad Johnson of past. Following suit of Marvin and Reggie Wayne.

I see Chad Johnson during an NFL channel commercial ....

I see Chad Johnson judging a Cheerleader Competition on said NFL channel ....

I see Chad Johnson on another NFL channel commercial ....

I see Chad Johnson talking smack during the pregame warmups ....

I see Chad Johnson being interviewed by the Fox Fantasy Football blonde Jennifer Aniston wannabe ....

I freaking DON'T SEE Chad Johnson catching footballs DURING an NFL GAME!! :thumbsdown:

:"Where you at 85?":

T.J. Housh, what hands he has. He catches everything. I've had Chad for two straight years and was always pissed with the amount of balls Housh got. Now i have housh as my 2nd receiver and i love it.

I freaking DON'T SEE Chad Johnson catching footballs DURING an NFL GAME!! :mad:

:"Where you at 85?":

I totally agree with this one. While I am still on the bus with most everyone else that CJ's humor is good-natured, I do think that this season he has done more for talking smack than playing the game. That parade before the Steelers game was just childish. He needs to go out and make some big plays, put the naysayers to bed, THEN do a little dance.

:banana:

I don't know about the triple coverage, that's a little overboard in the excuse making. I am not seeing a ton of double teaming either.

The guy has had three games with rec yards of 11, 48, and 66 with no TD's. This is just not acceptable, not in FF or in the NFL for his team. I am tired of hearing him call out the DB's every damn week, maybe he should put his focus elsewhere.

My take on Chad is that he was having a good season til week two when he got jacked up and then bruised his shoulder in that diving TD catch.

He is not %100 and is being a team player by schmacking it up and taunting the opposing teams, thus opening it up for the WRs(see Decoy).

Worked vs. Pitt, didn't vs. the Pats.

I believe that the pedulam will swing the other way and he will be in for some very big games(hope so I'm 1-3 in the league I drafted him).

Chad will heal up and Carson will bounce back.

New England is the best coached team by a wide margin and had the perfect gameplan, Belichek is not one to be fooled.

Cincy is going to put up a ton of points after their bye, and both Johnsons will be a big part of it.

BTW, I think Henry will be out of the mix, noone can continue to have the kind of off the field problems he's had and stay in the league(New commish can't like all the negative pub), inactive this week, released very soon, arrested with a bottle of jack, some automatic weapons, a K of blow shortly thereafter.

The only thing I can think of is that big hit has him doing alligator arms or hearing footsteps.

He has been too good for too long to fall off the earth like this all of a sudden. He's way too young to be on a decline.

I will stay with #85 until I die or I get a trade offer I consider to be commensurate with his value as a WR1.

Well, I own both Carson and Chad, so it's been a miserable month despite somehow having a 4-0 record (basically played the 4 worst teams in our league). It could be 4-9 if these two don't get it together. My take on it is:

1. Palmer still looks worried about his leg. He is throwing the ball much quicker, and not giving his WRs time to get downfield. Yes, they've had big plays, but it's often RAC yardage or quick drop jump ball type patterns. Henry and TJ are better suited for those roles.

2. Johnson is probably still in a daze from the hit he took and his shoulder. He looks slow off the ball and he isn't being targeted much.

My expectation is that both of these go away with time. Which means in the next 3 weeks they'll get it back together and put up some good numbers.

More worrisome is that Palmer has latched on to his other targets during this time. By the time FF playoffs come around, Johnson may be no more than an equal cog in the passing machine wheel. There's a chance they will go into a game with him as a #2 or even #3 option for many plays.

That being said, neither one of them are up for sale. I'll stick with them and hope for the best.

no one can beat double or trip cover... not even chad johnson

Do you really believe he is being triple covered? Where are you getting this from?

I also think that the hit Chad took had more effect on him and his psyche than he's letting on. When you get rocked like that, it's natural to flinch a bit instinctively when you expect another one coming. That said, I think that the week off is coming at a good time for Chad and the Tigers. I expect them to perform well the rest of the season, and think that CJ will be a big part of it. Don't sell him now, you won't get nearly what he's worth...

