Sign in to follow this  
FFCoolDude

AFC Power Rankings

1. Colts

2. San Diego, Denver, Baltimore(all tied)

5. New England

The Colts took a step back this week, and now I just can't decide between the three number 2's. I'll give the 5th spot to New England because there is really no one else to put there.

I think your list is spot on.. even all the #2's should be listed in that order...

1. colts

2. chargers

3. Broncos

4. ravens

5. patriots

yeah, I know the Broncos have 1 more loss than baltimore, but they beat them, and they are all around better than the ravens. I am seriously considering moving the cargers to #1. Sure they give up points, but damn is that offense scary!

1) Indy-Only one loss and wins against the Pats and Broncos.

2) SD-Now that Rivers is maturing they're very dangerous.

3) Denver-Offense is not up to par with the D.

4) Pats-Not sure they have the playmakers to win the AFC.

5) Ravens-I just don't see them going too far. Too one-dimensional although O is playing better.

ya know what, I think SD proved last year that even on the colts field they can beat them...

so I'm adjusting my rankings....

#1 san diego

#2 indy

#3 Denver

#4 pats

#5 ravens

And you are right boston... the ravens I think are fluky and wont go far in the playoffs. even with my utter disdane of the pats and brady (still think he's only average at best as a throwing qb) if it was pats -vs- ravens in the wildcard, regardless of where it was played, I'd be shocked if the pats lost... so I gotta put them above the ravens.

ya know what, I think SD proved last year that even on the colts field they can beat them...

so I'm adjusting my rankings....

#1 san diego

#2 indy

#3 Denver

#4 pats

#5 ravens

And you are right boston... the ravens I think are fluky and wont go far in the playoffs. even with my utter disdane of the pats and brady (still think he's only average at best as a throwing qb) if it was pats -vs- ravens in the wildcard, regardless of where it was played, I'd be shocked if the pats lost... so I gotta put them above the ravens.

I agree. SD scares the heck out of me and I think they handle Indy this year. As a Chi homer, I think we can beat the Colts and any team really, but SD scares the bejeebus out of me.

Overall:

1. SD

2. Chi

3. Indy

4. Denver

5. ravens

6. Pats

7. Dallas

8. Carolina

The rest

The 8 listed I think have a shot at the SB.

I agree. SD scares the heck out of me and I think they handle Indy this year. As a Chi homer, I think we can beat the Colts and any team really, but SD scares the bejeebus out of me.

Overall:

1. SD

2. Chi

3. Indy

4. Denver

5. ravens

6. Pats

7. Dallas

8. Carolina

The rest

The 8 listed I think have a shot at the SB.

agreed :argue:

I honestly think that if marty doesn't screw up the playoffs like he normally does, san diego has the best shot at being the champs!

chicago will make it there unless they have another catastrophic meltdown to carolina in the playoffs, so they are the NFC team to make it.

indy will have to play the chargers in the playoffs, so they'll once again fall short of the super bowl.

Denver if they play indy will lose, if they play anyone else they win, and win probably easily (exept san diego where it'll be a toss-up game) **if Cutler is starting say -vs- seattle and plays even decent, they are my favorite for the S.B. (think he has the arm to beat indy and san diego)

ravens will lose first round regardless of who they play

pats will probably play the ravens in the 1st round... so they win 1 and then lose to either indy/s.d./Denver in the 2nd.

dallas will win first round (unless they have a bye) and then drop the 2nd round.

carolina will be the one to thump dallas... and are the only team chicago might fall to.

The Chargers beating the Broncos at Invesco with an injury depleted defense is very promising. The fact they get Castillo and Merriman back in the next 2 games and the apparent death of Marty Ball makes them the team to beat right now. The only thing that scares me as a Charger fan is Marty coaching playoff games, however this is a great time for Charger fans.

Go Bolts!

:argue:

The Chargers beating the Broncos at Invesco with an injury depleted defense is very promising. The fact they get Castillo and Merriman back in the next 2 games and the apparent death of Marty Ball makes them the team to beat right now. The only thing that scares me as a Charger fan is Marty coaching playoff games, however this is a great time for Charger fans.

Go Bolts!

:cry:

That is the only thing besides possibly Jay Cutler being the Broncos starter and playing even halfway decent that will keep the chargers from WINNING the Super Bowl.

as a Broncos homer, I'm pissed off to even be thinking that!

Guest JahRasta311

Chargers

Ravens, Broncos, Colts, Patriots...they aren't even on the same level as the Bolts.

Bolts could beat anyone right now.

Well, the Ravens did beat them earlier, and I'd be reluctant to put too much confidence in a Marty Schottenheimer-coached team. But right now I have the Chargers at #2.

I like the Chargers and feel they are very legit contenders but let's remember two things:

1) Marty needs to prove he can get it done in the playoffs. The issue with Marty has never been the regular season. His record there speaks for itself. Yet, as far as the playoffs are concerned no matter who they play it's going to be two very difficult games which means Marty will either get a very large monkey off his back or will enhance his playoff legend.

2) While the comebacks the last two weeks are impressive if they come out of the gates like that in a playoff game they could be in big trouble.