Sign in to follow this  
art schlichter's bookie

****Official NCAA Tourney Wagering Thread****

I think Ohio State wins by 7 and it won't be that close. I'm still not sold on this Memphis team.

I think the same, I updated this play to 4 units. $100 on Oden!

Memphis just didn't have the players to keep up with OSU. There's never such a thing as easy money, but that game was as close as you could get.

I might be buying into the UCLA home court advantage too much, but I took the Bruins. Home court didn't work well for Louisville nor Texas A&M, but I'll take my chances I guess.

Still reeling from the USC meltdown and the stupic focking technical with 40 seconds left in the game. Fock you USC.

Saturday

Ohio St (-2) for 3 units WINNER

UCLA (Moneyline@+120) for 3 units WINNER

Good luck to all.

Yesterday was satisfying.

Sunday

Oregon (+7) for 2 units LOSER

OVER Flor/Oreg (143.5) for 2 units WINNER

Georgetown (+3.5) for 2 units WINNER

Good luck to all.

Oregon (+7) for 2 units

OVER Flor/Oreg (143.5) for 2 units

Georgetown (+3.5) for 2 units

it's called coattails and i'm riding 'em :(

Yesterday was satisfying.

Sunday

Oregon (+7) for 2 units LOSER

OVER Flor/Oreg (143.5) for 2 units WINNER

Georgetown (+3.5) for 2 units WINNER

Good luck to all.

Decent day. :thumbsdown:

On to the NIT games on Tuesday.

Tuesday NIT

Miss ST (-1.5) for 1 unit LOSER

Air Force 1st H (-.5) for 2 unit LOSER

Air Force (-1.5) for 3 unit LOSER

Air Force 2nd H (-2.5) for 3 units WINNER

WNCAA Purdue (+7.5) for 1 unit LOSER

Memphis (-4) 1st Q @-115 for 1.5 units LOSER

Memphis (+12.5) for 1 unit WINNER

Good luck to all.

Adding Air Force 1st H (-.5) for 2 unit.

This is a hard team to prepare for. The teams in their conference finally have figured them out, given AF struggles this year. But out of conference, this team is gold, as they were early this year. And here they are, in the NIT Final Four. I don't think Clemson will be ready for this unique offensive system. Especially early on.

Drinking for the first time since Friday, making a true degenerate play...

WNCAA Purdue (+7.5) for 1 unit

WV hits a 3 at the buzzer to fock me. Out of spite, I am upgrading AF for 3 units for the game. I like this game as much as any game left this year.

I consolidated my betting, so 3 units = 12 units earlier this year in hoops. I'm doing OK in the NBA tonight, and in hoops for the week, so I think I can absorb an AF loss. Rolling the dice.

Pound Air Force. :D :P :(

Like Memphis tonight. Have them for the game and 1st Q, with further action to follow. LAL are 0-9 ATS the last 9 games. It's as if Phil has given up on the season, and is letting Kobe pad his stats.

Pounding Memphis 1st Q

Memphis (+4) 1st Q @-115 for 1.5 units

Cleveland, a big play, hit, so I am rolling over some of the profit.

AF defense if doing well, but the offense needs to hit some focking shots Fock Fock Fock. Hit some shots.

:dunno: :lol: :dunno:

Tuesday sucked, for posted picks. Drinking and betting is a dumb combination. Despite that, it's been a decent couple of weeks overall.

Thursday

Clemson (-1) for 2 units LOSER

Chicago (-4) for 2 units

Over Mem/Por (196.5) for 2 units

Phoenix (-4) for 2 units

Parlay: Phoe 1st H (2.5) and Chic 2nd H (-4) .6791 units to win 1.7657 units

Good luck to all.

Edit: Hit a 2 unit Chic first Q bet. Should have posted it. Fock.

The Clemson loss has me scrambling. Posting this one...

Phoe 1st H (2.5) and Chic 2nd H (-4) .6791 units to win 1.7657 units

84-67-2 posted in hoops

Having a very nice tourney to date

UCLA plays better D and has a better coach.

Give me the 3 in what should be a tight one

UCLA +3 for TWO UNITS LOSER

Lean GT in the other as I like how they match up with my Bucks.

