Sign in to follow this  
quetzal

Draft Buddy Feature Request

Is there a way to highlight or bold certain players you would like to watch for in the summary tab of the draft buddy??

Basically just something to distinguish certain players (~20 or so). It would be helpful if the designated players could be somehow distinguished in both the TOP ADP PLAYERS and the TOP RANKED PLAYERS AVAILABLE tables in the summary tab of the Draft Buddy.

Is there a way to implement that?

Interesting. I can think of one way to do it, which is a little involved. I'll give the general steps involved and if you get bogged down anywhere I (or someone) will come back and fill in more detail. Here goes:

1. Make a list of players you want to highlight. Put it somewhere that doesn't interfere with anything else. Say, off to the right on the summary tab. Make sure the player names are exactly the same as they are through Buddy (i.e. rookie symbols).

2. Name this list using by highlighting it and using Insert > Name > Define. I'll call it "watch_players".

3. Highlight the cells you want to highlight/bold... the Top ADP Players and Top Ranked Player boxes (just the data). Select Format > Conditional Formatting.

In the Conditional Formatting you're going to have to set it for Formula and put some sort of lookup formula to tell if the name in the Top ADP or Top Ranked boxes matches a name in the "watch_players" list. Something like this (for the Top ADP one):

=$X20=VLOOKUP($X20,watch_players,1,0)

Change the available format to highlight or bold or whatever if that condition is met, and you should be good to go.

Make sense?

:cry: Hello, how can I add more sound effects in the draft buddy, I first start off by putting the specific file in the sound folder right, (in MP3 or Wav format?) but then how do I make it appear in the Timer sound efffect box, under the "empty" slots already there and how do i also add them to the trash talking sound Effect box.

There seems to be a kink or a restriction where as you are allowed to click on the Trash talking Sound Effect box, on any one and then just hit play to make the sound file play, but when you try to click on the timmer sound effects boxes above, and try to make it just "play", it won't play, some error boxs pops up and said please select a sound effect, which referes to the Trash talking sound effects below, do I have to add the sound effects listed from the Timer Sd fx to the Trash Sd Fx to be able to use the addtional Sd fx as I would the Trash Sd fx: :dunno:

Thanks

Hey dannyoooo. The sound files are in .wav format. Put them in the /sounds/ sub-folder of your Compiler folder.

Buddy will play the timer sound effects by clicking and hitting play, but choose them under the "Filename" heading instead of the "Sound Effect" name heading. The "Filename" is the exact name of the file you put in /sounds/ without the .wav on the end.

You can also replace any of the trash talking sound effects if you want to add some different ones in there.

That worked out great. Thanks for tweak. What worked was

=$X20:$X24=VLOOKUP($X20:$X24,Watch_players,1,0)

Applied to =$X$20:$X$24

After thinking more i thought maybe this wasn't such a great help. Sure it can keep track of a draft list i want but if they are already drafted or exhausted in my list then that wouldn't necessarily help, and then i'd have to make a large list. Since my TOP RANKED PLAYERS AVAILABLE list are different from what TOP ADP TABLE shows, I tried to add the conditional formatting to that list. Instead of me making a new list use the two lists to compare and if the top 4 show in each table then highlight or bold the name.

So the idea is: if a name shows up in both the top ranked players available list and the top adp players list (per position) the name would be distinguishable. So as the draft comes up I can see which name is most likely to be drafted before the other from the ADP.

This is what i did: Applied to =$X$12:$X$16

=$X20:$X24=VLOOKUP($X12:$X16,Top_ADP,1,0)

Where Top_ADP is a new list name i made of $X$20:$X$24

But that didn't work. Any suggestions?

That worked out great. Thanks for tweak. What worked was

=$X20:$X24=VLOOKUP($X20:$X24,Watch_players,1,0)

Applied to =$X$20:$X$24

After thinking more i thought maybe this wasn't such a great help. Sure it can keep track of a draft list i want but if they are already drafted or exhausted in my list then that wouldn't necessarily help, and then i'd have to make a large list. Since my TOP RANKED PLAYERS AVAILABLE list are different from what TOP ADP TABLE shows, I tried to add the conditional formatting to that list. Instead of me making a new list use the two lists to compare and if the top 4 show in each table then highlight or bold the name.

So the idea is: if a name shows up in both the top ranked players available list and the top adp players list (per position) the name would be distinguishable. So as the draft comes up I can see which name is most likely to be drafted before the other from the ADP.

This is what i did: Applied to =$X$12:$X$16

=$X20:$X24=VLOOKUP($X12:$X16,Top_ADP,1,0)

Where Top_ADP is a new list name i made of $X$20:$X$24

But that didn't work. Any suggestions?

If you want it to highlight in both then you're going to have to do similar conditional formatting in each section. Something like:

=$X12:$X16=VLOOKUP($X12:$X16,Top_ADP,1,0) ... in the Top Ranked section

and

=$X20:$X24=VLOOKUP($X20:$X24,Top_Ranked,1,0) ... in the Top ADP section

If you want it to highlight in both then you're going to have to do similar conditional formatting in each section. Something like:

=$X12:$X16=VLOOKUP($X12:$X16,Top_ADP,1,0) ... in the Top Ranked section

and

=$X20:$X24=VLOOKUP($X20:$X24,Top_Ranked,1,0) ... in the Top ADP section

Awesome. Thanks.