Sign in to follow this  
Ras66not99

Anyone having a Week 17 TE dilemma ?

I'm in a pretty strange league were we start a lot of guys and have no real bench it's mostly a pray your guys don't get hurt and make the right pickups at the right time kind of league..... Anyway I'm in the Bowl this week and we start 2 TE's... I had to drop Ben Watson last week because I didn't want the goose egg and I picked up Robert Royal who didn't do much (5 points) but it was better than the egg.....

Anyway I have Desmond Clark who will probably only play half the game "if that" and I refuse to roll with Royal again who is @Baltimore....

I was looking at Dan Campbell who looks to be servicable... pickens are pretty slim as it's a 12 man league start 2 TE's with a few other ones on people's benches.... I was thinking either Campbell or maybe Steve Heiden....

Anyone else maybe have a little sleeper this week ? Maybe a guy that might get some action kind of like a try-out for next year... Any homers know of any guys we might be overlooking ? Oh well just lookin for a bone,,,, I hate week 17 Bowls they suck.... If I didn't like my friend so much I wouldn't be in his league :dunno:

How about the Pats' David Thomas... he caught 5 balls for 83 yds and a TD last week. I think Brady has to go to his tight ends more because the current crop of WR suck donkey balls.

My TE dilemma is whether to sit Shockey. He didn't practice again today and is listed as questionable. I have LJ Smith ready to come in but I need to decide soon. The squad I'm going against in the finals is stacked! Would you put in Smith?

How about the Pats' David Thomas... he caught 5 balls for 83 yds and a TD last week. I think Brady has to go to his tight ends more because the current crop of WR suck donkey balls.

My TE dilemma is whether to sit Shockey. He didn't practice again today and is listed as questionable. I have LJ Smith ready to come in but I need to decide soon. The squad I'm going against in the finals is stacked! Would you put in Smith?

Yeah I was looking at Thomas as well but you know the Pats and how they spread it around... Thomas only had 5 targets last week which worries me, granted he caught all 5 and had a great game but I dunno he scares me... knowing me i'll snag him and Watson will come back (belichek is the worst with that injury jive)

As for your situation that's a toughie.... I think it depends on how long you can wait until... I mean if you can watch all the pre-game on Saturday night before your roster locks and make sure Shockey is playing then I think you have to go with him over LJ... Washington is pretty damn bad against the pass and the G-men are fighting for the playoffs he should be solid for you...

I'd roll with Campbell, hell the way the Lions are they'll win this game and lose the 1st pick. Seriously Campbell is having a pretty good year.

I picked up Utecht to cover for Watson, but I'm considering both Thomas and Scheffler as possible fill-ins this week.

Brady may have only targetted Thomas only five times (which is actually a fair amount considering he hasn't seen that much action) but he showed a lot of confidence in him when he through the TD pass up the seam. I think that bodes well. And as the above poster stated, Scheffler has been getting a lot of the redzone looks from his buddy Cutler.

thanks for responding fella's.....

As for Sheffler he's gone in my league.... so in a start 2 TE league right now its between Desmond Clark, Dan Campbell and David Thomas..... I'm wary of Clark with the Bears probably not playing their starters much but I was originally just going to leave him in there and pick up one TE, now i'm thinking of sittting Clark all together and going with Campbell and Thomas...

For all of you numbnut commish's who run your leagues with week 17 Bowls.... do you see what us diehards go through :banana:

Then again what else would we be doing in week 17, so it's always nice to have 1 league like that :banana: