Sign in to follow this  
Feedback

Eric Parker or Doug Gabriel

The talk was Gabriel was going to be Brady's go to guy but then lays a egg with only 7 yards receiving. But then again with Brady is there really ever a go to guy.

Then we have Eric Parker who had a really nice game against Pittsburgh. Is it just a fluke game or is it a sign of things to come with Rivers getting better each week. So who ends up with the bigger year????

1) there is never a "go-to guy" in New England. Some have come close to earning that title, guys like Deion Branch and Troy Brown (in his prime), but the consistency was never there even when they were the most productice wide receiver(s).

2) Gabriel clearly isn't even on their level. Tom Brady has no chemistry with him, and more than ever this is an offense to be avoided if you're looking for wide receivers. It's become a run-heavy, TE-oriented offense...very plodding and very ugly. Lastly, the Patriots just signed Jabbar Gaffney and that just adds yet another WR involved in the mix.

1) there is never a "go-to guy" in New England. Some have come close to earning that title, guys like Deion Branch and Troy Brown (in his prime), but the consistency was never there even when they were the most productice wide receiver(s).

2) Gabriel clearly isn't even on their level. Tom Brady has no chemistry with him, and more than ever this is an offense to be avoided if you're looking for wide receivers. It's become a run-heavy, TE-oriented offense...very plodding and very ugly. Lastly, the Patriots just signed Jabbar Gaffney and that just adds yet another WR involved in the mix.

In the two weeks before last week Brady and Gabriel hooked up for 122 yards and 2 TDs. I would say that's pretty good chemistry. If you're going to base everything on one crappy week, I guess Chad Johnson is available in your league? That's my biggest problem with this site, the whole world revolves around one week.

I've noticed Rivers likes throwing to Eric Parker. He doesn't throw that much to Gates or McCardell like Brees did, but to Parker and the tailbacks (whether it be LT2, Turner, or even Neal), but he's only best used as a 3rd WR in a line-up. Probably give you only 3-8 pts a week, and he hasn't scored a TD.

Gabriel could be good, but the whole passing game with NE is just messy that I wouldn't touch it.

I've noticed Rivers likes throwing to Eric Parker. He doesn't throw that much to Gates or McCardell like Brees did, but to Parker and the tailbacks (whether it be LT2, Turner, or even Neal), but he's only best used as a 3rd WR in a line-up. Probably give you only 3-8 pts a week, and he hasn't scored a TD.

Gabriel could be good, but the whole passing game with NE is just messy that I wouldn't touch it.

The Pats are trying to establish a stronger running game with Maroney and Dillon. Its been fairly successful so far. The passing game has taken a bit of a back seat. However, the running game is opening up big holes downfield for bigtime gains. Those are going to be split between Brown and Gabriel. Gabriel has shown some good stuff and Brady has been working up a good synergy with him. Don't expect him to get all the looks though. Gabriel is a good third WR who could get a TD every other game or so.