Sign in to follow this  
Giants Fan

Thinkin' 'bout buying this 1952 Willy's pick up

My brother, is nuts about cars, and is a pretty good mechanic. I'm more like a cosmetics guy. When I need to replace a water pump though ... he's my man.

Anyway, it could be really cool for my neice and nephew, as well to get involved. Gonna be hot this summer, as usual ... seems every summer though, I find myself working on cars.

Good excuse to hang out with my brother more, too. He's really into racing ... 8 second Mustang. If he dies, I guess I kinda become a Dad ... and I'm more into the idea of buying a good project, fixing it up and selling it for more money. I've never sold any car I ever owned for less than I paid for it. Some people, like my brother, trash cars. I make them better.

Oh wait ... I stand corrected. I paid, I think it was $1500 for a 1966 Galaxie 500 Convertible, with a power top that didn't work, and my brother and I fixed that, put in brand new hydraulics (that was a serios PIA), and I put in a new interior and got it painted ... was prolly worth about $3,500 at the time. Got hit by a train ... and I sold it to the junkyard for $50. Much less than I paid for it. Didn't want to, but it was that or pay a bunch of towing fees. They let me take my pullout cassette stereo (1994).

I had some of the chrome pieces that I hadn't put back on at home. I sold the long, rocker panels for like $250 on ebay several years later. I got another $150 for the paperwork. Old title, users manual.

But yeah ... after a train hit it ... I took the $50.

I would love to get a Willy's.... :rolleyes: