Sign in to follow this  
dantheman

FF auction league without PK and DEF

I commish a local auction redraft league that is finishing its 5th year.

The league has 12 owners.

Currently we start 1 QB 2-3 RB 3-4 WR 1- 2 TE ! PK and 1 DEF

We use victory points as our 1st criteria then record then total points

RB get no ppr and WR/TE get 0.5

A few weeks ago I brought the idea of eliminating kickers and def. and increasing ppr to WR/TE get 1 pt.

The starting lineup would be expanded to:

1 QB, 3 RB, 4 WR, and 2 TE

Eliminating the PK and DEF (along with current auction) would minimize the luck factor.

In our super bowl this year:

TEAM A leads TEAM B by 22 points

TEAM B still has JEff Garcia and Ronnie Brown to play

TEAM A has the lead mainly due to 20 point advantage in the PK and DEF positions !

What are your thoughts?

Explain to me what "luck factor" exists with keeping kickers and the DST.

a kicker gets 4 FGs in a game

a defense returns a couple of TDs

just trying to minimize the luck factor by eliminating the "non-skilled" positions

a kicker gets 4 FGs in a game

a defense returns a couple of TDs

just trying to minimize the luck factor by eliminating the "non-skilled" positions

So you're saying that scoring from those positions involves luck, whereas the other positions scoring doesn't involve luck.

Makes perfect sense to me. Eliminate them. :doublethumbsup:

We do an auction league and eliminated kickers about 5 years ago, have never looked back, we all think it is much improved. We do play defenses, as I think the luck factor there is much more minimal. You know what defenses are good, you don't know which kickers will have 48 yard fg attempts.

Overall, I give it a big :doublethumbsup:

We do an auction league and eliminated kickers about 5 years ago, have never looked back, we all think it is much improved. We do play defenses, as I think the luck factor there is much more minimal. You know what defenses are good, you don't know which kickers will have 48 yard fg attempts.

Overall, I give it a big :doublethumbsup:

Do you know which runners will have 70-yard TDs?

Do you know which receivers will have 13 catches for 190-yards and 3TDs?

If so, let me know in preparation for next year. :thumbsup:

By the way... it's ALL luck. :doublethumbsup:

Do you know which runners will have 70-yard TDs?

Do you know which receivers will have 13 catches for 190-yards and 3TDs?

If so, let me know in preparation for next year. :dunno:

By the way... it's ALL luck. :pointstosky:

I agree that it is all luck. But, a kicker relies on his team to drive a bit and get stopped, and they have absolutely no control over that. At least runner is trying to score every time he touches the ball, and never needs his team to stall on a drive in order to produce. I always felt cheated when I would lose to a team that had a kicker that happened to have 4 fg's in a game. I tell you, we eliminated kickers and we all are happier for it. That was the answer to the original post. If you like rooting for the propeller heads, then keep on drafting them. I wish that they would eliminate them from real football, punters too! 4 downs to get a first, if you don't make it, the other team takes over right there. It would make the game much more interesting.

I agree that it is all luck. But, a kicker relies on his team to drive a bit and get stopped, and they have absolutely no control over that. At least runner is trying to score every time he touches the ball, and never needs his team to stall on a drive in order to produce. I always felt cheated when I would lose to a team that had a kicker that happened to have 4 fg's in a game.

I feel cheated everytime an offensive line blocks so well for his runningback that the RB scores touchdowns every week.

I feel cheated everytime an offensive line blocks so well for his quarterback that he throws for 5 touchdowns and I lose.

Seriously, I appreciate to some extent what you're saying... but let's keep it real, you didn't lose because a kicker kicked 4 field goals... you lost because your other guys didn't produce... so you essentially watered-down the league to accommodate your shitty output at positions you count as "more key" or "more fun" or "more interesting to watch."