Sign in to follow this  
jkg31885

RB in keeper league

Just wondering who everyone sees as a decent option for a few years to come. I have a decent core going into next year but I would like to make a move to acquire another young RB. Lend some thoughts please.

The only problem in this Dynasty league is the owner of Addai in this league is rebuilding and the team with Jacobs has barber. So basically he knows hes getting a starter for next year and losing Barbers cap.

I have E.manning

R.Bush

Jamal Lewis

J.Galloway

Braylon Edwards

another Wr

Jeff wilkins

Jets or Chiefs Def

I have 4 first round picks this year in the rookie draft. I was thinking of trading Lewis and a pick for a young solid wr or RB. Or I was looking to keep these picks and go for like calvin johnson and a few backs.

I have Lundy L.Washington C.Perry M.Turner incase any of them pan out.

so it is a dynasty league not a 1 or 2 player keeper. I would put Norwood, Maroney, Addai, MJD, Mike Turner and Jacobs at the top of the list. Some cheaper options might be Jerome Harrison, Musa Smith (you have Jamal anyway), Mewelde Moore, and Lendale White (might not be that cheap, but has less potential than the others imo).

I can't believe no one has mentioned Maurice Jones-Drew. I have heard that with Fred Taylor being a free agent that the Jaguars may not re-sign him.

I was looking at Jones Drew but im not sure what to give up for him. I was thinking of packaging Lewis and Galloway for jones Drew and a first rounder or even another young back.

What does everyone think of Chris Perry. Does anyone think there is a chance he could acquire a starting job in a year or two. He was a first round pick, the guy obviously has talent but not a chance since he is backing up Rudi.

I can't believe no one has mentioned Maurice Jones-Drew. I have heard that with Fred Taylor being a free agent that the Jaguars may not re-sign him.

He looks decent, but don't discount the possibility of Greg Jones returning next year and taking over a major role in the offense if Taylor is gone.

ACL injuries aren't as serious as they used to be and Jones had already been through it once. If Deuce can tear his ACL and return healthy before the next season, Jones has plenty of time to come back at pretty close to full strength in 2007. He was looking great before his injury.

He looks decent, but don't discount the possibility of Greg Jones returning next year and taking over a major role in the offense if Taylor is gone.

ACL injuries aren't as serious as they used to be and Jones had already been through it once. If Deuce can tear his ACL and return healthy before the next season, Jones has plenty of time to come back at pretty close to full strength in 2007. He was looking great before his injury.

the problem is he has now torn both knees up. I don't see Greg Jones being any more than a FB/short yardage guy...his mobility will be affected. I am sure Mo-Jones Drew will come at a hefty price. I wish I would have snatched him up with the 10th pick in my rookie draft instead of Santonio Holmes

I think I will be in decent position in a year or two. The way it is looking thus far I will have 2nd 3rd 5th and like 9th pick in the rookie draft. That means that i am guarenteed Calvin Johnson or Peterson. I may able to grab Michael Bush or Lynch. I am thinking Lynch is the better option. That would go well with Eli who I think has potential and the lineup to be a top 5 QB. Reggie BUsh who yes is hyped too much, but he does have skills but hasnt done anything at this level. Braylon Edwards who isnt in a good situation right now but has a chance to be a #1 receiver.

Those players to go along with guys who have a chance to find a starting job like Leon Washington Turner or Perry.

Will someone Chime in and let me know if im being too optimistic or there is a chance at the future. Its a 12 team league.

I think I will be in decent position in a year or two. The way it is looking thus far I will have 2nd 3rd 5th and like 9th pick in the rookie draft. That means that i am guarenteed Calvin Johnson or Peterson. I may able to grab Michael Bush or Lynch. I am thinking Lynch is the better option. That would go well with Eli who I think has potential and the lineup to be a top 5 QB. Reggie BUsh who yes is hyped too much, but he does have skills but hasnt done anything at this level. Braylon Edwards who isnt in a good situation right now but has a chance to be a #1 receiver.

Those players to go along with guys who have a chance to find a starting job like Leon Washington Turner or Perry.

Will someone Chime in and let me know if im being too optimistic or there is a chance at the future. Its a 12 team league.

you're much better off then my dynasty league where Stevan Jackson is basically my only RB. Along w/ Barlow. I drafted Greg Jones :rolleyes: and Foster who I traded away cause of Deangelo. I also have Rhodes but his value has limited. I'm sitting w/ 4 1st rounders as well, although I am not optimistic about any RB's in next years draft outside of Peterson.

I am thinkin that I can scoop calvin Johnson and maybe Peterson bc the guy with first pick may go with Quinn. I think Lynch may be a solid NFL RB. Who else is in your lineup??

You are going about rebuilding the right way imo. To many guys get stuck in mediocrity in dynasty leagues, at least you are loading up with young guys. I would definately try and move Lewis for a younger back/reciever this week, I don't see his stock much higher than the last two games. Derick Hagen and Mark Clayton are a couple recievers that could maybe be had cheap and pay off down the road. As you probably know, hold onto Turner he will be gold probably not next year but the year after.

The main ones have to be....

Maroney - very high

Addai - high

Jacobs

Jones Drew

Norwood

2ndly...

Musa Smith

Cedric Benson

Leon Washington - probably to high as hes the starter already

Lundy

Marion Barber

Just wondering how everyone else feels on this issue. Looking for a little more insight if possible.

Let me know how u feel about guys like Leon Washington and others. Whether they have a real shot or if they r going to be this years Samkon Gado.

My thoughts on the lower tier keeper backs.

Leon Washington is a nice ww pickup this year, but I would bet on the Jets looking to replace him in the next year or two. He is a decent running back, but hardly the C-Mart heir they probably want.

Benson obviously looked like he had talent in college, but if he hasn't taken a bigger role in the Chicago offense by the end of this season you have to start wondering why.

Lundy is a possibility, but the Texans offense is still a couple years away from being a good running team. Whether he is still the back when that happens is questionable. Kubiak comes from the Shanny school of "never decide on a starting running back unless he runs for 2000 yards."

Marion Barber is a good running back, but so is Julius Jones. Barring injury, the best he can hope for is splitting carries.

Frank Gore doest get love on this list?

Its his second year in the league and outplaying top 5 picks Ronnie Brown, Cadillac, and Benson.

How would rate Gore vs Addai as keepers?

Frank Gore doest get love on this list?

Its his second year in the league and outplaying top 5 picks Ronnie Brown, Cadillac, and Benson.

How would rate Gore vs Addai as keepers?

Addai

Maroney

Gore

Benson

MoJoDe

Norwood

Jacobs

Lundy

Washington