Sign in to follow this  
Whitehall Mauler

Distance Scoring Question

Mike,

Great job with the modifications to the compiler and buddy! I like the additions and I can't wait to see any updates. I don't see how you can make it any better, but I am sure you will find a way. :shocking:

My question is can you change the Low and High Range Yards in the distance scoring tables? My league uses a different breakdown on yards then what you have listed.

Hi WM. Thanks! Unfortunately, you cannot change the distance ranges for TD, which is why they are not colored yellow unlike the points allowed and yards allowed scoring table options.

Well... (thinking...) at least is was not intended that people would change them. I guess you could take some steps to change them if you really want to. I'm curious, what is your scoring system for distance TD?

Mike,

Thanks for getting back to me. An example of our scoring system is

PaTD = 3 points for yards 1 - 10

+ 2 points for yards 11 - 25

+ 4 points for yards 26 - 40

+ 7 points for yards 41 +

:shocking:

How about we split the difference and input +3 for 10-19, 20-29 and 30-39 yardage ranges? :shocking:

If you really want to change it, then what you can do is alter the % on the TD Distance tab to better coincide with your scoring system ranges. Then change the scoring tab for the new ranges.

You don't even have to change the headings or the ranges shown on the scoring tab, although this would make it easier to keep track of. Just understand that QB range 10-19 yards matches up with the % under 10-19 heading on the TD Distance tab (QB classed as "Great" for passing TD = 19% scored from 10-19 yards).

Overall, I'm not sure the FF Pts are going to change much. They will change, but watch for it because the change will be subtle.

Mike,

Thanks for the info! I was thinking... am I misunderstanding the distance scoring tables? Are they for TD leagues only, or can they be used for point leagues?

:P

They can be used for any type of league.

The scoring for distance TD has 3 parts that work together:

1. you fill in distance scoring table on scoring tab; the distance ranges are pre-set

2. TD Distance tab is historical data indicating what % of total TD each of the player listed scored since 2000, plus I created the general categories Great, Good, Average, etc.

3. on the position tabs (QB, RB, WR, TE) if you scroll a bit to the right of the FF Today projections then you'll see headings for TD Distance - which ones (pass, rush, rec) will depend on the position

Now, for the Compiler to calculate the FF Pts (and this applies to all leagues) is takes a player's projected TD, looks up the % expected to be scored in each range based on the TD Distance rating they have (all are set to average as default) and multiplied by the FF Pts for the appropriate range from the scoring tab.

Clear as mud? :P

So what I'm saying is if you want to change the ranges to suit your league better, then change the % from part 2, above, and of course the scoring tab should be updated accordingly as well.