Sign in to follow this  
derricksmalls

Yet another collusion question:(

12- team ppr league

In our league we have two teams who's owners are boyfriend and girlfriend. I won the regular season and my playoff game so Im now in the finals where Im playing this guy's girfriend. All of a sudden the boyfriend drops Terry Glenn (who was his #1 WR) from his roster and doesnt even pick anyone else up :P . The girlfriend has DJax, who may not play, as her #1 WR. I also noticed that she has waiver priority over me so I cant undercut her by taking Glenn, and Im assuming that she will pick him up.

So, should I call bullsh## right now by going to his house and punching him in front of his family or am I missing something about Glenn (hurt or something?)

I just dont want to look like a jerk if something is actually wrong with Glenn

Thanks guys

Unless an adequate reason can be provided for the drop, the player (Glenn) should be considered frozen and not allowed to be picked up

Unless an adequate reason can be provided for the drop, the player (Glenn) should be considered frozen and not allowed to be picked up

Yep. If she picks up Glenn, break out the shovel and overall cause its waist deep

Yep. If she picks up Glenn, break out the shovel and overall cause its waist deep

agreed.

In all of my leagues, rosters are frozen immediately once you are eliminated. I would recommend instituting that rule for next year, then name it the "Smith" rule, (of course substituting Smith for the guy's last name). Shame can work wonders in these cases.

So, should I call bullsh## right now by going to his house and punching him in front of his family or am I missing something about Glenn (hurt or something?)

Shouldn't you punch him in the face in front of his girlfriend rather than his family? That would reduce his manhood by several notches to her.

We had one owner last week pull the same crap. He dropped 4 players that his friend who made the playoffs could use. The kicker is that his friend was playing me and the guy who dropped the players, doesn't get along with anyone else in the league except his friend.

Only 4 teams made the playoffs. One of them being the commish. The other 2 and myself agreed to have the commish readd the players back to his team and lock him out from being able to do transactions.

The SOB called the commish names once he found out his cheating attempt had been prevented.

I beat the guy and now the commish plays him for 3rd place.

i commish my league and i lock rosters once a team is elimanated....

I second that, there is no reason for a team to be making roster moves unless they are still in contention. If your league failed to make safeguards for this, I'd say Terry Glenn is probably not a player significant enough to get your panties in a bunch about.

Isn't it just common sense that once a team is eliminated, it can't make roster moves? It has no roster to move... :dunno:

Some leagues (like mine) have a Pro Bowl week 17

High Score of Week wins Cash

So picking up and dropping would not be so easy to dispute

12- team ppr league

In our league we have two teams who's owners are boyfriend and girlfriend. I won the regular season and my playoff game so Im now in the finals where Im playing this guy's girfriend. All of a sudden the boyfriend drops Terry Glenn (who was his #1 WR) from his roster and doesnt even pick anyone else up :huh: . The girlfriend has DJax, who may not play, as her #1 WR. I also noticed that she has waiver priority over me so I cant undercut her by taking Glenn, and Im assuming that she will pick him up.

I just dont want to look like a jerk if something is actually wrong with Glenn

Thanks guys

FYI Collusion is cheating and stealing from your friends. In our league we lock all rosters after week 12 and play week 13 with no roster moves allowed. For the playoffs wk. 14-15-16 rosters are reopened but all eliminated teams rosters remain locked.

Suggest you institute this rule for next yr. and most, if not all,of your collusion problems disappear.

We also have a provision in our rules allowing the commisioner (me) to override any transaction that may indicate collusion, at my discrection. I have never, in 4 years had even examine a transaction we just don't have a problem.

Isn't it just common sense that once a team is eliminated, it can't make roster moves? It has no roster to move... :first:

Well, not everyone is in a league with people they can't trust. My league I commish i leave everyone's teams unlocked so they can do as they wish for the remainder of the season. Some people like to make side bets against other people so they still have some action going on their team, and we've had no problems with this. Then again, none of us are cheaters. If i were in a league with people i couldnt trust i would lock teams as well. But it's a lot more fun with friends you know wont cheat.

I am in 2 dynasty leagues that never lock anyone's roster. Playoff time is pretty active with trades and blind bidding wire moves. Since most of the trades involve future picks, you can not say the teams are cheating. Rookie picks are high value in dynasty. The blind bidding process prevents cheating because if you properly managed the cap, you have the same shot at a player as the next guy. We also have very deep rosters (32 players) and heavy penalties for dropping contracts so dumping premium players onto the wire has never been a problem.

I guess my point is serious money leagues should move to a dynasty format. It prevents all this extra crap.

Well, not everyone is in a league with people they can't trust. My league I commish i leave everyone's teams unlocked so they can do as they wish for the remainder of the season. Some people like to make side bets against other people so they still have some action going on their team, and we've had no problems with this. Then again, none of us are cheaters. If i were in a league with people i couldnt trust i would lock teams as well. But it's a lot more fun with friends you know wont cheat.

I'm not in a league with untrustworthy people either. We don't use a website to run the league, we do everything by e-mail, so there's no such thing as "locking" of rosters per se. When you're out, you're out. If somebody tried to drop a guy after he was eliminated, he'd get a bunch of e-mail replies along the lines of "What, are you focking baked???"