Sign in to follow this  
wizo1fan

Big trade possibility

Hey everyone.

I'm in a Dynasty League with a maximum of 22 players on my roster. It is a 10 team league and scoring is as follows: QB - 6 pt TD passing and rushing, 1 pt for 25 yds passing, RB - 6 pt TD, 1 pt 10 yds rushing or receiving, WR - 6 pt TD, 1 pt 10 yds rushing or receiving. No PPR.

Lineup is 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 Team D.

I have been offered a few trades today and am looking for some thoughts. I am stacked at WR and think I can grab some talent with the two trades.

My current roster is:

QB - Brady, Romo

RB - Westbrook, Ronnie Brown, DeAngelo Williams, Dunn, Morency, Michael Robinson & P.J. Daniels

WR - Chad Johnson, Marvin Harrison, Lee Evans, Berrian, Matt Jones, Sinorice Moss, Demetrius Williams & McCardell

TE - Crumpler, McMichael

K - Wilkins

D - Carolina

Today I was offered the following 2 trades:

Cadillac Williams and picks 1.9 and 2.1 in the upcoming rookie/FA draft for Tom Brady (I have pick 1.7)

Marc Bulger or Drew Brees for Ronnie Brown

Are these both smart trades? I think either Brees or Bulger may have better FF years than Brady. I'm not sold on Cadillac but if DeAngelo turns out it could be worth it. I hate to lose Brady though.

Thanks

There is no benefit to your team in any of these offers. The picks are too low unless someone does something unorthodox. Your team is solid. You could probably think about moving Harrison now while he still has great value.

Hey everyone.

I'm in a Dynasty League with a maximum of 22 players on my roster. It is a 10 team league and scoring is as follows: QB - 6 pt TD passing and rushing, 1 pt for 25 yds passing, RB - 6 pt TD, 1 pt 10 yds rushing or receiving, WR - 6 pt TD, 1 pt 10 yds rushing or receiving. No PPR.

Lineup is 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 Team D.

I have been offered a few trades today and am looking for some thoughts. I am stacked at WR and think I can grab some talent with the two trades.

My current roster is:

QB - Brady, Romo

RB - Westbrook, Ronnie Brown, DeAngelo Williams, Dunn, Morency, Michael Robinson & P.J. Daniels

WR - Chad Johnson, Marvin Harrison, Lee Evans, Berrian, Matt Jones, Sinorice Moss, Demetrius Williams & McCardell

TE - Crumpler, McMichael

K - Wilkins

D - Carolina

Today I was offered the following 2 trades:

Cadillac Williams and picks 1.9 and 2.1 in the upcoming rookie/FA draft for Tom Brady (I have pick 1.7)

Marc Bulger or Drew Brees for Ronnie Brown

Are these both smart trades? I think either Brees or Bulger may have better FF years than Brady. I'm not sold on Cadillac but if DeAngelo turns out it could be worth it. I hate to lose Brady though.

Thanks

Tough call.

with QB's getting 6 points per TD pass I'd say that a top QB would have value fairly similar to a top RB.

I would certainly prefer Brees or Bulger to Brady.... although I will say Brady has never had the kind of receivers he has now. (for better or worse)

so if you do both deals, you end up with a slight downgrade at RB in Cadillac as compared to Ronnie Brown, an upgrade in Brees or Bulger as compared to Bledsoe and an extra first round pick and the first pick in the second round.

At this point you could probably trade all 3 of those picks to the owner of the #1 overall pick and take the best RB or QB rookie off the board.

I would go for Brees myself, but bulger is certainly an excellent choice too. The difference between the two players is not huge in terms of numbers, so if you like one more than the other, by all means go for it.

I do think Cadillac will have a better year than last year. (last year his O-line got banged up and he didnt have the blocking he needed) So I think there is some upside there.

I'd do both deals in tandem. if you do one deal and dont pull the trigger on the other, you have a hole in your lineup. then when people see you have a hole in your lineup, the asking price for what you need goes up.

go for it on both deals or not at all.