Sign in to follow this  
Recliner Pilot

TV advice

The little woman and I decided to buy a TV for Xmas. I have seen the Mitsu at Best Buy and the picture was focking awesome. I'm gonna look at the Samsung today as well as go by a local store that does custom installs to see what they have.

I want a big screen because it's going in a rather large living room and we are about to remodel to where the kitchen is open into this room as well. 1080i is a must. I have plenty of room so the extra depth of a DLP isn't a problem and you can get more TV for the money vs. plasma or lcd.

Any suggestions/advice would be appreciated.

61" Samsung DLP

http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Samsung-61-...roductDetail.do

65" Mitsubishi DLP

http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Mitsubishi-...roductDetail.do

sorry, I didn't see this in time.

All I can say is SAMSUNG >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Mitsubishi...

I will never own a Mitsu TV in my life.

After working at Soundtrack/Ultimate Electronics and seeing how many problems we had with the Mitsu's bulbs buring out, as well as the customers having the same issues, I vowed to never get a mitsubishi...

Get the Samsung, and you'll have years of worry free watching!

the salesman who tells you to get the mitsubishi only says it cause they get crazy good money for selling them (usually $100-200 spiffs)

Thanks Pete.

The online reviews I read had the Samsung rated higher. Plus, I only give up 4" but save over $700.

you easily save $700 in tylenol by not having a tv that will keep breaking every month and giving you headaches!

Depends on the size of the room you're putting it in. The way it sounds you're looking much bigger than what I went. I just recently purchased a Sony Grand Vega 55" LCD. 3 year warranty, TV, and stand was $2300 out the door and I am happy with the purchase.

My mom has one of those Sony's. Great picture.

61 isn't much bigger than 55, but It's going in a pretty good sized room. I went with the DLP cuz the picture was better when looking from the sides.

You got a deal with the stand. Those things are expensive for what you get. We will have this one built in on a remodel.

Depends on the size of the room you're putting it in. The way it sounds you're looking much bigger than what I went. I just recently purchased a Sony Grand Vega 55" LCD. 3 year warranty, TV, and stand was $2300 out the door and I am happy with the purchase.

I love Sony!

If I were to get LCD projection, it would be Sony.

If I were to get DLP, it would be Samsung

If I were to get a flat panel LCD it would be Sony or Sharp

If I were to get plasma, it would be Pioneer Elite or Panasonic Onyx

If I were to get a front projector it would be Sony or Sharp