Sign in to follow this  
Da Bomb

Da Bomb's RB Rankings 07

Sorry, but anyone that tries to factor in who gets hurt and who doesnt in a year is an idiot. Why dont you give me your list of players that will not get hurt and the list of the players who will get hurt and how many games you think they will miss - sound dumb yet???

Thats because it is - rankings are not based on potential injuries you will get totally burned by guessing that.

going to have to disagree here. i think a lot of people make big mistakes by blindly hoping everyone stays healthy for all 16 games and drafting likewise.

there are a lot of very good reasons to temper expectations for a player. age is a big factor, bigger at some positions than other. injury history is huge. brian westbrook has never made it through 16 games in a season. youd be foolish to expect him to do it this year. maybe he does, but historical trends point clearly otherwise. there are other factors too, including many further ones which point strongly to LJ being in trouble this year, hence my big drop on there. i dont recommend picking a bunch of guys for huge drops like that. but taking mcnabb and vicks numbers and then multiplying them by like 14/16 is a good idea, so you count in two games being out (or some number you choose). if it werent for the injury questions (and now pit bull stuff), vick would be a top 5 qb on any sane persons list every single season.

not at least being aware of players more likely to miss time than others is not being cautious or intelligent. its putting you behind the eight ball against other smarter owners in your league who are taking appropriate steps of caution.