Sign in to follow this  
brzrboy

***official basketball wagering thread***

Today's plays ( Today being 11/14/06) I'll add plays as I make them. But probably just a couple of parlays.

Parlay one: Richmond -220,Pacific +7, South Carolina -220, Air Force -385, Northern Iowa +9LOSS South Caroina is the only leg that lost. They didn't show up to play because UCIrvine still didn't seem that good IMO. SC had size and depth, but still was shooting bricks. NI was a push and I don't lose on pushes.( pays about 8.5 to one, so no need to bet real high here.) Why? Well, again, I'm kind of going off of last year's reps. East Carolina is or was a punching bag for everyone and Richmond has been to the big dance 2 years ago and is known for some defense. South Carolina plays the big boys tough and even wins once in awhile, so unless Cal Irvine is loaded this year, this should be another mismatch. Air Force seems to play up to expectations and have gotten to the big dance or close to it the past 2 years where as Long Beach State wasn't even on the radar. Another mismatch. So those 3 should win straight up IMHO. Then comes the 2 dogs I shot in there. Pacific is always on top of their division and making it to the big dance with an upset on occasion and New Mexico State has not been there that I know of, so why not grab 7 points and take the Tigers? Then the 5th leg is taking Northern Iowa who played a strong balanced offensive game in their last game. Northern Iowa is also a member of the big dance. So, I feel Washington is a bit overrated here, especially with no Brandon Roy or other recent big namers. That's why I took Northern Iowa +9. Anyways, it should be a low bet since this analysis is mostly based upon last year.

I'll edit if I come up with more....

Edited to add 6 team moneyline parlay: Pays 1.11 to 1

Marquette -710, Texas Tech -810, Gonzaga -1305, Tennessee -555, Winthrop - 485, Stanford -1305WIN[]

Overall College Football YTD: 219-188-4; +46.07 units

Subset: 2 unit plays or higher: 106-78; +61.62 units

CFL: 23-13; +20.95 units

NBA: 24-20-1; +4.25 units

NCAA baskets: 19-28-1; -13.4 units

NFL (Reset, last 4 weeks): 29-26-1; +1.15 units

Rough start to the college basketball season, but I'm not giving up yet. I tend to be streaky. For 1 unit unless indicated otherwise.

Tuesday

NBA

Miami (-5) LOSER

Charlotte (+7) LOSER

Portland (+8) LOSER

NCAA

Georgia (-8.5) LOSER

Mississippi (-14) for 2 units WINNER!!

New Orleans (Moneyline@+125) for 2 units LOSER!!

New Mexico (-9) WINNER

New Mexico St (-6) LOSER

UC Irvine (+5.5) WINNER

Long Beach St (+8) WINNER

Baylor (-2) WINNER

Marist (-5.5) WINNER

UNLV (-9) for 2 units LOSER!!

CS Sacramento St (+3.5) LOSER

Edit: added Charl, Port, Sac St, New Orleans. That should do it.

Overall College Football YTD: 219-188-4; +46.07 units

NBA: 24-20-1; +4.25 units

NCAA baskets: 19-28-1; -13.4 units

Rough start to the college basketball season, but I'm not giving up yet. I tend to be streaky. For 1 unit unless indicated otherwise.

NBA

Miami (-5)

NCAA

Georgia (-8.5)

Mississippi (-14) for 2 units

New Mexico (-9)

New Mexico St (-6)

UC Irvine (+5.5)

Long Beach St (+8)

Baylor (-2)

Marist (-5.5)

UNLV (-9) for 2 units

I've seen lots of people on Miami today

nba ytd 6-4

ncaa ytd 6-8

ncaa

N.Carolina -36 LOSER

Dartmouth +21.5 LOSER

Colorado +9.5 LOSER

Pacific +6 WINNER

Long Beach St. +8.5 WINNER

Stanford -13 WINNER

Stan/SJState over 131.5 LOSER

Rice/Gonzaga over 159.5 LOSER

SMU +12.5 WINNER

added Gonzaga/Rice 2H under 81.5 WINNER

nba

spurs/rockets under 177 WINNER

Spurs +1 WINNER

LAC -1 LOSER

Dallas -4.5 WINNER

Added Tor/GS 2H under 109.5 WINNER

REally disappointed in the Heels play. Granted it was the first game, but they have to improve on the defensive end. They failed to cover the 1H and the game.

