Sign in to follow this  
dolphindan1

keeper league draft

An argument in our league has come up about draft order. Right now and ever since I have been in the league we have done a serpentine style draft. Now some of the owners are saying its unfair type draft and we should go to a normal NFL style draft. They are saying its unfair to the bad teams because they only get one early pick...where the superbowl champ gets back to back picks. I say it doesnt matter because we keep 5 and that is what makes our team anyway. and that everyone that has come into the league has had every chance to build there team throught the draft and trades and being smart in who you keep. I have been in the league 6 years now I guess and have yet to miss the playoffs...I took chances on rookies and they have panned out plus I made good trades to help my team....I also maintain that if you do your homework it doesnt matter how we draft. Every year we have the same 4 or 5 owners who dont do any homework and draft bad and finish near the bottom. so some of the owners are trying to make them competitive. I tell them it deosnt matter.... that we will be talking about it every year beecause they dont do there homework and they will still finish last and that we shouldnt change our rules just to make them competitive when they have had every oppurtunity like the rest of us to build there team. they will still finish last since they are not gonna do there homework or whatever. I have no issue with how we draft. I just dont think we should be changing rules just to try and help a couple owners who its not gonna help anyway.

So how do yall do your draft in a keeper league. The owners wanted me to ask the message boards for opinions. thanks