Sign in to follow this  
Rye & Leaf

Any Early Predictions?

Travis Henry will lead the running back position in touchdowns :banana:

Norwood will outproduce bush

and Mississippi State won't be last place in the SEC next year

DJ Hackett will be the #1 fantasy wr in Seattle .

Vernon Davis will be a top 3 TE

T.Jones will be the most productive RB in the AFC east

1) Willis McGahee will rush for 1200+ and 12+ TD.

2) Donte Stallworth will be the #1 FF WR in New England (900 and 9 give or take)

3) Shaun Alexander will get back to his normal 1400 and 15 TD self (although nothing close to his 1900 and 27 2005 season)

4) Willie Parker will be this years RB1 bust. Yardage will still be in the 1300 range but 7-8 TD's tops.

5) TO will be this years WR1 bust. TO had a relatively quiet 1st season in Dallas which could only mean a total meltdown is right around the corner. He'll be demanding a trade or suspended from the team by week 8.

and finally...

San Diego will lose to New England in the AFC Championship, once again New England will take home the SB trophy. :angry:

5) TO will be this years WR1 bust. TO had a relatively quiet 1st season in Dallas which could only mean a total meltdown is right around the corner. He'll be demanding a trade or suspended from the team by week 8.

Relatively quiet? :dunno:

You mean, aside from lobbying for Romo to be the QB over Bledsoe, then the suicide attempt that wasn't, and the news conferences and the broken thumb?

I guess that was quiet for TO.....he didn't call anyone a homo. :wall:

Relatively quiet? :banana:

You mean, aside from lobbying for Romo to be the QB over Bledsoe, then the suicide attempt that wasn't, and the news conferences and the broken thumb?

I guess that was quiet for TO.....he didn't call anyone a homo. :wub:

Well I for one can't wait to see what he does. Will he go bonkers on the sideline? Perhaps. Will he yell at a few people? Possibly. Then all the sudden he goes for 2 td's and 169 receiving yards. At least I have someone dynamic on my team. That's half the fun!

Well I for one can't wait to see what he does. Will he go bonkers on the sideline? Perhaps. Will he yell at a few people? Possibly. Then all the sudden he goes for 2 td's and 169 receiving yards. At least I have someone dynamic on my team. That's half the fun!

oh, I had him last year in 2 leagues...he was a solid performer. I was accussed more than once of having man love for him because I (*gasp!*) dared to defend his on-field ability.

I'd draft him again this year in a heartbeat. The crazy, could be out for 3 weeks at any given time for any variety of reasons makes him go after WRs that I believe he will outproduce this year. Harrison, CJohnson, Wayne, Holt - all will go before TO, and I think TO has the potential to outproduce every one of them with a developing Romo.

Huge end zone target, TE-like on field toughness, goes across the middle and takes a hit, plus runs crisp routes and has fairly reliable hands...Owens is FFB PPR stud for 2007 - no doubt in my mind.

oh, I had him last year in 2 leagues...he was a solid performer. I was accussed more than once of having man love for him because I (*gasp!*) dared to defend his on-field ability.

I'd draft him again this year in a heartbeat. The crazy, could be out for 3 weeks at any given time for any variety of reasons makes him go after WRs that I believe he will outproduce this year. Harrison, CJohnson, Wayne, Holt - all will go before TO, and I think TO has the potential to outproduce every one of them with a developing Romo.

Huge end zone target, TE-like on field toughness, goes across the middle and takes a hit, plus runs crisp routes and has fairly reliable hands...Owens is FFB PPR stud for 2007 - no doubt in my mind.

You are a genius :blink:

You've got a good team Joc. Much better than last year. :cheers:

I like the JPWADP rule forbidding the guy with LT from taking a #1 WR until the top tiers are gone then start reaching wildly in the early middle rounds while other teams load up on better value players.

You've got a good team Joc. Much better than last year. :ninja:

I like the JPWADP rule forbidding the guy with LT from taking a #1 WR until the top tiers are gone then start reaching wildly in the early middle rounds while other teams load up on better value players.

How did I reach for a WR?

I took Ward at 49 (5.1), Stallworth at 72 (6.12), and Glenn at 73 (7.1).

ADP on Ward is 5.2, Stallworth 6.9, and Glenn 7.8.

I'm not gonna use my 2nd rounder on a guy like Fitz, who I'm projecting 1100 and 8, when I can get a guy like Glenn who I'm projecting 1000 and 7 in the 7th. Ward had hammy problems at the beginning of the season, missed 2 games in the middle, and still put up 1000 and 6. That's not even taking into consideration all the issues Big Ben had last year. If both Ward and Ben stay healthy all season Ward could easily put up 1000 and 10 just like 2005. I'm concerned with Stallworth staying healthy but Mush is serviceable (especially for an 11th rounder). Hell he put up just as good of numbers as Santana Moss, Braylon Edwards, Reggie Brown, and Chris Chambers and I didn't burn a 5th or 6th rounder on him.

To each their own I guess. :doh:

I'm not gonna use my 2nd rounder on a guy like Fitz, who I'm projecting 1100 and 8, when I can get a guy like Glenn who I'm projecting 1000 and 7 in the 7th. Ward had hammy problems at the beginning of the season, missed 2 games in the middle, and still put up 1000 and 6. That's not even taking into consideration all the issues Big Ben had last year. If both Ward and Ben stay healthy all season Ward could easily put up 1000 and 10 just like 2005. I'm concerned with Stallworth staying healthy but Mush is serviceable (especially for an 11th rounder). Hell he put up just as good of numbers as Santana Moss, Braylon Edwards, Reggie Brown, and Chris Chambers and I didn't burn a 5th or 6th rounder on him.

To each their own I guess. :cry:

I took Ward b/c he's 49 years old and should be able to outrun those guys still

Stallworth at 72 leg issues can't stay healthy and will tease me with huge huge games only to sit out for the next 3 weeks

Glenn at age 73 - well he's so old, he was one of the first guys out in space\

Just pickin', but I don't like these guys :banana:

I took Ward b/c he's 49 years old and should be able to outrun those guys still

Stallworth at 72 leg issues can't stay healthy and will tease me with huge huge games only to sit out for the next 3 weeks

Glenn at age 73 - well he's so old, he was one of the first guys out in space\

Just pickin', but I don't like these guys :dunno:

Point taken. :pointstosky:

Unfortunately your points have nothing to do SCB claiming I reached for WR's. ;)

Do I have a bunch of old and/or injury prone WR's? yup. Did I "reach wildly in the early middle rounds while other teams load up on better value players"? nope.

:P

To each their own I guess. ;)

Don't think I'm gonna go easy on you just because you forgot to fill your WR roster with studs in a PPR league. ;)

It was more a crack on Joc drafting a similar way last year. We were busting his chops when he took RB RB RB with LT2 in his hip pocket.

If any team appeared to "reach wildly" it would be mine. I'm the only one here that sees MJD as a viable 1st round pick. Couldn't wait though because he'd be gone before my next pick & I'm trading impared. :pointstosky:

Don't think I'm gonna go easy on you just because you forgot to fill your WR roster with studs in a PPR league. ;)

It was more a crack on Joc drafting a similar way last year. We were busting his chops when he took RB RB RB with LT2 in his hip pocket.

If any team appeared to "reach wildly" it would be mine. I'm the only one here that sees MJD as a viable 1st round pick. Couldn't wait though because he'd be gone before my next pick & I'm trading impared. :bandana:

Larry Johnson - If I would have taken Boldin (he was the best available wr on the board at the time) my year still would have sucked with his 4 td's last year ;)