Not betting against my squad though so I'll :clap:

gl to all

Lee Humphrey (Florida) Total 3 Point Field Goal Attempts on Saturday - Must Start

Under 6 1/2 Three Point FG Attempts

Still hedging a little since I can win 2 brackets and have Gtown winning them both so taking monetline on OSU

Here are my picks for today:

Ohio State +1 for 5 Units - Georgetown is a solid ballclub and are very patient looking for their shots. They, along with UCLA, should be able to control tempo in this game. Ohio State will look to push the ball up the court and I look for Conley to drive to the basket like he has this entire tournament. The last 3 games he's gone to the FT line 30 times. That's a ridiculous amount of times for a team that has a big man. Georgetown would be pretty foolish to play zone against the Buckeyes with guys like Lewis, Cook, and Butler on the perimeter ready to rain down the 3 pointer. I think the Buckeyes will look to get Hibbert in foul trouble early on. Yes, Jeff Green is one of the least talked about players for the Hoyas, but Ron Lewis is almost in the same category. I don't think the Hoyas will be shooting lights out like they did against Carolina and if they don't they're in trouble. They are a patient team running a modified Princeton offense and they will get their points, but I think OSU's perimeter game will be the difference. The hype between Oden and Hibbert will be pretty much a non factor.

UCLA ML - I really can't stand watching UCLA play. They play effective, but ugly and boring basketball. That being said, their defense is without question the best of the four remaining teams. Affalo is the Bruins best player and athlete and he'll have to be huge today if they want to beat the Gators. As for Florida, I think there are too many things going against them today. One, as I mentioned in my Final Four thread, this seems eerily similar to the 1991 Final Four semifinal between UNLV and Dook. The Runnin Rebels returned everyone of significance to defend their title and thought the world was against them. Everyone returned from Dook stinging from the ass whoopin they got they year before by UNLV. The end result? One of the biggest upsets in the Final Four. Granted the Rebels were undefeated which made it bigger, but I think there are too many parallels. Another thing against Florida is Noah running his stupid focking mouth all week long. I don't know why he thinks everyone doesn't think the Gators are a great team, the majority of the nation picked them to repeat. That being said, his mouth is what ultimately will be what does Florida in. Another factor that can't be ignored is the Donovan rumors swirling around that he's going to Kentucky. While it might be an insignificant point, I do think that has to be taken into consideration. On the flip side of that the rumors were even worse in 2003 when Roy Williams took his Jayhawks to the Final Four. They did nothing but spank Marquette in the semifinals and then lost by the slimmest of margins to Syracuse. I still like UCLA to win this game outright, so I don't need the points.

Good luck, everyone.

Just won my biggest hoops bet in probably 2 years. I won a lot last week when tOSU beat Memphis, but today I doubled that bet.

Lee Humphrey (Florida) Total 3 Point Field Goal Attempts on Saturday - Must Start

Under 6 1/2 Three Point FG Attempts

Still hedging a little since I can win 2 brackets and have Gtown winning them both so taking monetline on OSU

definately bitter sweet especially since my site was not offering a moneyline :headbanger:

oh well i am glad i was at least in position to do so

I didn't want to post in here for fear of jinxing it, but I have Ohio & FLA, and Ohio winning it all for my $100 entry, $2000 pool. It's me against a team with 1 more point and FLA to win it all. Ohio wins, I win - FLA wins, he wins.

2nd place is the last loser. Winnah takes all.

This is the furthest I've ever been in an NCAA pool!.

:dunno:

Go buckeyes!!!!!

:banana:

Buckeyes open at +4

I think the spread will be headed up to 5 or 6 by tipoff...

It's already 4.5. I think I'll patiently wait until tomorrow afternoon and see if it does go up to over 5 and if that's the case I'm taking OSU.

I guess I'm getting into depression about the college hoops season ending in about 30 hours, so I had to make a wager on the women's game tonight. I took LSU minus 3 and I have no clue what their record is nor Rutgers for that matter. I just went to my favorite gambling forum and a lot of people liked the Tigers, so it sounded good to me. I think Rutgers was the team that beat Dook, but I honestly can't remember.