Prior to this past week, I was concerned with CJ, not so much because of the his or the injury, but certainly because of the pigskin distribution. Carson's four TD week with none to CJ really was an eye opener. My conclusion was that Chad is still going to be have a few blow-up games, but the average output will be more along the lines of 7 catches for 80 yards and a TD sprinkled in every now and then. Just too many dependable options in this offense to risk forcing the ball into double coverage all the time.

As far as his value, his name still carries weight. I traded him prior to last week with Lee Evans for Thomas Jones and T.O.

CJ is currently my 5th best WR, behind Andre Johnson, Colston, Muhsin and Fitz. At some point I have to decide whether or not I'm going to continue starting him. As soon as I bench him, he's going to blow up (just like all my other receivers that stay on the bench have done every week while I wait for CJ to earn his rd 2 spot).

Thankfully I have few options this week, but I'm not sure what I'll do once byes are over.

1. Palmer still looks worried about his leg. He is throwing the ball much quicker, and not giving his WRs time to get downfield. Yes, they've had big plays, but it's often RAC yardage or quick drop jump ball type patterns. Henry and TJ are better suited for those roles.

IMO, he has been holding the ball too long. He has been sacked a ton, and he already has more fumbles than all of last year. I am also a CJ owner (and Chambers, don't even get me started on that), and I'm not too worried yet. I no longer expect him to match last year though, the Bengals schedule is brutal all year.

Just to muddy the water a little... Chris Perry is back in 2 weeks. He had 50 catches last year.

When Palmer drops back, it's like his feet are encased in cement. His blocking has been horrid, but he could help himself by moving just a little bit instead of waiting for the pocket to collapse on him.

Well, I own both Carson and Chad, so it's been a miserable month despite somehow having a 4-0 record (basically played the 4 worst teams in our league). It could be 4-9 if these two don't get it together. My take on it is:

2. Johnson is probably still in a daze from the hit he took and his shoulder. He looks slow off the ball and he isn't being targeted much.

My expectation is that both of these go away with time. Which means in the next 3 weeks they'll get it back together and put up some good numbers.

More worrisome is that Palmer has latched on to his other targets during this time. By the time FF playoffs come around, Johnson may be no more than an equal cog in the passing machine wheel. There's a chance they will go into a game with him as a #2 or even #3 option for many plays.

That being said, neither one of them are up for sale. I'll stick with them and hope for the best.

actually he was targeted 12 times this past week

no one can beat double or trip cover... not even chad johnson

Chuck Norris can. Chuck Norris can beat coverage by all the defensive starters AND their back-ups.

If you were to go back, who would u pick instead of C Johnson? a RB or another wr? or same pick? Calling all C Johnson owners.

If you were to go back, who would u pick instead of C Johnson? a RB or another wr? or same pick? Calling all C Johnson owners.

Picking at 2.8 I took CJ hoping Westbrook would slip to me. I had kept Moats and hoped the injury history would let Westy slip to me since I had Moats (For more on how that usually works out see the handcuff thread.) Needless to say I didn't get Westy (he went 3.03 so I took Wayne at 3.05) so I was kicking myself after the draft for not going with Westy (especially since it's a PPR league.) However, could be that it worked out for the better since Westy is gimpy and Moats is #3 (and no longer on my team.)

ETA: seeing DAT's post I realized I opted for CJ over Holt also but did so b/c I took SJax in the 1st round. So, i guess ultimately as it stands right now i don't feel I would do anything differently but who knows how I will feel at the end of the year.

I drafted Chad over the more reliable Holt. Big mistake on my part seeing how it was uncertain how Palmer would play on that messed up leg.

The media hype is getting to this man as Holt silently is going for a seventh consecutive 1300yrds+ season.

This week I traded Chad 4 Bulger and Bruce only because i wanted to get ready for week 15 which is the first playoff game for most of us. STL plays OAK that week so I'm gonna get paid.

I drafted Chad over the more reliable Holt. Big mistake on my part seeing how it was uncertain how Palmer would play on that messed up leg.

The media hype is getting to this man as Holt silently is going for a seventh consecutive 1300yrds+ season.

This week I traded Chad 4 Bulger and Bruce only because i wanted to get ready for week 15 which is the first playoff game for most of us. STL plays OAK that week so I'm gonna get paid.

great point, Bruce is avail on ww. Might have to grab him vs Berrian.