Sign in to follow this  
gobuckeyes

Willie Parker's playoff schedule

Weeks 14 and 16 are @CAR and vBAL, both very poor matchups for a fantasy running back. He is coming off a 20+ point effort against a good defense, so it's possible he could play well against both teams, but this is the NFL and I don't know how much I should read into that. Right now I feel as though he could be traded for a Rb like Frank Gore or Chester Taylor (both with favorable playoff schedules) and possibly another playoff contributor. What are your plans for him and if you plan to trade him, what do you expect to get.

I'm thinking about offering him. Chester is a good target because of his cake sched in weeks 15 / 16 but you have to do it before the deadline so you better be damn sure you're going to make the playoffs even if you lose a few before you get there. I'd have to get a good WR to go along with Chester. the owner has Mush... not bad... still thinking about it...

The steelers will realize that to win they have to pound the ball. Forget this "don't hurt Ben's feelings and let's pass" crap.

Parker is a stud, not at LT2 or LJ level but with rushing and receiving and TDs...he's someone to hold onto.

Look what Ronnie Brown did against the Bears...I benched him and regret it. Matchups are overrated when the player has talent. They are all in the NFL and can break free any play.

My particular situation is that I traded for SA last week, and if he comes back and plays like SA, Parker is going to be riding my bench throughout the playoffs regardless. I could get a really good WR for Parker, but I'm not going to know anything about SA's status until after the trade deadline. If I think Parker's going to be mediocre during the playoffs, I can get a tier 3 Rb (or a buy low canidate like CTaylor or maybe Julius Jones) and a good WR and lessen the gamble I take with SA.

I stole Parker very late in an early draft (before the Steeler's RB situation had been settled), so he's really my third back behind Steven Jackson and Ronnie Brown. All three of them have performed relatively equally, and he has a vastly harder playoff schedule, so I'm thinking about moving him. I'm trying to unload him for Portis, who is doing nearly as well and has a relatively equal playoff schedule.

If I can't get Portis, I think I may try to trade him and Watson for Dunn and Heap. Parker/Dunn probably won't start for me ahead of Brown and SJax anyways by the playoffs, so I think I may just try to get the big upgrade at TE.

After the great first half of the year I am trying to dump off Parker because of his tough playoff schedule. He has shown he is very susceptible to a good defense and was shut down by Atlanta and Jax.

I offered Parker and Fred Taylor for Harrison and C Taylor and got shot down, but he countered with C Taylor and H Ward which I'm considering. I've also offered FWP for T Holt straight up and that owner is still considering.

My other rbs are Portis, Jones and M Bell and I'm weak at receiver

I wouldn't sweat the CAR matchup and given the intense rivalry between BAL and PIT, I can see FWP getting about 30 touches. With Verron Haynes out and Davenport the third down back (seriously??), Parker will be getting worked like a dog the rest of the year.

To answer your question, I tried offering him up last week for S Jax and was turned down. I would consider the Chester Taylor deal, but would look to get an additional player (top #2 WR, low #1 QB, etc) along with Chester to hedge your bet. FWP is a top 5 RB in my mind behind LT2 and LJ and right on par with Jackson and Taylor.

OR

Trade FWP for Addai and a top WR. Indy's schedule down the stretch is soft vs. RBs. I get a feeling that especially in Week 15 and 16 (CIN and HOU), Addai will get 20+ touches and be money for his owners.

This is a topic I'm really interested so I'm going to ressurect it. Obviously the Ravens shut Parker down and if you even get to week 16, you better find another RB.

Would you make the following trade? (non ppr)

I give up: Parker & Edwards

for Rudi Johnson & DJax

I need a WR bad!

Chester is a good target because of his cake sched in weeks 15 / 16 but you have to do it before the deadline so you better be damn sure you're going to make the playoffs even if you lose a few before you get there. I'd have to get a good WR to go along with Chester. the owner has Mush... not bad... still thinking about it...

You'll regret giving up Parker for Chester. Chester is worn down; and the Vikes look a little worse each week.

You'll regret giving up Parker for Chester. Chester is worn down; and the Vikes look a little worse each week.

chester looked pretty good last week.