Sign in to follow this  
edog2434

Is this fair?

So the guy who just finished 5th in and out of the playoffs in our 12 team league just dropped almost all his players (that were not on the do not cut list). I think he was bitter, but now there is basically a redraft for his best players going into the playoffs based on waiver priority. Of course I have one of the lowest waiver priorities, but is this fair? I complained to the commit but he isn’t going to do anything.

So the guy who just finished 5th in and out of the playoffs in our 12 team league just dropped almost all his players (that were not on the do not cut list). I think he was bitter, but now there is basically a redraft for his best players going into the playoffs based on waiver priority. Of course I have one of the lowest waiver priorities, but is this fair? I complained to the commit but he isn’t going to do anything.

Do you really need us to answer this for you? :unsure:

Of course that's not fair. The commish most definitely should not allow this, and if he is going to let it happen, you need to pay him a visit... and don't forget to make sure his wife and kids are home.

In my league we have a clause that says managers who didnt make the playoffs can drop their whole teams if they want.....but if any team who MADE the playoffs picks any of them up.....they are disqualified from their playoff game....

and it just worked great......people dropped all their players its hilarious....but nothing has been done...

when theres money on the line you have to think of all circumstances and make rules since the beginning about it......

you'll learn my dear son....next year you'll have a rule like this....i can just see you now :unsure:

In my league we have a clause that says managers who didnt make the playoffs can drop their whole teams if they want.....but if any team who MADE the playoffs picks any of them up.....they are disqualified from their playoff game....

and it just worked great......people dropped all their players its hilarious....but nothing has been done...

when theres money on the line you have to think of all circumstances and make rules since the beginning about it......

you'll learn my dear son....next year you'll have a rule like this....i can just see you now :lol:

Hmmmm...

Not that I agree with dropping your players for any reason like that, but why would you even include that stipulation in there? What did those people gain from dropping all their players to the WW?

you'll learn my dear son....next year you'll have a rule like this....i can just see you now :lol:

I think you're right.

What an azz---Ask the commish to grab the players that he dumped, place them back on his team and lock his team for the rest of the year....It's what I did --I locked up the managers of teams that didn;t make it to the playoffs because of this.

It's not that difficult for your Commissioner not to be a douche.

Teams that don't make the playoffs or are subsequently eliminated in the playoffs are prohibited from making ANY roster adjustments. If they do, I just restore the players and lock them out of the league. It's not that hard.

This is important because we use Week 17 for preparation purposes next year and re-open the WW and FA periods for everyone the final week for a post-season game. A "Pro-Bowl" if you will.