:(

13-10-1 YTD

Not a lot of attractive lines early this morning. Still waiting for the Carolina line to come out. Looking at the Kentucky and Georgetown games right now and will probably take Gonzaga depending on the line.

what the? no line for Oral Roberts at Kansas tonight? Probably should be around the 40 range? So, KU loaded up the cupcakes to start the season, which is not usually the case. The first five opponents.....Northern Arizona, Oral Roberts, Towson St., Tenn. St., Ball St. :ninja: Then, they go to the other extreme, playing No. 1 Florida in a t'ment at Vegas. Should be a great game over T-giving weekend, looking forward to it.....

Going over the rest of KU's non-league schedue, not much competition there either. KU could easily start 14-1 or 13-2.

rock chalk!

Plays for 11/15/06:

4 team parlay Loser Rutgers -130, Vanderbilt +2.5, Nevada -255, Stanford -245.25 Unit Pays 6 times the wager. Why? Still going off of last years rep where Rutgers is fairly tough and Kansas State really isn't at that level. Georgetown lost all their starters basically and Vandy is trying to get back on the map where they usually are. Nevada's Nick Fazekas is playing in enemy territory, but he started so well this year, I think Nevada should take this one on the road. Stanford at home against a team that struggeled but won by one point over Long Beach state yesterday. Maybe I'm putting too much stock in Air Force's near loss yesterday, but Stanford should rebound from a terrible season last year.

6 team parlay Sacremento(NBA) -405, San Antonio (NBA) -1005, Kentucky -1005, Gonzaga -1255, Nevada -255, Stanford -200 .75 unit Pays slightly over 2 to 1. Why? I wanted to put a little more on Nevada and Stanford so I included them in this parlay. On a same sized parlay, I'd never put down the same teams. I think Nevada is a team to watch out for this year. Stanford is on the rebound from a bad year playing at home, San Antonio is very tough on their home court, Sacremento beat Memphis on almost all previous matchups and has home court which they are tough, Kentucky has big name program and can't afford early missteps like last year, Gonzaga is showing that Fews has a winning team even without the almighty Adam Morrison.

Edited to add:

Winthrop +11 1 unit WINNER

Winthrop +720 .25 unit LOSER, they aren't ready to play with big guns yet

Why? North Carolina didn't show must defense yesterday with the almighty Sacred Heart opponent and Winthrop isn't a pushover anymore. Winthop sees themselves as the "new Gonzaga" .

Good luck

Plays for 11/15/06:

4 team parlay (Rutgers -130, Vanderbilt +2.5, Nevada -255, Stanford -245[/b]).25 Unit Pays 6 times the wager. Why? Still going off of last years rep where Rutgers is fairly tough and Kansas State really isn't at that level. Georgetown lost all their starters basically and Vandy is trying to get back on the map where they usually are. Nevada's Nick Fazekas is playing in enemy territory, but he started so well this year, I think Nevada should take this one on the road. Stanford at home against a team that struggeled but won by one point over Long Beach state yesterday. Maybe I'm putting too much stock in Air Force's near loss yesterday, but Stanford should rebound from a terrible season last year.

6 team parlay ( Sacremento(NBA) -405, San Antonio (NBA) -1005, Kentucky -1005, Gonzaga -1255, Nevada -255, Stanford -200) .75 unit Pays slightly over 2 to 1. Why? I wanted to put a little more on Nevada and Stanford so I included them in this parlay. On a same sized parlay, I'd never put down the same teams. I think Nevada is a team to watch out for this year. Stanford is on the rebound from a bad year playing at home, San Antonio is very tough on their home court, Sacremento beat Memphis on almost all previous matchups and has home court which they are tough, Kentucky has big name program and can't afford early missteps like last year, Gonzaga is showing that Fews has a winning team even without the almighty Adam Morrison.

I am leaning very heavily on a single play. WINTROP + POINTS(1 unit probably) &WINTHROP ML (.25 unit probably) I didn't make the play yet because the line has moved in Winthrops favor. It started at 11.5 +100 to 11.5 +107......................................and the moneyline started at +660 to +720

Why? North Carolina didn't show must defense yesterday with the almighty Sacred Heart opponent and Winthrop isn't a pushover anymore. Winthop sees themselves as the "new Gonzaga" .

Good luck

I dont know much about Winthrop, but if they can play offense or consider themselves the new Gonzaga, doesnt that make the over an easy play at 151??? Im confused about that line.

Thanks!!

Good Luck!! :bandana:

I dont know much about Winthrop, but if they can play offense or consider themselves the new Gonzaga, doesnt that make the over an easy play at 151??? Im confused about that line.

Thanks!!

Good Luck!! :doublethumbsup:

Good point. I think Gregg Marshall, the coach of Winthop is referring to amount of success Gonzaga got as a mid-major not the offensive fireworks that Gonzaga has. Marshall talks to his team about aspiring to be the next Gonzaga. Zags set the standard for what a mid-major could achieve by annually playing and winning games in the tournament. Winthrop has gotten in the big dance several times now and almost took out the 2 seed last year, losing by 2. So, I think he's comparing his team to the success of Gonzaga , not the style of play.

The line is rising on Winthop . It's now 11.5 +109 . I'm curious to see what is offered at game time. If a person can get 10 times their wager for a straight up Winthrop win, it might be worth a small play on the moneyline too. Right now it's at +720

Overall College Football YTD: 220-188-4; +47.07 units

NBA: 24-23-1; +.95 units

NCAA baskets: 25-33-1; -12.8 units

All for 1 unit unless indicated otherwise.

Wednesday

NBA

Orlando (-5) for 2 units WINNER!!

Washington (-3) for 2 units LOSER!!

Indiana (-1.5) LOSER

Sacramento (-8.5) LOSER

NCAA

Michigan (-17.5) for 2 units LOSER!!

Kansas St (Moneyline@+110) WINNER

Sacred Heart (+5.5) WINNER

Baylor 1st H (+6.5) LOSER

Baylor (+12.5)

Long Beach St (-7) for 2 units WINNER!!

Stanford (-4.5) for 2 units LOSER!!

Stanford 1st H (-2.5) for 2 units LOSER!!

Illinois Chic (+5) for 2 units LOSER!!

Furman (+16) WINNER

Wyoming (-6.5) for 2 units LOSER!!

Wyoming 2nd H (-7) for 3 units WINNER!!!!

Arizona (-21) WINNER

Arizona 2nd H (-10)@-115 for 2 units WINNER!!

Stanford 2nd H (-7) for 3 units

Parlay Stanford 2nd H (-7) and Ohio U (-4.5) (Thur) 2 units to win 5.2 units

Parlay Stanford 2nd H (-7) and Pitt (+11) (Thur) 2 units to win 5.2 units.

Good luck to all.

Edit: Added Stanford 1st H, Wyoming 2nd H, Baylor 1st H, Arizona 2nd H

Guest Woody Hayes

I know one thing. I'm gonna listen to phillybear and bet the house on Hawaii's basketball team all winter.

I know one thing. I'm gonna listen to phillybear and bet the house on Hawaii's basketball team all winter.

