Sign in to follow this  
Bezzerck

Trade Bush in a Dynasty?

16 team IDP league

I can start between 1-3 RB and my currrent RB's include: Gore, Bush, Domanick Rhodes, Dom Williams and some other Fodder.

I have been asked to trade Bush and my first round rookie pick next year (which should be very low perhaps 1.14 or 1.16) for Clinton Portis, Ladell Betts, and Michael Turner.

Please give me your thoughts on this.

Tough one.

Normally I'd say you shouldn`t take quantity over quality.

If it isn't PPR I prolly do it, with Portis you get a top 10 RB and with Betts you have a handcuff for him and Michael Turner will start somewhere next year.

Also considering it is a 16 teamer league where elite RBs are a rare good, I think I would do it.

while I do agree you could use some more depth at RB, I do not think this is a trade you should make.

You need more if you're going to unload bush in a league of this sort. What I'd do, is look into trading up in the draft. Maybe offer your first and one of your other RB's to move up a few spots in the draft. If you can get a good RB, that will help stock the cupboard so your RB's will be good in the future.

Keep what you have and build around bush. Tell him you arent interested. you never know, he may come back with a much better offer if he wants bush bad enough.

I have found that I usually get maximum value if I tell people I'm not interested in trading someone. Then people who REALLY want him may test your resolve and give you their best offer and sometimes that offer is too good to say no to.

that is the only type of offer you should be considering for Bush.

words to memorize and make your mouth exercize. good phrase in trading, "not him, he is almost an untouchable". bush in a dynasty is tough to get rid of at all. you have a good 1-2-3 depending on how rhodes turns out.

Portis has that arthretic knee problem. There is doubt that he will be the same ever again. None of those backs will ever come close to Bush in terms of production. To move him would require a lot more.