Sign in to follow this  
wiffleball

Tillman

It was a tragic and boneheaded thing that the military did. They lied about how Pat Tillman died. They even lied on the description of events in his Silver Star award. After at least the 4th investigation, they admit that.

I find it ridiculous that it took so many investigations and so much time to get to this point. Frankly, I don't know whether the Army acted out of cowardice & embarassment, or b/c they didn't want Pat be known as having died in such a boneheaded fashion. Maybe a little of both.

However, the last investigation was very thorough, it designated 9 people for punishment - including some very high-ranking guys.

I can understand the Tillman family's anger. I can understand their desire for 'revenge'. But now they're calling for yet another investigation - Congressional hearings to be exact. Enough already. No more focking investigations. No amount of investigations, hearings, politics or publicity is going to bring him back.

Sadly, thousands of men have died for very stupid reasons in war. Shoddy leadership, Greedy war profiteers, bad maintenance, bad decisions on their part -or the part of their buddies. They didn't get 5 focking hearings and headlines. They're lucky if they even got a medal. You've gotten more than most - The truth. And you should be commended for pursuing it as vigilantly as you have. But now that the truth has been admitted - and punishments recommended, its time to move on.

Let it go and move on. How Pat Tillman died matters less than why he died. And for that, he is indeed a hero.

good article by a former general on this too:

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/03/27/shepperd.tillman/index.html

Guest Davaco

agreed.

hes dead. :wall:

go georgetown :thumbsup: