Sign in to follow this  
Act

Stallworth doubtful

So glad I claimed Hank Baskett to help with my BYE week/injured Fitz problems. He & Hakim should be nice fill-ins for the week?

I think?

Could definitely be worse. I'm hoping to pick up one of those guys this week with Roy out. All my other receivers are on a bye. :wub:

EDIT: Make that Roy "possibly" out...

Could definitely be worse. I'm hoping to pick up one of those guys this week with Roy out. All my other receivers are on a bye. :doh:

Good luck...that's exactly my problem. These week 6-7 BYEs suck arse. :wub:

with all the doubtful talk... the only sure thing, this week, is that my wideouts'll be real turd burglars. well, off to scan the wire for the sister's of the poor...

So glad I claimed Hank Baskett to help with my BYE week/injured Fitz problems. He & Hakim should be nice fill-ins for the week?

I think?

Hey Scooter,

I guess great minds think alike. I picked up Baskett as well while Fitz recovers. :first:

Ok, so us Stallworth owners will take another hit. Look at the upside when he returns vs dumping or trading him now. Best QB in the nfl is throwing to him, that alone should keep him on any roster period. I hate this too, dont get me wrong. I could have gotten a serious wr for Stallworth after the first two weeks when he was the best wr in the nfl.

Ok, so us Stallworth owners will take another hit. Look at the upside when he returns vs dumping or trading him now. Best QB in the nfl is throwing to him, that alone should keep him on any roster period. I hate this too, dont get me wrong. I could have gotten a serious wr for Stallworth after the first two weeks when he was the best wr in the nfl.

Couldn't disagree with you more because of 3 reasons .....

1) INJURY: We are talking about the Grant Hill of wide receivers when it comes to injuries ... this dude was broken down more often than not during his tenure with the Saints.

2) COACH: The Eagles Andy Reid who will sit anyone at anytime even if their NOT listed on the injury report.

3) RECORD: The Eagles are taking charge of their division and their schedule is not very difficult ... if they have it wrapped up why in the world would Andy Reid chance further injury??

He's gone and I'm moving on ... I will let another in my league bite their nails before game time and then throw a hammer in the TV when they see DStallworth not even suited up.

Couldn't disagree with you more because of 3 reasons .....

1) INJURY: We are talking about the Grant Hill of wide receivers when it comes to injuries ... this dude was broken down more often than not during his tenure with the Saints.

2) COACH: The Eagles Andy Reid who will sit anyone at anytime even if their NOT listed on the injury report.

3) RECORD: The Eagles are taking charge of their division and their schedule is not very difficult ... if they have it wrapped up why in the world would Andy Reid chance further injury??

He's gone and I'm moving on ... I will let another in my league bite their nails before game time and then throw a hammer in the TV when they see DStallworth not even suited up.

Very valid points. After all Donne mac and the boys havent felt any discomfort without Stallworth and are pretty much just as good. Now why wouldnt Stallworth want to make sure that isnt the case, and that he is a vital part of that offense. Hmmm something to think about?

If it was TO we were talking about then I would say "YES" but DStallworth is a standup guy and doesn't need to prove anything. Everyone knows it's McNabbs team.

I'm telling you .... I do not trust Andy Reid when it comes to record and injuries ... dude has burned me way too many times (ie: BWestbrook 2 years ago).

If you could trade him (maybe throw in the weak schedule as an argument) then I heavily suggest doing it NOW!!

He did not get asked to leave New Orleans for being a good guy.

I feel sorry for Grant Hill getting compared to this bum. At least Grant had some serious injuries.

Donte Stallworthless doesn't know what an injury is. I assure you that 90% of the players in the league suit up every week with type of strains and pulls that this guy sits out with. This is just his MO. This guy is a complaint and an injury waiting to happen. I like that he is on a team with a great QB because at least Donny can control this wus.

He did not get asked to leave New Orleans for being a good guy.

I feel sorry for Grant Hill getting compared to this bum. At least Grant had some serious injuries.

Donte Stallworthless doesn't know what an injury is. I assure you that 90% of the players in the league suit up every week with type of strains and pulls that this guy sits out with. This is just his MO. This guy is a complaint and an injury waiting to happen. I like that he is on a team with a great QB because at least Donny can control this wus.

Except for Steve Smith also missing 2 games with the exact same injury, and Larry Fitz about to miss 2-5, etc.

Why so much hate for the guy? He is dying to play against his old team this week, he wouldn't miss the game with a minor injury. If you have ever had a serious hamstring problem you would know they don't just go away, and when your job is sprinting the hammy tends to come into play just a little. :cheers:

The guy was outstanding in both games he played, and he's money when he returns. You just need to plan on him missing a few games with his chronic hammy.

Perhaps Reid is simply being overly cautious with Donte so that when he does return he's 100%. The Philadelphia coaching staff is very good, and I'm sure they're really working the hammy in therapy like the Saints never did. I don't think this is as much about Donte being weak as the Eagles making sure he's strong when he returns.

Except for Steve Smith also missing 2 games with the exact same injury, and Larry Fitz about to miss 2-5, etc.

Why so much hate for the guy? He is dying to play against his old team this week, he wouldn't miss the game with a minor injury. If you have ever had a serious hamstring problem you would know they don't just go away, and when your job is sprinting the hammy tends to come into play just a little. :cheers:

The guy was outstanding in both games he played, and he's money when he returns. You just need to plan on him missing a few games with his chronic hammy.

:(

I'm not sure about the "dying to play against his old team" story .... DStallworth is from my hometown (SacTown) and has a lot of family here and in the Bay Area. When he visited SF he was on our local radio a few times and sounded fine and bought a full section of tickets for family/friends for the game. He sounded like he was "dying to play in front of his home crowd" but the next thing you know he doesn't suit up an hour before game time.

My hate is not only for this guy but also for Andy Reid ... I'm telling you the combination is disastrous come time to submit your lineup each week. McNabb will continue to throw the ball around (or better yet run the ball in himself) so even if DStall does play it's not a guarantee.

Perhaps Reid is simply being overly cautious with Donte so that when he does return he's 100%. The Philadelphia coaching staff is very good, and I'm sure they're really working the hammy in therapy like the Saints never did. I don't think this is as much about Donte being weak as the Eagles making sure he's strong when he returns.

Exactly, why rush him when they have a solid lead in the division and are off to a great start? They need to keep him and Westbrook healthy and will be cautious. Reid isn't stupid, he knows he has guys who can fill in that the team can still win with.

:mad:

I'm not sure about the "dying to play against his old team" story .... DStallworth is from my hometown (SacTown) and has a lot of family here and in the Bay Area. When he visited SF he was on our local radio a few times and sounded fine and bought a full section of tickets for family/friends for the game. He sounded like he was "dying to play in front of his home crowd" but the next thing you know he doesn't suit up an hour before game time.

My hate is not only for this guy but also for Andy Reid ... I'm telling you the combination is disastrous come time to submit your lineup each week. McNabb will continue to throw the ball around (or better yet run the ball in himself) so even if DStall does play it's not a guarantee.

Did you happen to catch the stats from the first 2 games he played? Who cares if he spreads the ball around if Stallworth is going to average over 100 yards and a TD per...the guy was instantly McNabb's favorite target.

Also, it isn't a nightmare each week for anybody with a brain. If there is any question, you sit him unless you have no other option (and if you don't, you can't blame your woes on Stallworth, you need to blame them on your poor roster management). If you think this is bad try being a Westbrook owner...a lot more people rely on that guy as one of their top 2 backs...now that is truly a nightmare. Stallworth was a steal where he was drafted in almost every league. When healthy he produces and has potential for a huge game. Just don't roll the dice when he's questionable on the injury report with a hammy problem.

You can hate on the guy all you want, but the Eagles (McNabb and Reid especially) have had nothing but praise for him since he came over. I remember the same haters saying he would take weeks to pick up the offense because he's stupid and came to the Eagles right before the season started...then look what he does in his first 2 games. You don't think he wants a chance to show NO they made a mistake? Reid probably won't let him go though no matter what...he will play it cautious with him and Westbrook unless it is a game with playoff implications.

Did you happen to catch the stats from the first 2 games he played? Who cares if he spreads the ball around if Stallworth is going to average over 100 yards and a TD per...the guy was instantly McNabb's favorite target.

Also, it isn't a nightmare each week for anybody with a brain. If there is any question, you sit him unless you have no other option (and if you don't, you can't blame your woes on Stallworth, you need to blame them on your poor roster management). If you think this is bad try being a Westbrook owner...a lot more people rely on that guy as one of their top 2 backs...now that is truly a nightmare. Stallworth was a steal where he was drafted in almost every league. When healthy he produces and has potential for a huge game. Just don't roll the dice when he's questionable on the injury report with a hammy problem.

You can hate on the guy all you want, but the Eagles (McNabb and Reid especially) have had nothing but praise for him since he came over. I remember the same haters saying he would take weeks to pick up the offense because he's stupid and came to the Eagles right before the season started...then look what he does in his first 2 games. You don't think he wants a chance to show NO they made a mistake? Reid probably won't let him go though no matter what...he will play it cautious with him and Westbrook unless it is a game with playoff implications.

Agreed, when HEALTHY ... only problem is I see him being Q or D for the rest of the year ... and even if he is Probable (as in SF game) he didn't even suit up for the afternoon game (we have to submit team before morning games). And it's EXACTLY like being a Westbrook owner (I have been past 2 years and I know what that feels like).

Who's more valuable, Stallworth or Bryant?

Not sure which Bryant you are talking about (first name or last name) but it doesn't matter because both Bryants are playing whereas DStallworth will SAY he's playing and be sitting on the sidelines in a jumpsuit.

Answer your question??