Sign in to follow this  
Geddy11

Travis Henry

Travis Henry is a very intriguing player. He's coming off a very productive year in Tenn and landed in one of fantasy football's RB hot spots. But as usual, there is always a degree of caution when evaluating the Denver RB situation. Definitly a situation to keep an eye on.

I'm not sure that Tennessee's line is as bad as some of you want to think. On the other side of that, I'm not sure Denver's line is as dominant as it was. Many of you are predicting an exponential jump over last year based on that, and that's faulty information to be basing that jump from.

I will concede that he has a track record, but he's almost missed significant time with an injury, and hasn't been the same since. Bently, you misjudge me. I am not bitter. I was a huge fan of his in Buffalo, and thought they were foolish not to resign him and take the huge gamble on McGahee. He then left and produced . . . not much. I'm somewhat mixed on last year, but I'm not convinced that he has returned to the form that he once had. And for a back that has capped out at 1752 yards, there is a lot of hope that he's going to not just return to that form, but vault over it. Top 5 numbers people are talking here.

Further, his being brought to Denver is not a guarantee that the job is handed to him. There are way too many examples in the NFL of a big name back who doesn't do what he is expected to do. Mike Bell is not trash, and will compete for carries. And if he's worth it, Shanahan will put the ball in his hands.

Now, I think Henry is the frontrunner, and I get all the hope regarding that. However, I'm not ready to hand him the starting job there.

now take this same advice, and substitute Randy Moss in for Travis Henry and replace Denver's System for Tom Brady :mad:

I hope Moss destroys the pat's

now take this same advice, and substitute Randy Moss in for Travis Henry and replace Denver's System for Tom Brady :headbanger:

I hope Moss destroys the pat's

While I think Randy Moss brings a completely different set of notes to the table for discussion, the end result is likely to be the same . . . he will be taken well before he should be.

I think your hope could become reality.