Sign in to follow this  
BoltFan

Ronnie Brown at the Pats or Chester home verse the Lions? Help!

I'm having a hard time putting Ronnie on my bench. Please help.

Detroit is tough against the run, but because of their weak pass D.......they give up lots of yards & points. All it takes is a few trips inside the 5 yard line to get Chester Taylor a few shots at the endzone.

As for Ronnie Brown....."ALWAYS PLAY YOUR STUDS"........but, the Pats have looked pretty good against the run and could jump out on Miami forcing the Dolphins to pass more & run less (yes.....Brown will catch some balls, but......so will Chester).

Brown is the better RB, but I just see the Vikes getting into the redzone more often than the Dolphins this week.

Opinions??

I'm having a hard time putting Ronnie on my bench. Please help.

Detroit is tough against the run, but because of their weak pass D.......they give up lots of yards & points. All it takes is a few trips inside the 5 yard line to get Chester Taylor a few shots at the endzone.

As for Ronnie Brown....."ALWAYS PLAY YOUR STUDS"........but, the Pats have looked pretty good against the run and could jump out on Miami forcing the Dolphins to pass more & run less (yes.....Brown will catch some balls, but......so will Chester).

Brown is the better RB, but I just see the Vikes getting into the redzone more often than the Dolphins this week.

Opinions??

Well Detroit and New England are virtual equals in run def. And as you note, Det pass def is putrid (although NWE isn't one of the best either). I think you go with Taylor to get more opportunities because there will be more offense in general probably.

please:

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...howtopic=241464

I agree with the masses on this. All it takes is one blown coverage assignment by my loveable Lions to get Chester a crack at the endzone. I also see Chester getting numerous dump off passes.

Please see mine as I am trying to decide on Chester as well as a few others.