Sign in to follow this  
Recidivist

Charles Nelson Reilly - RIP

I remember being 4 or 5 years old, totally unaware of homosexuality, and watching Match Game during its original run and thinking, "Wow, this guy's a little fruity". Nonetheless, he was pretty focking hilarious on that show, along with Dawson.

With the cause of death listed as pneumonia, I'm guessing it's AIDS or HIV related :thumbsdown: Who cares.

He was talented and funny. CNR RIP :thumbsdown:

http://www.southflorida.com/news/la-me-rei...nment-headlines

Alec Baldwin played him on SNL's version of Inside the actors studio, thats all I knew of him :thumbsdown:

RIP

Alec Baldwin played him on SNL's version of Inside the actors studio, thats all I knew of him :thumbsdown:

RIP

Forgot about that one - spot on impersonation - I'm sure CNR dug it.

I remember being 4 or 5 years old, totally unaware of homosexuality, and watching Match Game during its original run and thinking, "Wow, this guy's a little fruity". Nonetheless, he was pretty focking hilarious on that show, along with Dawson.

With the cause of death listed as pneumonia, I'm guessing it's AIDS or HIV related :thumbsdown: Who cares.

He was talented and funny. CNR RIP :thumbsdown:

http://www.southflorida.com/news/la-me-rei...nment-headlines

Surprised you beat gocolts to the story.

Ghost and Mrs. Muir :headbanger:

He was great. Very funny. Paul Lynde type of guy. Both fruity, both funny. :(

Those guys had to be drinking doing some of those episodes.

:ninja:

Those guys had to be drinking doing some of those episodes.

:ninja:

The guy was bloody hilarious on The Match Game - I think Gene Rayburn and the gang tipped a few jars before each episode.

The guy was bloody hilarious on The Match Game - I think Gene Rayburn and the gang tipped a few jars before each episode.

ITA. Every now and then I'll be channel flipping and run into the Match Game on the game show network...have to watch it just for Reilly and Dawson.

RIP Charles.

ITA. Every now and then I'll be channel flipping and run into the Match Game on the game show network...have to watch it just for Reilly and Dawson.

RIP Charles.

:banana:

RIP Charles.

I also enjoyed the drunken Bret Somers. She was hilarious. I never would have guessed she was Jack Klugman's wife. He was a huge star from The Odd Couple and she was fugly.

RIP Charles.

:thumbsdown: There was a time several years ago my wife and I couldn't agree to watch anything on TV except Match Game reruns. Pure Comedy!

I also enjoyed the drunken Bret Somers. She was hilarious. I never would have guessed she was Jack Klugman's wife. He was a huge star from The Odd Couple and she was fugly.

A match made in heaven, as Klugman isn't/wasn't exactly GQ material either. But you're right, Bret Somers was hilarious. Thinking back, I think the whole cast was bombed on each show - good times! :banana: