Sign in to follow this  
omarkal

Getting really ticked off with Dungy......

My primary RB's are LJ and Dunn, and my backups are Addai and B Jacobs. I just cant seem to understand WHY dungy doesnt pick Addai to start?? I know know, this is an on going question every week, but Jesus, what more does this guy has to do. I need him to start before the trading deadline(nov 14th in our league), so i can trade Dunn and pick up a stud WR. I already have a backup in B Jacobs to start incase there is an injury to my primary backs. My biggest weakness is WR's, got Stallworth, T Glenn, Reggie W, and Bryant Johnson.

Dungy, is one of those coaches, that didnt believe in RBBC when Edge was there and now all of a sudden he is changing his direction. Yeah, sure they are undefeated, and one would think why change something that is working. But werent they undefeated with Edge playing, heck almost broke the Dolphins record. :D

Three points:

1. Addai is not Edge. Maybe someday - but not now.

2. Even if Addai starts - Rhodes will still get his carries.

3. If Rhodes continues to start - Addai will still get his carries.

In short - if you are desperate for an WR - trade Dunn because Addai will get his chances regardless.

Three points:

1. Addai is not Edge. Maybe someday - but not now.

2. Even if Addai starts - Rhodes will still get his carries.

3. If Rhodes continues to start - Addai will still get his carries.

In short - if you are desperate for an WR - trade Dunn because Addai will get his chances regardless.

Appreciate your response. Its major RBBC in Indy right now, vs very slight RBBC in Atlanta. Dunn is also putting up numbers, so the situation in Indy remains the same, i would be trading Addai and not Dunn. But can u imagine how much his value will sky rocket if they name him a starter?? i could probably get a S Smith or Torry Holt(will give another 2nd tier wr, like T glenn).

Maybe next time I spend all preseason telling people it's going to RBBC in Indy, people will listen. :thumbsup:

Appreciate your response. Its major RBBC in Indy right now, vs very slight RBBC in Atlanta. Dunn is also putting up numbers, so the situation in Indy remains the same, i would be trading Addai and not Dunn. But can u imagine how much his value will sky rocket if they name him a starter?? i could probably get a S Smith or Torry Holt(will give another 2nd tier wr, like T glenn).

I don't think you'll get Holt for Addai and a 2nd tier WR for the above mentioned reason (Rhodes will still get his) and this:

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...howtopic=248287

You might find out if Addai will be the featured back over Rhodes (or vise-versa) after the game at Denver. If Indy loses their first game of the season, Dungy might just look at changing things up with the running game. If Indy wins at Denver, then he doesn't really have a reason to change things up.

No reason to throw a fit. If you picked up Addai in the draft, NOW is the time most of us had him emerging as the starter. So far so good in my opinion. Tough game at Denver and then I think he's the man in Indy.

But can u imagine how much his value will sky rocket if they name him a starter?? i could probably get a S Smith or Torry Holt(will give another 2nd tier wr, like T glenn).

No chance in crap you'd get Holt or Smith for a starting Addai + WR2.

Saw a short interview with Dungy a couple weeks ago, during which time he indicated Rhodes and Addai would be splitting carries the rest of the year. I'm an Addai owner, and it didn't come as a surprise to me. Every week I read some expert saying Addai will take over soon--wonder during what week of the season I will see the experts giving up on such predtictions.

Maybe next time I spend all preseason telling people it's going to RBBC in Indy, people will listen. :banana:

Just goes to show ya when nobody talks, nobody listens.

:angry: I'll be here all night. Try the veal. :dunno:

Why should Rhodes continue to "get his carries"? He sucks. Watching him and Addai run is like night and day. I understand RBBC situations in places like Dallas or Chicago, where the backs are roughly comparable, but when a rookie with 7 weeks under his belt is clearly outshining a multi year vet, why?

Furthermore, why does it seem that Rhodes is always in in the Red Zone? He can't block, he can't catch, and he can't run as well as Addai.

I really just don't get it. Maybe the above post is right. Dungy needs to get burned and lose a game, then maybe he'll wise up.

Why should Rhodes continue to "get his carries"?

Because the Colts are undefeated with Rhodes starting. They're not obligated to change their rotation just because it would help a few fantasy football losers.

Why should Rhodes continue to "get his carries"?

Rhodes will continue to get carries simply because the colts want to make sure Addai is fresh and healthy when the playoffs start. Being a rookie he is not used to playing 16+ games in a season and actually never even carried the entire load for a full college season. IMO, the colts will remain RBBC throughtout the season, but Addai will begin to carry more of the load. He will be the starter, although still splitting some carries, by the last 1/4 of the regular season.

You are correct that Rhodes sucks - Addai is simply better at every single aspect of the game.

Addai will be the starter after the bye week.

Ummm which bye week would that be?? The one they already had

Following was posted on this website under "dave's take". Interesting...

"Keeping with that theme, have a look around and see if Colts running back Joseph Addai might be available for trade. It can't be said the 2006 1st round pick has truly struggled this season, although he did endure a rough start to the season, and the real reason for his mediocre production results from Addai splitting carries with Dominic Rhodes. However, Addai owners may be getting fed up with the situation. Nonetheless, look for Addai to take on a bigger role starting this Sunday against the Broncos. Not only is Addai averaging 1.8 more yards per rush than Rhodes and 1.4 yards more per reception, it's becoming clear that Addai warrants more attention from opposing defenses than Rhodes. Rhodes lacks Addai's ability to get outside the tackles and execute the team's stretch play effectively and defenses can play their safeties deep when Rhodes is in the game due to his lack of game breaking speed, which takes something away from the Colts passing game. The Broncos defense has been excellent this season so it's foolish to predict a breakout game but certainly it's time for Addai to assume a larger role in Indianapolis."

Dungy was a failure at TB and he will fail with the Colts. Nice guy, lousy coach. Any other coach would have picked a running back by now and stuck with him.. Christ, even Shanny made a decision..