Sign in to follow this  
NAn

'07 Player Projections By NFL Team

To prepare FFTodayers for the upcoming ’07 season, starting 5/14 will post threads listing offensive players by NFL team and invite posters to attach projections to each offensive player. Posting of just commentary on one or mutliple players, instead of projections is welcomed and encouraged as well.

Will post 3 team threads per week (2 during 4th of July week) alphabetically by team city, so will have all 32 NFL teams posted before August 1st. Through beginning of FF season will hopefully have this thread pinned as an ‘Archives’ thread, so will have opportunity to post replies for any previous team at any time.

Player Projections By NFL Team: Archives Thread Link

Tennessee Titans: Team/Player Statistical History Link

TENNESSEE TITANS

’06 Statistics

|---------- PASSING -----------||----- RUSHING -----|  TOTAL 
		  CMP  ATT   YD	YPA   TD INT  ATT   YD	YPA  TD	 YD   
		  226  446  2748   6.16  13  19  469  2214  4.72  15   4962
NFL rank --->  31   28   31	 29   30  23   14	5	 7	9	 27
QB
| Name				 |  G | CMP ATT   PCT YARD  Y/A TD IN | RSH YARD TD |
| Vince Young		  | 15 | 184 357  51.5 2199  6.2 12 13 |  83  552  7 |
RB
| Name				 |  G |  RSH  YARD   AVG  TD  |  REC  YARD   AVG  TD |
| LenDale White		| 13 |   61   244   4.0   0  |   14	60   4.3   0 |
| Chris Brown		  |  5 |   41   156   3.8   0  |	2	 4   2.0   0 |
WR
| Name				 |  G |  RSH  YARD   AVG  TD  |  REC  YARD   AVG  TD |
| Brandon Jones		| 16 |	1	 3   3.0   0  |   27   384  14.2   4 |
| Courtney Roby		| 12 |	1	 3   3.0   0  |	2	28  14.0   0 |
TE
| Name				 |  G |  REC  YARD   AVG  TD |
| Bo Scaife			| 14 |   29   370  12.8   2 |

Notes:

QB VYoung: Will be 2nd year

RB LWhite: Will be 2nd year

WR BJones: Will be 3rd year

WR BCourtney: Will be 3rd year

Key Questions For '07 Season:

How will VYoung produce in 2nd season?

Will LWhite carry load or fall off?

Will CBrown be a factor?

Will BJones/CRoby ‘step up’ as starting WR corp?

Will this BE the starting WR corp?

I don't really do projections; but here's some commentary....

As everyone saw last year, VY has the athletic ability to single-handedly take over close games and put his team in a position to win. However, despite his running ability (as seen in the Giants' game or the clip of his overtime-winning TD dash against the Texans), he still has a way to go as a passer. One of the criticisms that VY had coming out of college was that he didn't put much zip on his passes, and (after watching him for a year) I would say that it really does look like many of his passes (especially intermediate routes) sorta float. Also, he was pretty inconsistent in his deep-routes last year; but it didn't help that a couple of his WRs (Drew Bennett & Roydell Williams, most notably) dropped a few wide-open deep passes. Overall, I think VY will improve marginally this year but won't make the drastic improvements that many are expecting in his 2nd year.

In regards to the running game, Lendale (despite his offseason workout issues) looked good in limited time last season. Ultimately, I think the weight concerns were a bit of an over-reaction. He played at about 230 lbs. last season and actually looked a little thin. I think, ideally, the Titans would like him playing at 235-240 lbs. All that said, it seems that Lendale seriously annoyed some of his teammates/coaches this offseason with his apparent lack of commitment. Thus, I wouldn't be surprised if we saw heavy doses of Chris Brown & Chris Henry early in the season -- primarily to serve as a wakeup call to Lendale that he can be replaced. Ultimately, however, I think Lendale will be the primary ball-carrier this season when all is said and done. Brown will serve as the backup (and will get a fair share of carries); and Chris Henry will be the 3rd down RB (because he's a much better receiving option that either Brown or White).

The WR-core is completely unpredictable. Brandon Jones has shown flashes and seems like he could be a good NFL-calibur #2 WR. However, he's also suffered from some bouts of inconsistency. Reports have varied as far as David Givens returning to the field -- with some saying that he should be back by week 4 or so; and others suggesting that he could miss the entire season as he recuperates from a bad knee injury. Newcomer Justin Gage has the size to be a force in the redzone; however, he's never done much (it remains to be seen whether that was as a result of poor QB play in Chi-town or what). Rookies Paul Williams, Chris Davis, and Joel Filani all have ??? around them. Williams is big and fast and could eventually develop into a quality #1 WR down-the-road; but he could also bust just as easily. Filani put up big numbers at Texas Tech and seems like he could be a solid #3-#4 WR. Davis will likely serve primarily on special teams as either a kick-returner or punt-returner. I haven't heard much about Courtney Roby or Brandon Orr this offseason; but apparently, Roydell Williams (the other WR who came in with Jones & Roby) has been incredible in camps so far.

At TE, both Ben Troupe and Bo Scaife will likely get plenty of work. In terms of talent, Troupe is one of the best in the league, but he's also injury-prone and doesn't utilize his talent as well as he could. Scaife isn't nearly as talented but he's much more reliable -- the type of TE who catches everything and will fight for first-downs.

:huh:

Real nice take Mick.

No, not projections, but solid insight and welcomed contribution. :nono: