Sign in to follow this  
WKTSWAY

Trading the 1.02 rookie pick

OK, I am in a dynasty league where we keep our whole roster from year to year. We have 3 rookie draft picks each year and I have the #2 pick since I had the 2nd worst team this year. It is a point per reception league and my team is in my sig. There is a player who made the play-offs this year who really wants my 1.02 pick (he would get Peterson or Lynch)...he said he was willing to trade anyone on his eam in the deal.

Do you see any fair deals I could make that would also improve my team? Here is his roster:

Anderson, Derek CLE QB (I)

Brooks, Aaron OAK QB

Feeley, A.J. PHI QB

Garcia, Jeff PHI QB

Gradkowski, Bruce TBB QB

McNabb, Donovan PHI QB (I)

* Perkins, Ray SDC RB

Barlow, Kevan NYJ RB

Bell, Mike DEN RB

Faulk, Kevin NEP RB

Parker, Willie PIT RB

Chambers, Chris MIA WR

Copper, Terrance NOS WR

Driver, Donald GBP WR

Holt, Torry STL WR

Kennison, Eddie KCC WR

Moulds, Eric HOU WR

Williams, Reggie JAC WR

Wilson, Cedrick PIT WR

Scheffler, Tony DEN TE

Shockey, Jeremy NYG TE

Wilson, Kris KCC TE

Vinatieri, Adam IND PK

Wilkins, Jeff STL PK

Injured Reserve

Jones, Greg JAC RB

Portis, Clinton WAS RB

Thanks for the help!

OK, I am in a dynasty league where we keep our whole roster from year to year. We have 3 rookie draft picks each year and I have the #2 pick since I had the 2nd worst team this year. It is a point per reception league and my team is in my sig. There is a player who made the play-offs this year who really wants my 1.02 pick (he would get Peterson or Lynch)...he said he was willing to trade anyone on his eam in the deal.

Do you see any fair deals I could make that would also improve my team? Here is his roster:

Anderson, Derek CLE QB (I)

Brooks, Aaron OAK QB

Feeley, A.J. PHI QB

Garcia, Jeff PHI QB

Gradkowski, Bruce TBB QB

McNabb, Donovan PHI QB (I)

* Perkins, Ray SDC RB

Barlow, Kevan NYJ RB

Bell, Mike DEN RB

Faulk, Kevin NEP RB

Parker, Willie PIT RB

Chambers, Chris MIA WR

Copper, Terrance NOS WR

Driver, Donald GBP WR

Holt, Torry STL WR

Kennison, Eddie KCC WR

Moulds, Eric HOU WR

Williams, Reggie JAC WR

Wilson, Cedrick PIT WR

Scheffler, Tony DEN TE

Shockey, Jeremy NYG TE

Wilson, Kris KCC TE

Vinatieri, Adam IND PK

Wilkins, Jeff STL PK

Injured Reserve

Jones, Greg JAC RB

Portis, Clinton WAS RB

Thanks for the help!

You know what? I dont see a lot here. It may be worth your while to ask for McNabb or Willie Parker, but I wouldnt expect him to make that deal.

I think you have a great choice of top end players with the #2 overall pick. Most of his best players are too old and dont have the value based on their age. I would probably just tell him I have no interest in trading unless he makes you an offer that's so good you'd be dumb to decline it.

then if he really wants it, he will make you an offer. And the longer you wait, the more he will want your pick...

If he wants the pick bad enough, he will keep increasing his offer. and you can do yourself a favour by seeing if there is anyone else in the market for this draft pick as well. once you have competing offers, you will get better value for what you are trading away.

You know what? I dont see a lot here. It may be worth your while to ask for McNabb or Willie Parker, but I wouldnt expect him to make that deal.

I think you have a great choice of top end players with the #2 overall pick. Most of his best players are too old and dont have the value based on their age. I would probably just tell him I have no interest in trading unless he makes you an offer that's so good you'd be dumb to decline it.

then if he really wants it, he will make you an offer. And the longer you wait, the more he will want your pick...

If he wants the pick bad enough, he will keep increasing his offer. and you can do yourself a favour by seeing if there is anyone else in the market for this draft pick as well. once you have competing offers, you will get better value for what you are trading away.

Thanks...He offered Chambers and Scheffler for the pick (I really like Scheffler). Obviously I think I should get more for it. So you think Wille Parker for the pick straight up would be a good deal for me? Maybe if I try Parker and Scheffler for the pick? Or do you think I should not try to trade with him because Lynch or Peterson will be better than any of his?

Thanks...He offered Chambers and Scheffler for the pick (I really like Scheffler). Obviously I think I should get more for it. So you think Wille Parker for the pick straight up would be a good deal for me? Maybe if I try Parker and Scheffler for the pick? Or do you think I should not try to trade with him because Lynch or Peterson will be better than any of his?

Yeah, I think you should get more for a #2 overall pick.

You are getting decent value in willie parker, but I see that you have two premium RB's in McGahee and Rudi Johnston, so I dont know if this trade would give you maximum value for your money....

Same Goes for QB. with Carson Palmer as your #1, McNabb is at best your 1A QB and he's getting on in age and has shown signs of being injury prone. (much as I like the guy, I have to call a spade a spade)

at least if you draft a top end RB or QB, he has time to grow into the role because you have players in your lineup right now who can get the job done.

This is primarily why I recommend just using the draft pick. Your premium prospects that you can acquire with the top 2 or 3 picks should be good enough to be a franchise player 2 to 3 years down the road...

As such, my opinion is that you should use your draft pick for yourself Unless you get an offer that is WAY TOO GOOD to say no to (ie. a player or players who give you a good chance to win it all next year or two).

So the question you need to ask yourself is this:

is Willie parker the kind of player that can put you over the top so that you win it all next year or two?

I'm not so sure that he is. Although you'd be guaranteed to have a good season because your depth at RB will be tough to deny.

Here's another team who has been trying to trade with me... he offered Ronnie Brown for the pick, and I told him I had already had better offers than that. Do you see anything here? I like Addai a lot but I don't know if he would be willing to trade him.If you think that's a good trade, would it just be Addai for the #2 pick straight up?

Bledsoe, Drew DAL QB

Brees, Drew NOS QB

Bulger, Marc STL QB

Campbell, Jason WAS QB

Jackson, Tarvaris MIN QB

Addai, Joseph IND RB

Bell, Tatum DEN RB

Brown, Ronnie MIA RB

Hicks, Maurice SFO RB

Jackson, Steven STL RB

Williams, DeAngelo CAR RB

Colston, Marques NOS WR

Jackson, Vincent SDC WR

McCardell, Keenan SDC WR

Muhammad, Muhsin CHI WR

Stallworth, Donte' PHI WR

Taylor, Travis MIN WR

Ward, Hines PIT WR

White, Roddy ATL WR

Anderson, Courtney OAK TE

Johnson, Eric SFO TE

Lewis, Marcedes JAC TE

Wiggins, Jermaine MIN TE

Brown, Josh SEA PK

Kasay, John CAR PK

Jurevicius, Joe CLE WR (IR)

Here's another team who has been trying to trade with me... he offered Ronnie Brown for the pick, and I told him I had already had better offers than that. Do you see anything here? I like Addai a lot but I don't know if he would be willing to trade him.If you think that's a good trade, would it just be Addai for the #2 pick straight up?

Bledsoe, Drew DAL QB

Brees, Drew NOS QB

Bulger, Marc STL QB

Campbell, Jason WAS QB

Jackson, Tarvaris MIN QB

Addai, Joseph IND RB

Bell, Tatum DEN RB

Brown, Ronnie MIA RB

Hicks, Maurice SFO RB

Jackson, Steven STL RB

Colston, Marques NOS WR

Jackson, Vincent SDC WR

McCardell, Keenan SDC WR

Muhammad, Muhsin CHI WR

Taylor, Travis MIN WR

Ward, Hines PIT WR

White, Roddy ATL WR

Johnson, Eric SFO TE

Lewis, Marcedes JAC TE

Wiggins, Jermaine MIN TE

Brown, Josh SEA PK

Kasay, John CAR PK

Well, No player here really stands out.

Ronnie Brown is a good acquisition as I think he was just getting on track when he got hurt... but his problem is that the O-Line in Miami isnt that good.

Ronnie is a premium talent, there is no doubting that... but unless Miami acuires or drafts a top end O Lineman, his upside will remain limited.

I like him better than parker, but because this year has been so bad for him, you should ask for something else in return.

I like Colston... but I doubt he'd part with both Colston and Brown to get that draft pick. Jackson (WR from the chargers) has a lot of potential as well. but if you go with Brown and Jackson, I think you also need to get something else in return (ie. a draft pick)

I'd say Browns value based on last season(which was crappy) and due to his injury status would be a late first round pick. YOu may trade him your first for Brown and his first (if he wants to go that route) I think the value there would still be decent. And if you do your homework before the draft, you should still get a pretty good prospect with that first round pick.

What about Portis and Holt for pick from one team or Colston and Ward from other team. Looks like you need help at WR. Your RBs are decent. If not then grab C. Johnson with 1.02 pick to help you or grab Peterson and then make trade

What about Portis and Holt for pick from one team or Colston and Ward from other team. Looks like you need help at WR. Your RBs are decent. If not then grab C. Johnson with 1.02 pick to help you or grab Peterson and then make trade

Portis and Holt????? :cry: I'am pretty sure he won't do that deal unless he does a lot of drugs!!!!! :mad:

Bledsoe, Drew DAL QB

Brees, Drew NOS QB

Bulger, Marc STL QB

Campbell, Jason WAS QB

Jackson, Tarvaris MIN QB

Addai, Joseph IND RB

Bell, Tatum DEN RB

Brown, Ronnie MIA RB

Hicks, Maurice SFO RB

Jackson, Steven STL RB

Colston, Marques NOS WR

Jackson, Vincent SDC WR

McCardell, Keenan SDC WR

Muhammad, Muhsin CHI WR

Taylor, Travis MIN WR

Ward, Hines PIT WR

White, Roddy ATL WR

Johnson, Eric SFO TE

Lewis, Marcedes JAC TE

Wiggins, Jermaine MIN TE

Brown, Josh SEA PK

Kasay, John CAR PK

what about rudi and your pick for stephen jackson?

I like that move.

jdon

Guest JahRasta311

what about rudi and your pick for stephen jackson?

I like that move.

jdon

ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

jackson is hardly worth more than rudi.....PLUS the #2? what the ######.

IMHO, you are significantly overvaluing pick 1.02. Assuming that AD goes to Cle and Lynch goes to GB (probably most likely and best scenario for each), I'd take Parker, RBrown or Portis for a 1.02, no sweat. I'd probably make the deal proposed above for SJax if I could. I'd seriously consider Addai at 1.02 even.

Now if Lynch goes to Denver, maybe that's worth a bit more.

However, I also believe that you should maximize what you can get for it. Seems it has hot value in your league, so push these guys against each other. I just wouldn't walk away given what has already been offered.

I own 1.03, 1.04, 1.5 and 1.14 in my 4-keeper league. I'd trade any of these picks for the guys above.

Well, I decided to trade my pick for Addai. I've loved Addai since before last year, and hopefully he will continue to do well in the years ahead. Even though I may have had some technically better offers, I like Addai best out of the backs I could have traded the pick straight up for.

Thanks a lot for all the help guys!

IMHO, you are significantly overvaluing pick 1.02. Assuming that AD goes to Cle and Lynch goes to GB (probably most likely and best scenario for each), I'd take Parker, RBrown or Portis for a 1.02, no sweat. I'd probably make the deal proposed above for SJax if I could. I'd seriously consider Addai at 1.02 even.

Now if Lynch goes to Denver, maybe that's worth a bit more.

However, I also believe that you should maximize what you can get for it. Seems it has hot value in your league, so push these guys against each other. I just wouldn't walk away given what has already been offered.

I own 1.03, 1.04, 1.5 and 1.14 in my 4-keeper league. I'd trade any of these picks for the guys above.

Hey man, I'm not saying that Ronnie brown isnt a good acquisition, but in dealing with the man, you have to mention that Ronnie's bad season makes him a risk.

based on market value, I think if you are trading the #2 overall pick, you should try to get Ronnie + a mid round pick in return.

I think Ronnie straight up for the #2 pick overall is one of those deals that is a break even proposition. You are probably getting a player of similar calibre.

One other thing to make note of: Ricky Williams will be back in Miami next year unless miami makes a trade of sorts. This will cut into Brown's carries somewhat. I dont expect Williams to steal his job, but if they want to trade him, they need to play him to prove he is worth something.

this decreases browns value.

I'd make a deal to acquire Brown, I would just ask for a little more. And you know how it is... if you dont ask, you dont get.

if he says no, you can always just trade for Brown Straight up if you have to.