Sign in to follow this  
triple_f

New Keeper League

I am in a 1st year keeper league, will draft #4 this year. PPR, 6 pts/TD, 1 pt/20 yds rush/rec., 1 pt/50 yds passing, standard scoring. We will keep a second player at the end of this year. Keepers, in no order:

1. LT

2. S Jax - mine

3. LJ

4. Bush

5. Rudi

6. Palmer

7. Brees

8. Jones-Drew

9. Holt

10. Gore

11. Alexander

12. To be determined

I think I am in a great position. The 1st overall pick will be Manning (last year's owner also had LT) leaving Westy, Parker, Addai, Portis, Ronnie Brown for me. Who would you draft in my position?

I am planning on going WR, WR for picks 2 and 3, drafting a QB in round 6-7. I did a 4-5 round mock draft, looking at teams needs, and by the time it snakes back to me, the receivers I am looking at are:

- Housh-ya-daddy

- Roy Williams

- Boldin

- J Walker

- Fitz

- Plaxico

- Andre Johnson

- Driver

- Evans

- Colston

Which 2 WR's would you like to go to battle with?

I am in a 1st year keeper league, will draft #4 this year. PPR, 6 pts/TD, 1 pt/20 yds rush/rec., 1 pt/50 yds passing, standard scoring. We will keep a second player at the end of this year. Keepers, in no order:

1. LT

2. S Jax - mine

3. LJ

4. Bush

5. Rudi

6. Palmer

7. Brees

8. Jones-Drew

9. Holt

10. Gore

11. Alexander

12. To be determined

I think I am in a great position. The 1st overall pick will be Manning (last year's owner also had LT) leaving Westy, Parker, Addai, Portis, Ronnie Brown for me. Who would you draft in my position?

I am planning on going WR, WR for picks 2 and 3, drafting a QB in round 6-7. I did a 4-5 round mock draft, looking at teams needs, and by the time it snakes back to me, the receivers I am looking at are:

- Housh-ya-daddy

- Roy Williams

- Boldin

- J Walker

- Fitz

- Plaxico

- Andre Johnson

- Driver

- Evans

- Colston

Which 2 WR's would you like to go to battle with?

Well, assuming that the 12 keepers you mentioned are the sole keeper of each team and assuming that you start 2 RB's I would be inclined to go one of two directions:

1) go for the win this year. If this is the case, you draft Westbrook to go with S Jax and you should be fairly dominant or at least even with the running production of any team.

2) go for the future and take Addai.

I'd go with option 2 because Addai is good enough that you still have a legitimate chance to win this year, and he is young and will be a stud for you for years to come.

Ronnie brown also isnt a bad option to take. Especially if Miami drafts or signs some decent O-linemen. I think his potential may be better than Addai's long term.... (if he gets an O-Line)

For receivers, one guy not listed is Reggie Wayne. he may not be available come the 2nd round of your draft, but if he is there you should take him.

Out of the ones mentioned, I'd say Roy Williams and Housh are your best bets. Colston is a close third.

my reason for this call:

1) Fitz & Boldin are studs, but with a new QB. you are likely looking at one more weak year of stats for these guys before they explode again for a big year.

2) Walker: Same deal as Fitz & boldin

3) AJ with Carr gone his production will either get better or will stay the same. I dont think the New QB they brought in really does much for me... but you may feel differently.

4) Driver: Tough to say. I like him... but when farve leaves next year, he will be in the same boat as the above guys I just mentioned.

I'd probably give the edge to Williams. Hes in a Martz offense that will improve in the off season and if the rest of the team improves in any way, his numbers will only get better.

Housh is also an excellent call because of the offense he is in. The only downside is that he is the #2 WR in that offense.... but remember.. this didnt hurt Reggie Wayne and I dont think it will hurt him.

hope this info helps you.

We are both on the same wave length to be honest. I was thinking about Westy, due to his high receptions and being the focal point of the Philly O, and teamed with S Jax, would make for a strong base for my team. But Addai, if taken, could be my keeper for this year, having S Jax and Addai for a few years cannot be a bad thing, especially in a PPR league.

When I did my mock, I think Wayne would be gone by the time it gets back to me. In fact, I'm almost 100% sure, a friend of mine drafting 8th had him last year, and wants him again this year and plans on taking him in the 2nd round (really the 3rd as each team has a keeper) I predicted 6 WR come off the board by the time it gets to me: Harrison, CJ, Smith, Owens, Wayne and Fitz...7 including Holt who is a keeper. I would LOVE to see Wayne be there when I pick, as I have him scoring higher than Marvin this year, but don't see it happening.

I have been thinking Roy Williams; Martz system, high rec totals, and pretty much being the go to guy, as I do not think Furrey will repeat his totals from 06. Housh is a WR1 in my opinion, being the #2 in Cincy...as you said...a la Wayne. I am actually high on Walker this year, hoping Cutler will make it to me in round 5-7...would take him as my QB if given the right value. I also think Andre Johnson would be a good pick; I know Schaub isn't proven, but AJ is the go to guy with high rec #'s. As for Driver, I would not be keeping him, so in a redraft, could be worthy. Colston needs to be considered too. Any sophmore issues? Where does everyone see Lee Evans, Plaxico and Reggie Brown?

Thanks for your help!!!

I would keep an eye on McGahee. He's still young and I think this year he will re-establish himself as a top RB.

Evans might not be a bad choice. Losman/Evans started to look like a nice combo last year, plus they have drastically upgraded their o-line this offseason.

1) Addia

2) McGahee

3) Evans

4) Reggie Brown/Devery Henderson/Cotchery

I would probably go Westy for RB and Boldin and Roy Williams at WR.

I would probably go Westy for RB and Boldin and Roy Williams at WR.

I like that option...thanks. Might be the best one I've seen. I am just hoping Westy makes it to me. I pick 4th, and the 1st pick will be Peyton. What do you think the top 5 draft picks will be...if you look at the keepers? I see something like Manning, Westy, Parker, Addai...any thoughts?

I like that option...thanks. Might be the best one I've seen. I am just hoping Westy makes it to me. I pick 4th, and the 1st pick will be Peyton. What do you think the top 5 draft picks will be...if you look at the keepers? I see something like Manning, Westy, Parker, Addai...any thoughts?

yeah, this sounds like it's pretty close.