Jump to content


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won


GobbleDog last won the day on September 26 2016

GobbleDog had the most liked content!

Community Reputation

755 Excellent

About GobbleDog

  • Rank
    FF Geek
  • Birthday 06/21/2009

Contact Methods

  • Website URL
  • ICQ

Profile Information

  • Gender

Recent Profile Visitors

21,718 profile views
  1. GobbleDog

    Howard Stern = Jared from Subway?

    I'm temporarily lifting my self-imposed ban from this forum to say the guy in that video is a complete idiot. And I don't even like Stern. Stern thought the Olsens were hot as teenagers.?. Yeah, lots of people did including me and everyone on this forum. They were. What? If ya call teenagers "hot" before they're 18 that means you're a pedo??? Ridiculous. And they did morph into freaks. "If woke means I don't support Trump, or I support people's right to be trans, or support the vax... then call me woke." That's supposed to be outrageous? What??? "Stern said the Columbine killers should've raped their victims - worst thing I've ever heard anyone say ever!" Stern said the killers were losers who couldn't get a girl, so he joked it's surprising they didn't try to get some action before they killed them. A bad joke, but even the caller agreed. I didn't watch any more. That guy is an idiot. Clearly playing to his Trump loving audience.
  2. GobbleDog

    MNF Discussion: Eagles at Buccaneers - Wk3

    Got the farm on the Eagles! If I lose, I'll be sleeping in the chicken coop.
  3. GobbleDog

    What do we make of Derrick Henry moving forward?

    Year younger, 1,000+ yards less tread, and different o-line. But I agree he's gonna have some great games.
  4. GobbleDog

    Joe Burrow

    I don't know who that is, but it's the latest "report" I can find. No practice on Thur, and limited practice Fri/Sat. Sounds to me like he doesn't play since he clearly isn't healthy yet. We've seen what hobbled Burrow does... not much. Might as well go with a healthy backup. That's what they're for. We'll know by 6:45 pm.
  5. GobbleDog

    Etienne hurt?

    Every "expert" I respect said Lawrence would take a huge step forward this year. That clearly hasn't happened. At least, not yet.
  6. GobbleDog

    Mike Williams Out for the Year - Torn ACL

    That's my thinking. Palmer had numerous opportunities to prove himself last year between Allen and Williams injuries. He didn't step up. In his defense, the Chargers had a dink/dunk coordinator so maybe that played some part, but doesn't explain everything. I don't think Palmer will ever be an alpha Wr. Quentin on the other hand... might take a few more games for the rookie to adjust to the NFL, but by mid-season I think he'll be the one to own.
  7. GobbleDog

    Battle for the Basement

    If the Bears had any sense (debatable), they'd look at the Dolphins film and come to one conclusion ... RUN BABY RUN. Run Roschon, run Herbert, run Fields. Denver defense has taken a huge step backwards this year.
  8. GobbleDog

    Concussion Consmushion

    People keep saying this like there's a 50/50 chance of it happening. No doubt a bad concussion could knock him out for the season (or career). But if you had to guesstimate the odds of that happening... what would you say? I'd guess about 5% chance... so 95%+- chance he plays the whole year. Only 5 Qbs had concussions last year, two were backups. That's out of of 32 starting Qbs and numerous backups here and there, so it's fairly rare. Then there's the Dolphins and Tua being extra aware of him getting hit... probably quicker to throw it away than years past and not calling plays requiring him to stay in the pocket for more than 2 seconds.
  9. GobbleDog

    What do we make of Derrick Henry moving forward?

    Pro Football Focus ranks Titans o-line.... dead last. To make matters worse their starting left guard (a rookie) was out Week 3. Then of course there's the Browns defense which is disgustingly good - possibly the best in the NFL. And there's Ryan Tannehill who defenses don't seem to respect. The Browns probably had a game plan - stop Henry. It worked. Going forward the o-line still stinks and so does Tannehill. Years past Henry overcame the offense's deficiencies. Those days might be over for 29 yo Henry. But not every team has the Brown's defense, so he's bound to have some good games here and there just from the volume. But it's gonna be a long year behind that line.
  10. GobbleDog

    Dallas D/ST

    Thank you! To be fair, they didn't win the way I expected. The parts I got right was Dak ain't all that, Cowboy defense was slightly overrated, and Cards defense slightly underrated. But if I'd known Cards would only get 2 sacks and Dallas only 1 turnover... I wouldn't have bet it. Without more sacks and turnovers, they'd have to play a perfect game ... which they amazingly did. Still felt great cashing that ticket!
  11. GobbleDog

    Dallas D/ST

    +500 moneyline !!! I'm in the money, I'm in the money, ...
  12. GobbleDog

    Week 3 Injuries

    Happened near end of half with a 31 point lead. Against the BEARS. Why even keep Mahomes and Kelce out there at that point? Risk a potential Superbowl run to ensure winning a regular season game, that already has a 99% chance of winning.?.
  13. GobbleDog

    Holy hell. Personal foul?

    Happened in the Dolphins game as well. Looked clean to me, but penalty. Offensive player allowed to lower head and hit players wherever he wants, but defensive player not allowed if offensive player does it first. It's pretty obvious when it's merely incidental rather than intentional, but that's the rule I guess. Dumb.
  14. GobbleDog

    Etienne hurt?

    Didn't look bad. He walked off on his own. Broadcasters wondered if it was a leg cramp.
  15. GobbleDog

    Week 3 Injuries

    I never root for injury, but I picked up Quentin Johnston knowing Allen and Williams haven't stayed healthy in recent years. Seemed like only a matter of time til Quentin would benefit. Week 3 sounds about right.