You should have listened for college football. Hawaii is 7-1-1 ATS, and I bet on them every single game.

ncaa ytd 11-13

nba ytd 10-5

ncaa

BYU +12.5

Baylor/Gonzaga over 151

AirForce/Stanford under 121.5

N.Arizona +21

Georgetown pick WINNER

ADDED STAN 1H -2.5 LOSER

nba

Ind/Boston 1Q under 48.5 FOCKN LOSER 3 free throws with .7 seconds left in first Q to get to 49 :dunno:

Sac/Mem 1Q over 44 WINNER

Char/Spurs under 187 FOCKN PUSH

Memphis +8.5

Philly moneyline +155

ADDED SEA/PHIL 1Q OVER 51.5 LOSER

Adding Wyoming 2nd H (-7) for 3 units

Montana was on fire in the first half, up 8. They did the same in their last game, and fell apart in the second half. Taking Wyoming to win the game.

what the? no line for Oral Roberts at Kansas tonight? Probably should be around the 40 range? So, KU loaded up the cupcakes to start the season, which is not usually the case. The first five opponents.....Northern Arizona, Oral Roberts, Towson St., Tenn. St., Ball St. :blink: Then, they go to the other extreme, playing No. 1 Florida in a t'ment at Vegas. Should be a great game over T-giving weekend, looking forward to it.....

Going over the rest of KU's non-league schedue, not much competition there either. KU could easily start 14-1 or 13-2.

rock chalk!

Let me redefine the word "cupcake". It now means a team fully capable of beating you on your home floor. :banana:

Let me redefine the word "cupcake". It now means a team fully capable of beating you on your home floor. :banana:

Oral Roberts was sharp last year in the early games, and they had lines on their games too. I won some money off them. I would have taken Oral Roberts tonight, but I couldn't find a line. :blink:

I guess they will settle into obscurity again, into their conference, without lined games.

Montana was on fire in the first half, up 8. They did the same in their last game, and fell apart in the second half. Taking Wyoming to win the game.

Caught this comment too late or I would've taken Wyoming 2nd half as well.

Good Call on Winthrop GIA! I ended up with the over 70.5 in the 1st half...LOSER and NC in the 2nd. Chased it for a bigger amount for the 2nd so im up nicely for the evening. Waiting for teh 2nd half lines on the Zags and Bruins....

Good Luck!! :doublethumbsup:

Wyoming wins the second half by 13. Nice winner. Let's see how the rest of the night shapes up.

I'm going to pound Stanford in the 2nd Half. AF is shooting 81% while Stanford is shooting 38%. A 3 unit play.

Did I miss something. Baylor alley oop dunk, and ESPN didn't count it on the score board?

Air Force is putting a beat down on Stanford. This night just has bad beats written all over it. :(

I hear ya. I feel like a real sucker for betting Stanford. I probably should've done some research before betting them, because I don't see any of their big shooters from last year. Hernandez, Haryez, or any other familiar big names are not there. But, to wilt like this????

I hear ya. I feel like a real sucker for betting Stanford. I probably should've done some research before betting them, because I don't see any of their big shooters from last year. Hernandez, Haryez, or any other familiar big names are not there. But, to wilt like this????

Is this game actually at Stanford? Doesn't home floor mean anything anymore? Philly, I'm sure you know this, but Air Force runs the 8 passes before you shoot offense. They will run the clock in the second half, which makes it doubly difficult to make up a large margin and Stanford will start taking ill advised 3's.... but the line is only 7.5. Stanford could easily make up that margin.....but there is no way in hell they win this game.

Stanford down 24 at the half. Pounding Stanford 2nd H with Air Force shooting 83% and Stanford shooting 38%...

Stanford 2nd H (-7) for 3 units

Parlay Stanford 2nd H (-7) and Ohio U (-4.5) (Thur) 2 units to win 5.2 units

Parlay Stanford 2nd H (-7) and Pitt (+11) (Thur) 2 units to win 5.2 units.

If I am wrong, so be it. It will be a tough loss. I still love this bet.

