Sign in to follow this  
puntjack

Help me craft a fair trade offer...

4-player keeper league, standard scoring, 4 points per passing TD. Keepers are used for the first 4 rounds of the draft, so if everyone keeps 4 players, the draft actually starts in round 5.

I have LT2, Gore, Jacobs, Addai, Fitzgerald and Lee Evans. Another owner wants to trade for Addai, because he would be better than either of his RBs. However, trying to come up with a reasonable trade for both sides has been difficult. He doesn't have a QB or WR who I would be interested in trading for. He is willing to give up draft picks, but what is a reasonable offer? A 5th and a 6th in this year's draft doesn't seem like enough for a 1st round pick. A 5th and a 6th in this year's draft and next year's draft seems like it significantly hinders his ability to win until 2009.

I'm calling on FFToday nation to help me come up with a reasonable trade offer that helps both sides.

the best result (in my opinion) is to wait.

If he doesnt have a WR or a QB you need, you might as well tell him what you think you'll be wanting for that player after the draft has been made.

With LT and Gore, you are strong at RBif you trade Addai away and there is no need to ask for a RB in return.

draft picks are nice, but you dont know 100% what kind of players you will end up with.

I'd wait until the draft has been made and trade in terms of real players.

The problem with waiting for the draft is that I would have to use my 4th round pick on Addai. If I can trade Addai away prior to the draft, I can keep Brandon Jacobs, still be deep and solid at running back and have the extra picks.

That's why I'm trying to make the trade before the draft.

The problem with waiting for the draft is that I would have to use my 4th round pick on Addai. If I can trade Addai away prior to the draft, I can keep Brandon Jacobs, still be deep and solid at running back and have the extra picks.

That seems perfectly reasonable, and logical. Personally, I'd have to see the other guys roster in order to try to to help you figure out any kind of trade, and you're right, a 5th and 6th pick is not enough for Addai. Heck if you need to, keep Addai and pay the 4th pick to keep him. You can always trade him for better players after the season starts and still get his full value. That's the beauty of picking up good players early is the increase in value. When people start missing that RB they need, they'll know where to go.

I say go with what you have and you'll have 3 of the top 5-7 picks in a normal draft. And then keep Fitzgerald.

Now way I would trade Addai right now unless Manning or Palmer was invloved at a minimum.

Well, I dont think Addai and Brandon Jacobs are in the same league in terms of talent and ability.

Addai is a pass catching RB who will also get really good yards on the ground. also a potential allstar.

Jacobs is more of a pounding RB who runs over people, but doesnt catch a lot of passes Possibly a top 10 RB but likely never an all star.

Unless you are getting at least a first and a second round pick, I wouldnt consider this offer. Addai is gonna be too good not to keep.

The 4 I'd keep would be LT, Gore, Addai, & Fitz. Offer him Jacobs and Evans for his 1st round pick because he'd have no shot at both of them where he is picking. My guess is that since there doesn't appear to be any restrictions on who you can or can not keep, these two could easily go in the 1st round. If you are feeling generous, give him both for his 2nd pick. If he is set on Addai, you should ask for no less than his 1st and 3rd. I can guarantee you 100% that there will be no player available in the 1st round as valuable as Addai.

The 4 I'd keep would be LT, Gore, Addai, & Fitz. Offer him Jacobs and Evans for his 1st round pick because he'd have no shot at both of them where he is picking. My guess is that since there doesn't appear to be any restrictions on who you can or can not keep, these two could easily go in the 1st round. If you are feeling generous, give him both for his 2nd pick. If he is set on Addai, you should ask for no less than his 1st and 3rd. I can guarantee you 100% that there will be no player available in the 1st round as valuable as Addai.

I agree with Tbayxxxvii

Thanks for the input, everyone. It's just hard to keep Addai knowing that he shared a bye week with Gore, so I'm probably only going to get one week's use out of him. At least if I get a 5th round pick this year and next, I can keep Jacobs (use him for at least two weeks this year) and grab two very good WRs to pair with Fitz both this year and next.

Gore, LT2, Jacobs, Fitz and then two 5th round WRs would definitely be an odds on favorite to win the league for the next two years.

But, no matter what happens, it's a good position to be in.