Sign in to follow this  
Giants Fan

Military Tradition

Ok, so my greta-greta-grandfather was in the Civil War. Union. Elgin, light artillery. 13 people died ... of disease. I've read his memoirs, and it sounds like he got sick too ... but lived.

Mom's side ... and I got her freckled skin .... amazing healing ability. Scottish. Also ... I don't get infections. Mostly, don't get sick. Grandpa there is my last surviving grandparent. I think he was in the Navy ... he was put on an Aircraft carrier, as a photographer. Dad was in the Navy, pre-Nam. His Dad (my grandpa) was a Lt. Colonel in the Army during WW2.

My older brother was gonna go to Berlin and jump outta aiplanes ... 82nd Airborne is it? Back in the 80's ... but he was a Coke fiend with a heart problem ... and he didn't get in. I coulda gotten in though. Didn't want to do that.

I still have 5 years to decide since they extended the age limit to 42 to join the Army. I don't think, I could properly be of service to the Army at my age ... but if the FBI or Secret Service wanted to hire me ... I'd be all over that. I would love the opportunity to serve my country, in a non-war or a preventative function. Not sure ... what kinda pedigree it takes ... but yeah, I'd be a great art director for the future media war.

I'm one smart cookie.

interesting

"The rooster caws at midnight!"

That's the secret password, right? Ooops! FACK!

Is that gonna go on my record?

:dunno:

P.S. Reset the password. Please.

I pledged Delta Chi ... fall, 1990. Mostly because of my old Tucson friend that was an active. He became my "Pledge Father" ... but he was in the Army Reserve's and got sent to Saudi, mid-way through my pledgeship. Desert Storm.

He told me stuff, and showed me pictures ... I can't begin to describe. War. Only way I can describe it ... war. Great, old friend.