Is this game actually at Stanford? Doesn't home floor mean anything anymore? Philly, I'm sure you know this, but Air Force runs the 8 passes before you shoot offense. They will run the clock in the second half, which makes it doubly difficult to make up a large margin and Stanford will start taking ill advised 3's.... but the line is only 7.5. Stanford could easily make up that margin.....but there is no way in hell they win this game.

Yeah, I know Air Force runs the Princeton offense. But this game sets up perfectly to a Game of the Year type of play for me. If I lose, I suck. But I am rolling the dice with some of my profits this year.

Believe me, if I lose this game, I will go into a drinking funk for a couple of weeks. :first:

I'll follow along, Stanford -7 2H 2units Is this game on tv? channel?

Yahoo sports college bb game channel. That's about it, unless I find something else.

Stanford come out...flat.

Excuse me while I strangle myself. :first: :first:

CBK SEASON--> 3-2

I got Georgetown PK Winner!!

and Gonzaga 1H -8 Tonight Winner!!

The Georgetown result surprised me some, but Green and Hibbard are still knockin' em down. They didn't lose as much as I thought.

Good picks

I am a superstitious man. If I come back to play baskets, I won't post them. Seems to be bad luck.

Good luck to you knuckle heads the rest of the way.

Man, what a crappy night. I won half my losses back playing some blackjack, it helps to ease the pain a little.

sorry philly. Hang in there, you are due for some fortunate breaks to go your way.....

I didn't get to post my play tonight as I was gone to the airport until just now. I took my only bet that I liked which was Georgetown, but I'm not counting it in my YTD totals for the board. That was the only game that looked appealing to me. I'm very disappointed in the first two Carolina games. They have came out flat and not defending the 3 at all. I'll probably lay off their games until they become more cohesive. There's no question once all the talent gets used to the college game they'll be a dangerous team.

Anyway, I'm looking at the early lines and will post something soon. I am real interested in the Texas and Maryland lines...

I didn't get to post my play tonight as I was gone to the airport until just now. I took my only bet that I liked which was Georgetown, but I'm not counting it in my YTD totals for the board. That was the only game that looked appealing to me. I'm very disappointed in the first two Carolina games. They have came out flat and not defending the 3 at all. I'll probably lay off their games until they become more cohesive. There's no question once all the talent gets used to the college game they'll be a dangerous team.

Anyway, I'm looking at the early lines and will post something soon. I am real interested in the Texas and Maryland lines...

I hear ya. I listened to UNC against Winthrop thinking UNC was overrated, but then I learned about Ellington and the poise he has for the game. They have got some talent there. I totally agree that if they can learn defense, there is no limit for them this year.

Tonight's games. Georgia Tech is just starting, but -23???? Ugh... I hate laying that kind of lumber. I can't do it. Texas is -4 right now. But we all remember that fateful day at New York's Madison Square Garden last year at this time when Duke blew out Texas. This Texas team has been stripped of all its key players from last year. I don't even see Gibson who was only a sophomore I think. Oh well, they are known to recruit well, and rumor has it, that they've recruited well this year. We'll see... Michigan State lost their big 3 from last year too, so who knows. I do recognize Drew Neitzel's name with Michigan State. So, I have to lay off here until one or both of these teams show something. I hate to make wagers on media hype only.

So that brings me to the Maryland game. Maryland -2 is the line. I see lots of names that have potential on that team. For starters, they have 4 guys scoring in double digits;Strawberry, Jones, Vasquez, and Gist. Ekene Ibekwe is 6-9 with 2 years experience. It seems like there is some depth as well with Osby, Brown, and Neal. I do realize this is more of a home game for the Red Storm, but the Terps have to bring back that toughness they had from a couple of years back. Caner Medley is gone, but they still look solid.

It's at Madison Square Garden, but these Terps should be able to win one there, I"d think. My bet tonight will be the Terps on the moneyline. why? I'd hate to lose my bet if the Terps win by one or push the bet if the Terps win by 2.

Terps to win GO TERPS!!!

Maryland -119 1 unit