Sign in to follow this  
SteelerFan80

Keeper/Contracts Question

This is a hybrid keeper/contracts league. We get 2 keepers we can keep up to 10 years (essentially a contract). However, they abide by one special rule. If you remove their keeper status, you can use one of your 2-year contracts on them and keep them for another 2 years.

Here is my current set-up. (#) = years left on contract. TBD = To be decided.

Keepers: S. Alexander; C. Johnson

5 Year: E. Manning (3)

4 Year: R. Williams (2); R. Droughns (2)

3 Year: A. Johnson (3); P. Rivers (2)

2 Year: E. James (2); TBD (2); T. Heap (1)

Taxi Squad: D. Williams; TBD; TBD

I just acquired Caddilac Williams. I was thinking of making him my keeper and putting Alexander on a two-year contract. If stay put, Caddy will only get a 2-year deal.

So the question is, with Alexander turning 30 this fall, is it time to wean him off my roster. My mind and gut say yes, but I am looking for other opinions.

This is a hybrid keeper/contracts league. We get 2 keepers we can keep up to 10 years (essentially a contract). However, they abide by one special rule. If you remove their keeper status, you can use one of your 2-year contracts on them and keep them for another 2 years.

Here is my current set-up. (#) = years left on contract. TBD = To be decided.

Keepers: S. Alexander; C. Johnson

5 Year: E. Manning (3)

4 Year: R. Williams (2); R. Droughns (2)

3 Year: A. Johnson (3); P. Rivers (2)

2 Year: E. James (2); TBD (2); T. Heap (1)

Taxi Squad: D. Williams; TBD; TBD

I just acquired Caddilac Williams. I was thinking of making him my keeper and putting Alexander on a two-year contract. If stay put, Caddy will only get a 2-year deal.

So the question is, with Alexander turning 30 this fall, is it time to wean him off my roster. My mind and gut say yes, but I am looking for other opinions.

You are absolutely correct on this issue.

Alexander probably has 2 more good years left, but I'd be surprised if he has 3 or 4.

This is a smart move, and I'd say you are defintitely on the right track.

What did you have to give for Caddy? I'm in a league where I want to try and get him before his value goes back up.

I'm not sure about Caddy's future, but it's time to work Alexander out of your roster. He has 2 good years left (at most), so maybe move him out at about that time.