Sign in to follow this  
Rechtien

Braylon Edwards Keeper value?

I am in a 12 team keeper league. This is the first year we are using IDP in our league so I am sort of feeling out draft value for players. We can keep up to three players from last years draft (but are not required to keep any). If you keep a player you have to give up a draft slot 2 rounds higher than where drafter last year. Braylon Edwards will cost me a 10th round selection in this years draft based on last year. I have seen his value place somewhere between 6-9 in standard leagues but with us playing IDP and going 20 rounds I am not sure the 10th round is enough value to keep him. My other two keepers are Henry and Kitna at 12 and 13 (both were free agents, last year we had 15 rounds). I draft 1.03 in a snake draft format. I do not really have any other players worth keepeing as we cannot keep anyone drafted higher than round 4.

Any thoughts from you IDP guys? How much do I have to curve value for players when you include IDP in the draft?

Any help is appreciated and I will try and return the favor.

Rechtien

He's worth a 10th round pick, He wasn't super awful last year and is team was. If his team gets any better his value goes up.

Certainly worth a 10th rounder. Look at the guys going in the 10th round-not many with Braylon's upside. While I don't expect him to set the world on fire, he makes a decent WR3.

well, hes worth keeping for a late round pick, but if you are limited in your keepers, I think there may be better players on your team worth keeping.

If we had a list of the players on your team we could probably give you a better answer to this question

My final roster looked like this. Those listed as FA cannot be kept for the next year due to draft position. The numbers next to other players are the draft position given up to keep the player.

David Carr 12

Chris Chambers FA

Delhomme 4

Edwards 10

Lee Evans FA

T. Henry 13

R. Johnson FA

John Kitna 13

W. McGahee FA

R. McMichael 5

A. Thomas 13

R. Williams FA

The draft selections there are 2 rounds higher than where drafted last year, so David Carr was drafted in the 14th round last year (out of 15 rounds). Anyone declared a 13 round pick was a FA after the draft. If two players have the same value you lose the next higher round which is why I lose 12 and 13 for henry and kitna, although I think the value is good with those two players.

If we were staying a standard league where we had 15 rounds and did not use IDP I think a 10th round for Edwards will be a great value this year.

* In case anyone is wondering, my team sucked last year, but when you draft at or near the bottom of the first round I tried to take some chances and they didnt pan out. This year though I draft 1.03 due to my finish last year. And I have Henry as a keeper!!

Any advice on Edwards is appreciated.

Rechtien

I disagree with keeping edwards.

Kitna is your man.

he is the startiing QB in a Martz coached offense with 2 very good starting Receivers and a new WR drafted in the first round that could also be a stud.

he also has a pass catching RB (Jones)

he threw for 4000 yards last season, and I cant see that number going down a whole lot.

Braylen Edwards was on my team last year, and he showed flashes of brilliance, but his attitude, and his lack of consistancy drive me nuts.

The fact that the QB's in Cleveland have looked like crap and struggled to learn the new offensive system so far in camp doesnt do a lot to inspire me to show faith in him.

Talented he may be.... but I think the safer pick is to take the QB that has a chance to be a top 5 performer.

youre only giving up a 13th round pick for him.

Why wouldnt you do this?

see mine

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...howtopic=275454

I think the point was he is keeping kita and henry and has another option to keep in which case edwards is very very good in a keeper format

If there was a choice kitna would be better, this choice is between edwards and a round 10 draftpick in a keeper format. Where I would expect him to go in round 4 or 5.

I think the point was he is keeping kita and henry and has another option to keep in which case edwards is very very good in a keeper format

If there was a choice kitna would be better, this choice is between edwards and a round 10 draftpick in a keeper format. Where I would expect him to go in round 4 or 5.

Keeping all three seems like good value for what you'll be spending. Dew it!