Sign in to follow this  
skinsfan81

Trade help

In a ppr league with all tds worth six. I have Grossman and Pennnigton as my QBs and my wrs are Reggie Brown, Holt, Harrison, and Coles.

I've been offered Hassleback and Horn for Grossman, Coles, and LJ Smith. I have Gates so Smith is just rotting on my bench. After Monday night's game I'm afraid to make my playoff run with Grossman. I also have a potential problem week 9 as all the Jets and Eaggles are on bye So I'd have no 3rd wr that week.

In a ppr league with all tds worth six. I have Grossman and Pennnigton as my QBs and my wrs are Reggie Brown, Holt, Harrison, and Coles.

I've been offered Hassleback and Horn for Grossman, Coles, and LJ Smith. I have Gates so Smith is just rotting on my bench. After Monday night's game I'm afraid to make my playoff run with Grossman. I also have a potential problem week 9 as all the Jets and Eaggles are on bye So I'd have no 3rd wr that week.

I think I take the trade for two reasons...I agree with your assessment of Grossman..plus you have Pennington AND I think Hasselbeck will turn it up a notch later in the year....the schedule favors it. I also think it alleviates your problem in week 9....I think I see better upside getting Hasselbeck versus losing Coles.....

I agree...when Alexander returns, it will open up Matt's passing game again--and we know what kind of options he has when his receivers are healthy. As long as you have Gates, Smith is a non-factor, so you can deal him with no worries. I say go for it.

I think the person who is trading with you is trying to buy low on the Bears QB. Sure, he had a bad game in six (in fact horrible) but he's being opportunistic on that. You don't need LJ Smith, sure, but are you willing to trade him away? I think you need to consider what your opponent is receiving. Will you be playing him again. You are giving him good people in my opinion. None of those people are slouches. Its not a no-brainer. How strong are your other positions? Well, I could go on with personal opinions, but seriously think about how much you may potentially be helping the other team. All the people you are trading would be starters for many people.

Just a caution.

See mine: http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...howtopic=246013

There are a couple of variables in the trade decision. Whats your record, what's his? Are either/both of you playoff contenders? is he in your division?

The trade does look good for you. You get an upgrade at QB for sure. But you are losing out on WR and TE depth in my opinion

I would do it. You downgrade at Horn, but you have 3 great WRs w/o Coles so that's fine. You get a solid upgrade at Qb which it looks like could really help. I think in terms of absolute value he's got the edge, but you're team doesn't need LJ Smith/Coles as much. This trade appears mutually beneficial.

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...howtopic=246020

We're both in the same divivision and we have the same record. The other option is just dealing Coles for Hassleback but that option would not help my week 9 bye dilema.