Sign in to follow this  
yooper44

Mcgahee?

Ok. I have heard a couple different reports. Any idea when he's coming back??

Originally, they thought he broke one rib--turns out he broke three of them. Only reports I've heard is that he is OUT indefinetly, so I'd expect him to miss 2-4 weeks, maybe more. I'd say it's more likely he's OUT, or very limited, for at least 4 weeks.

I've never broken a rib myself, but from what I've heard it is a painful injury and there isn't much that can be done to relieve it. If he comes back within 4 weeks, I'd say it's doubtful he's handling 20 carries a game anytime soon.

I'm glad I picked up A-train in the 2 leagues I have McGayhee in. I think he'll be in the 3 to 4 week range due to the multiple high rib fractures ouch.

I've never broken a rib myself, but from what I've heard it is a painful injury and there isn't much that can be done to relieve it. If he comes back within 4 weeks, I'd say it's doubtful he's handling 20 carries a game anytime soon.

A broken rib is a BRUTAL injury. Constant and excruciating pain.

IMO... you can stick a fork in McGahee for this season. Speculations on his return should only be viewed for what they do to A-train's value. McGahee will not be a servicable starter 'til 2007.

He'll be back the same week as Shaun Alexander.....

<_<

A broken rib is a BRUTAL injury. Constant and excruciating pain.

IMO... you can stick a fork in McGahee for this season. Speculations on his return should only be viewed for what they do to A-train's value. McGahee will not be a servicable starter 'til 2007.

BUMP.

I'm a fellow McGahee owner and I agree he's donesies for the year. 4 Weeks till he can play again and if the team isn't in the playoff hunt whats the point of risking further injury? If he does come back for weeks 14-17, would you risk playing him in your fantasy league playoffs? I hope all Willis owners have a solid plan B (mine is Frank Gore)

Using the #1 waiver priority on A-Train was tough, because at the time nobody was sure if McGahee would even miss a game. A few days later and holy crap! Not 1, but 3 broken ribs? I didn't see the hit, but it must have been brutal.

The consensus of missed games now ranges from: 4 games to season ending. Sucks for McGahee owners - good news for A-Train owners.

What other running backs in recent memory have sustained rib injuries and been forced to play with a flak jacket?

What other running backs in recent memory have sustained rib injuries and been forced to play with a flak jacket?

With three broken ribs, McGahee needs a shark-cage.

I didn't see the hit, but it must have been brutal.

Didn't see it either - but read that one of his linemen fell on him. ;)