Sign in to follow this  
GettnHuge

ESPN fantasy baseball

Despite this I was reluctant to join a keeper league because I always seem to have draft or roster

problems with espn and cbs sportsline. Sure enough several times early in the draft I got focked. I had

autodraft off, selected my player, clicked draft...draft...draft...nothing happens then it autodrafts someone

else. One owner had the same thing happen and each time it drafted him a catcher. Fock espn.

So the season starts...but then rosters are mysteriously locked up, can't do anything with them.

This is followed by posts and emails from espn explaining that they are having problems which will be resolved

asap so we can get on with our enjoyable fantasy experience. Sure, right.

Now here we are a week later and I just received this lil email that no doubt some of you also got:

To our Fantasy Players,

The problems that you have experienced with ESPN Fantasy Baseball to begin this season have been unacceptable, and we are genuinely sorry.

Fixing these problems and restoring your ability to play fantasy baseball, as well as illustrating our appreciation of you - our players - is our responsibility. We will take important steps in the next 24 hours to meet that responsibility.

We have explored and tested every possible solution and it is clear that the nature of the issues leave us with a single, necessary action to get the game back on track and ensure the integrity of the season.

Late on Wednesday night the ESPN Fantasy team will:

1) Revert all teams to their opening day rosters (Sunday, April 1).

2) Set the starting lineup of each team's opening day roster as the active roster for all games played to date (April 1 - April 11).

3) Retroactively apply scoring for the entire season to date based on that roster.

4) Void all transactions to date (trades, waiver pickups, roster moves, etc.).

Following these changes, all players not on a roster will be placed on waivers for 24 hours, and the waiver order for each league will be restored to where it was on Opening Day.

Through extensive testing, this solution - while extreme - has repeatedly shown to restore the game to full and normal operation.

We are sorry to have to make such an aggressive change, and fully recognize the impact this will have. This action was our only option because of the nature of the issues and their potential to compound if not addressed on a fundamental level. Ensuring the integrity of the season ahead for ALL players is tremendously important to us and this solution ensures that all players will be treated equally.

We anticipate that by Thursday morning when you log in, the game will be operating as it should. We will provide another update to you on Thursday morning.

For those with customized leagues, your League Manager will be able to adjust current rosters as they see fit.

This should not have happened and there is no excuse. We will work hard to regain your confidence in our games, and in appreciation for the patience you've already shown we are giving you:

- Free ESPN Fantasy Insider, for the entire baseball season. By Friday, you each will have complete access to all of our most in-depth, award-winning fantasy sports content through September. (Current ESPN Insider subscribers will have six months added to their subscription at no charge)

- A full refund for the cost of the 2007 season to any player that has paid for a premium ESPN Fantasy Baseball league.

Wow! Now I can get free fantasy advice from the same focken experts that I owned in a past league I was invited to. :dunno:

It sucks when bad things happen to good people :dunno:

Guest Davaco

this is why I didnt play this year. when something is free, you get what you pay for.

every tool and their brother probably drafted a zillion teams, checked them at once and poof. now they reset the league after 2 weeks of games. :dunno: espn was great when it was pay

kudos for offering the free refund

Yahoo :dunno:

I'm a member of multiple dynasty/keeper league groups for the 4 major sports. Most of them are run on yahoo.

Because of so many people wanting to join, the commishes run out of room with their multiple yahoo IDs and

therefore will put a couple leagues here or there on another free service, but same scoring system.

I've said here 100 times over, don't complain about free. But this free was advertised as the gretaist thing since

sliced bread, so they are open to critique. :cry:

One set of dynasty leagues are 5 leagues of twenty teams plus a champions league that includes the top 4 finishers from

the previous year.

Another are a dozen contract keeper leagues with 12 in each league.

I hate ESPN. They focked up my paid football league 2X - the second year they gave it to us as an apology...then they focked that up too.

My buddy did a free ESPN league this year, and I tried to add my sleepers from FA after the draft to fine tune my roster as I do in every league - these are the subtle moves that win you leagues in fantasy baseball...scooping up Solomon Torres and his 4 saves, grabbing the japanese dude in Tampa Bay for his skillz, scooping up a solid bounce back starting pitcher who might have slipped through the cracks, etc. Now 2 weeks of ball have been played, and all the "sleepers" have been exposed. Their solution is terrible and I quit the league immediately. Yahoo rules the free fantasy baseball world.

I'm done with ESPN.com for all things fantasy - they are dead to me. :lol:

To our Fantasy Baseball players

In order to address the issues we have been experiencing and restore your ability to play, we will be performing updates on ESPN Fantasy Baseball from Wednesday, April 11th at 8:00 PM ET through Thursday, April 12th at 8:00 AM ET. During this time the game will be unavailable. The steps we are taking will get the game back on track and ensure the integrity of the season will result in the following:

:mad: :mad:

To our Fantasy Baseball players

In order to address the issues we have been experiencing and restore your ability to play, we will be performing updates on ESPN Fantasy Baseball from Wednesday, April 11th at 8:00 PM ET through Thursday, April 12th at 8:00 AM ET. During this time the game will be unavailable. The steps we are taking will get the game back on track and ensure the integrity of the season will result in the following:

:thumbsup: :lol:

:banana: